5.2 intake - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-08-2014, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
oldred95
1995 ZJ 

5.2 intake

My zj was idling a little rough ,but vacuum was good around 18 n steady ,but I decided to remove the throttlebody n clean it . I cleaned it completely , removed the iac n cleaned that also . Then I thought about looking in the intake n found it really cruddy , with oil . so guess I'll be doing a plenum repair on it. hope all goes well . just have to wait till this weather warms up, though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-08-2014, 02:30 PM
bobinAZ
1993 ZJ 

i just did mine its not all that hard. the gasket on the plenum is a PITA to get off, so is that bolt in the back of the intake. i used a stubby crescent wrench some people cut a wrench.

i replaced the egr valve, valve cover gaskets and of course the thermostat.
the worst part for me was the vacuum lines. you will break them so take pics and draw up something (i didnt) and take note of which way the check valves go, i thinks theres two. also buy some brake cleaner by the box your gonna use alot unless you bring the intake in to get cleaned.

also, my fuel pressure regulator is on my fuel rail.. and i think with fuel rail being off for 3 days one of the gaskets dried out being exposed to the air.
when i started it i had a fuel leak
the o ring kit was 15.00 from the dealership.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-10-2014, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
oldred95
1995 ZJ 

Thank you so much . Plan on doing the Hughes kit , removing the heads (valve job), timing chain, while I'm at it. Once again,thank you!

post #4 of 5 Old 03-10-2014, 06:41 PM
PolkaPower

1998 ZJ 

If I had to do it again I would pull one from a yard and do the kegger mod while I repaired the plenum. That way the ZJ wouldn't be down and you could take your time and paint it too. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=80192
post #5 of 5 Old 03-12-2014, 01:44 AM
bobinAZ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
If I had to do it again I would pull one from a yard and do the kegger mod while I repaired the plenum. That way the ZJ wouldn't be down and you could take your time and paint it too. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=80192
well son of a ditch!!! all the reading i did on the repair and this is the first Ive heard of that Mod... i already got a dremel tool i wondered what the center divider did, now i know.. impede air flow..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in