1995 ZJ 5.2 Idle issues - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 01-24-2017, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
parkerbo84

Garage
1995 ZJ 5.2 Idle issues

So my problem is that when i start the jeep cold it will run fine for a few minutes but then it will spit and sputter then even out again. Sometimes it will stall and it wont start without me holding the throttle down. This also happens while im in drive occasionally, ill give it gas to go but it will spit and sputter unless i put the pedal down in which case it goes just fine. Also does it while in drive and stopped at a light or a stop sign. I have replaced the Throttle position sensor and the IAC valve, the distributor cap, cables, cam position sensor, are pretty new. I've checked the fuel pressure and it is stable at 40psi, but when the engine has its little sputtering fit it jumps back and forth from 30-50psi rapidly. Not sure if its some electrical issue or mechanical. If anyone has had this problem and can provide some insight i would appreciate it. I have no CEL or codes to reference. Right now i am going to be testing as many circuits as i can for shorts, looking for excess voltage drops, cleaning connections, and testing sensors to try and narrow it down before spending any more money on parts. Right now im leaning towards a lazy O2 sensor, map sensor, coil, maybe my crankshaft position sensor. It just doesnt seem to be a mechanicl issue because the engine is smooth ans strong when not having the aforementioned issue. Thanks.

Tags
idle , stall , zj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in