Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

5.9 Limited interior in a Laredo

805 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bronco2fan 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

So I needed to install a new headliner and wanted to go with black or really dark grey. But the B and C pillars as well as the grab handles are all the lighter grey color. I know the 5.9 had a black interior but were those pieces dark grey/black as well?? I've had no luck getting a decent picture of a 5.9 interior to know for sure.

My plan would be to swap the lighter grey parts for the darker if they actually came in a dark grey or black. I found the part numbers and they list them as "agate" but technically my trim is agate and still have the lighter grey upper panels.

I could always paint the pillars but would like to find the Assist or grab handles in black if possible.. or if anyone has a set they want to part with!
:wink2:

#2 ·
As you realized, your upper panels are not actually "agate." EVERYTHING in the 5.9L is actually agate, including the grab handles. (Most 5.9Ls, however, came with the sunroof, and if you got a sunroof, you didn't get the front grab handles. I ordered one to add to the front passenger seat from eBay off a RHD United Kingdom '98 ZG 4.0L Orvis, which got the identical trim to the 5.9L.)

FWIW, I have some 5.9L interior pieces for sale if you're interested (dash trim, sound bar).

#3 ·
As you realized, your upper panels are not actually "agate." EVERYTHING in the 5.9L is actually agate, including the grab handles. (Most 5.9Ls, however, came with the sunroof, and if you got a sunroof, you didn't get the front grab handles. I ordered one to add to the front passenger seat from eBay off a RHD United Kingdom '98 ZG 4.0L Orvis, which got the identical trim to the 5.9L.)

FWIW, I have some 5.9L interior pieces for sale if you're interested (dash trim, sound bar).
After a long search last night I was actually able to find a set of the RHD handles in black from Russia. Funny thing is.. the company that sent me the headliner sent grey instead of black.. :doh: so I might just stick with the grey and still use the darker trim pieces. Its at least a nice dark grey.

do you have any other 5.9 parts? My dash is in good shape so id probably keep that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.