Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

5" Lift Kit for ZJ Recommendations

727 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  kg6mov 
#1 ·
I just installed a Rock Hard 4x4 Rear Tire Carrier Bumper. I have a new front winch bumper getting Rhino Lined (which I did to the RH rear bumper to match my ZJ) and will install a new winch on it.

I am now looking to increase the lift from the current 3.5" to 5" for more tire clearance for my 33's.

Any recommendations on the best manufacturer of lift kits?

Also, if I increase from 3.5 to 5", will I need to do any other modifications to brake lines, hoses, drive shafts, etc.?

Thank you!

#3 ·
Instead of getting a new lift, put on some Notch Customs fender flares.Clearance for your 33s without the tall lift issues.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies! When I purchased the 97 ZJ four years ago, it already had a 3.5" Rough Country lift. Since then I put on 33x12.5 tires, a Rock Hard rear tire carrier bumper, this week I will install my full front winch bumper with new winch and bull guard. Other than that, I have the ZJ fully Rhino Lined, have updated the steering, put in many new components.

But I wanted a bit more lift because I noticed after I installed the heavy rear tire carrier bumper, I get a little tire rub at times. I can only imagine when I put on the full winch bumper that it may lower the body/frame a bit more. That was my motivation in having more lift.

Thanks for any suggestions!

#7 ·
My recommendation for 5" of lift would be the ironman4x4fab long arms. There's not much on a 3.5" lift that I would consider worth reusing for that height.

For a more cost effective option the rock link setup from IRO is reasonable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.