1995 jeep grand cherokee limited 4.0 stalls in reverse - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-05-2019, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Ap23242324

1995 jeep grand cherokee limited 4.0 stalls in reverse

Ok so I’am having problems with my jeep grd cherokee i had issues with it not going into gear so i took it to the trans shop and they fixed it. Only problem is the trans shop appears to have damaged the bracket that the gear shifter cable attaches to. So the cable wasn’t attached to the bracket correctly it seems the bracket was bent and the cable basically wasnt flush where it attached long story short my car vibrates alot and trembles in reverse then shuts off, it does this mostly after the engine has been driven a while like 20-30mins before that it is reversing fine and stays on, no shaking or trembling. Does anyone know what the problem is? Could they have damaged my crankshaft position sensor when they installed or reinstalled my trans? If you have any idea of what it could be please tell me all my vacuum lines are good and air-filter is fine another thing is the car sometimes goes up and down on the first gear before shifting into second gear then its fine. Its like its up and down up and down then suddenly shifts into gears fine

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-06-2019, 08:23 AM
LordHobbit

1993 ZJ 

Take it back to the shop and tell them they done screwed up. They should be responsible and correct it. If not, court time.

93 red ZJ 196k 4.0. Spent more money than I should have ...
post #3 of 3 Old 06-07-2019, 01:33 AM
IMMORTEN

1998 ZJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHobbit View Post
Take it back to the shop and tell them they done screwed up. They should be responsible and correct it. If not, court time.

I 2nd this ^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in