YJOTM - March 2018 - Vote Now! - JeepForum.com
View Poll Results: YJOTM - March 2018 - Vote Now!
'92 vegas YJ 12 42.86%
jeep63 4 14.29%
bgredjeep 2 7.14%
CWBreeding 0 0%
paulhead 3 10.71%
shaggyjim 7 25.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

12Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 03-25-2018, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

YJOTM - March 2018 - Vote Now!

***1st rule of YJOTM is you do not vote for yourself. 2nd rule of YJOTM is you DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF. 3rd rule? do NOT solicit votes from outside. Investigations have been held, and people have been disqualified. Just don't do it*** Having a good time is what it's all about! Good luck to all!

Username: '92 vegas YJ
1992 Jeep wrangler YJ

Engine: 4.0L with Airaid Cold air intake
Transmission: AX15
Transfer case: NP231 with Teralow 4:1 and AA SYE

Front axle: 1988 Ford High Pinion KP D60. Yukon 5.13 gears, ARB, 35 spline chromolly inner and outer shafts, 35 spline chromolly ECGS drive slugs. Four wheel supply steering arms with ARP studs. Ruff stuff 3/8" differential cover

Front suspension: SOA with Wagoneer springs. Bilstein 14" 5125 shocks

Rear axle: Eaton HO72, shaved, 5.13 gears with welded ORB spool, disc brakes and Artec 9" truss.

Rear suspension: double triangulated 4 link. 2x.250" lowers and 1.75x.120" uppers with Metalcloak Duroflex joints. 14" ORIs.

Steering: PSC hydro assist box with Surplus center ram.

Wheels/tires: 17x9.5 Allied beadlocks with 41.5" Pit bull Rockers

Recovery: Warn M8000 winch

Armor: Front Procomp bumper that I chopped down 12" and bent/welded a grill hoop and winch guard onto, some old Smittybilt rear bumper, Poison Spyder Customs Jeep LJ rear corner armor with lots of fabrication to fit my needs, 3/16" bent plate for rockers and CCFABS DIY hihine front fenders. 1/4" belly and oil pan skid that I built.

Interior: Full 6 point cage that I built that's tied to the frame. Mastercraft suspension seats in the front with a Corbeau rear suspension bench seat. PRP harnesses front and rear. 40MM ammo can center console, GT Grant steering wheel, Marine Bluetooth stereo headset with a 10" sub mounted behind the drivers seat. RCI 2161JD fuel cell with Russell twist-lok fuel hose and fittings

Plenty of other miscellaneous things like OBA, LED lights. GPS, tube tailgate so I have room for my cooler, custom basket over my fuel cell, custom built drive shafts etc...

Back story: I've technically owned my YJ since I was about 16 years old around 2003-2004 time frame. Over the years I built it in many phases and had it built up pretty good on 35s with an 8.8 and full cage. I decided I wanted to go to tons and bigger tires. That snowballed into a 2 year build. I wanted to stretch the body and frame so I can keep a back seat while still running a fuel cell. I ended up just buying a whole roller Jeep and used the unmolested tub to do the stretch. I stretched the tub and frame 15". I then decided to 4 link the rear on ORIs and push the axle back even further for a total of 114" wheelbase. The only thing that has not been changed out from my original YJ is the grill, engine, trans and most of the frame. I have collected everything I need to 3 link the front and will be doing that sometime this year. This Jeep is a complete machine off road and a nice stress reliever for me to tool around on in the garage.

Username: jeep63
1989 YJ
-Modifications
258 w/Mopar Fuel Injection conversion.
Borla Stainless header.
Brown Dog 1" MML w/super brackets.
Dual Optimas (Red/Yellow) w/Painless dual battery switch
95 Dual Diaphragm brake booster
Durango steering box w/support brace.
AX15 w/External slave conversion
NP231 w/SYE, TeraLow 4:1 and wide chain
UCFW Ultra high clearance skid
Kilby GTSP
D30 front 4:56 gears w/Warn hub conversion, alloy shafts and ARB
D44 Full Float rear 4:56 gears,w/Hubs and ARB
REXD 4.5" suspension
Rancho RS9000xl front shocks
Bilstein 5150 rear shocks
Warn hsi9000
Warn bumpers front and rear w/tire carrier
OR FAB front cage
Off Your Rocker - rocker panel protection
Rhino Liner
TJ Rubicon flares
35x12.50 BFG KM2s
U.S. Mags Indy Slot Wheels 15 x 8
White Phantom II autometer guages.
Tuffy Security console & glove box.
Surplus cargo box w/re-purposed cute-ute rack for storage.

-This jeep was originally my oldest brothers'; he died unexpectedly in 2004, and it became mine. I finished his project list, and have added a few more upgrades since. I still remember going with him to look at this stock 1989 Jeep Wrangler Laredo near his house in 1998. He fully embraced wheeling and we went on many trips together.
Our last trip was fall 2000 just before he moved to Washington State.

This jeep is not the biggest on the trail, but it is very capable. I have it at a point where I am happy with it, and how it performs. I still hope to travel west one day to hit the Rubicon or Moab.

Username: bgredjeep
1987 YJ
Build thread - https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...thread-1499373
-Engine/Trans
4.2 w/ Howell EFI, CRT HEI, AW4 with RADesigns Winters shifter / Dana 300 w/ JB Conversions 4:1 and 32 spline output
-Axles
Front Dana 60, Spartan locker, PSC full hydro steering, 35spline, Solid drive flanges and diff cover
Rear Eaton HO72, Artec truss, shaved housing, custom rear cover, 14bolt shafts, Disk brakes
-Suspension
front 3-link, 14" radflo coil-overs, rear 4-link, 16" radflo 2.5 air shocks, 114" wb
-Tires/wheels
40" comp Maxxis Trepadors on 17x9 Method 101 beadlocks
-Extras
T-Max winch, Full belly skid plate with 1/2" UHMW, Corbeau Ultra SS seats, 5pt harnesses, quick release steering wheel, 20# co2 OBA, Bluetooth stereo, rock lights and LED light bars, Action Packer for tool storage

I've owned Big Red since 1999 when I bought it as my daily driver (as pictured in the first shot below). It had a 4" lift, 33s, and the mopar catalog installed. I drove it as my only vehicle for ~4 years until I bought a car for daily duty. From there I started building with the intention of having a solid wheeler that I could drive to the trail, wheel, and drive home. Plans change, and so did my Jeep.... many times over the years.

With help from my buddy Cole at RCM fab, the Jeep has been transformed into a serious rock crawler over the last couple years. It's basically a buggy, but I wanted to make sure it could still be recognized as a Jeep. Almost every part of the jeep has been replaced or upgraded in the years I've owned it. The motor, grill, hood, cowl, part of the floor, and a few feet of the frame is all thats left of the Jeep I started with. It's "legal" in GA. Tagged and insured, and on rare occasions I do drive it to the store or a local car meet. The sticky tires are the only thing that keeps me from more street time. I'd like to put a v8 in at some point, but no immediate plans for that. I've been wheeling a bit over the last 6 months since we finished the 3-link and auto swap and it works better than I could have hoped. The only change I've got planned short term is to raise the front fender tubes. The tires keep rubbing the paint off.

Username: CWBreeding
Year: 1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ

Specifications and Modifications:
Drivetrain
-2.5L
-HPD30 front, Ford 8.8 rear, geared to 4.88
-ARB Air lockers front and rear
-AA SYE kit, Tom Woods CV driveshaft
-35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's w/ Kevlar

Suspension/Steering
-Power steering conversion and PS gearbox from a Dodge Durango with M.O.R.E. Steering box stabilizer bracket
-Rusty's Offroad heavy duty tie-rod and drag link
-4" Rubicon Express suspension lift with single leaf removed from each pack (decreases spring rate, improves ride quality, and gives lift of ~2.5-3"), 5/8" lift boomerang shackles rear, 2" body lift

Interior
-Bedlined tub
-Corbeau Baja SS bucket seats
-Tuffy center console
-Polk audio speakers in a floor mount speaker pod

Recovery
-Warn M8274 built in 1976 that I rebuilt as a summer project

Miscellaneous
-Poison Spyder DeFenders (steel)
-Smittybuilt bumpers front and rear
-TJ rear flares
-Ridgid Job Box for rear storage
-Cobra 75 WX/ST CB radio with Firestik Antenna

The Story:
I bought this Jeep when I was 15 and a freshman in high school, and it was bone stock. All the work that's been done to it has been done by me and my awesome dad, and it's how I learned the art of wrenchin'. The only exception to this would be the lockers that I just had a shop install due to time constraints and not having space to work at my apartment. Overall, it's been a long, slow build with lots of wheeling and a few broken parts thrown in the mix, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Pictures:

Username: paulhead
1994 YJ
So I won YJOTM back in 2016 and thought Id give it another shot. Ive had a some new mods since then and believe Im about done for now. Was thinking of doing a D44 in the front but I should have thought about that before investing (oxymoron, jeep, investment, HAHAHA!!) money into the D30 but Im happy with where Im at for now. Just got back from beating the crap out of my rig at the Hammers and I was impressed with my little beast.
Details are as follows:
94 YJ 4.0 3spd with trans cooler, Rustys motor mounts, Optima Redtop, '95 booster/MC upgrade
Transfer Case NV241OR (4:1) Rock Trac, Adams drive shafts front and rear
D30 , Yukon (Warn) hubs, Lockright, Beefy steering, Dynatrac u-bolt flip kit
Ford 8.8 w Yukon Grizzly locker, Superior Super 88 kit and Ruff Stuff spring under ubolt plates, 4.10 gearing
4 Zone springs,
35 General Grabber X3s
Smitty winch, Hi lift, homemade 10lb CO2
Armor, Barnes 2" belly, Rustys dif covers, CCFAB
tube fenders, rockers
Cushy Grant steering wheel and Corbeau RS seats

Day 1 came with winch, 33" ATs and a 2" lift, stock everything else.

FINAL MODE:

Username: shaggyjim
1992 YJ
-My Jeep was originally an all black SE with a soft top and half doors, tube bumpers, AC, 4.0L H.O and three speed automatic.
I have now added the following to it.

-High pinion Dana 44 from a 77 F150 with Detroit Truetrak and 4.88's, Chevy knuckles with Ford disks in 5x5.5, high steer made from 1.5"x.250 DOM.

-Ford 9" out of a 80's Bronco with a true Hi9 center that has a 35 spline ARB with 4.88's, and 35 spline Currie shafts.

-I have a Super short SYE from Teraflex and drive shaft I got from a place in south Denver. it front drive shaft is stock from a XJ.

-35" BFG KM2's and aluminum wheels

-Other mods include no front bumper, Mile Marker 9500, Smittybult rear bumper and tire carrier, Genright aluminum rocker guards and flat fenders, Lacarra steering wheel, cheap Autozone racing seats, Early CJ7 full doors, frameless soft top from softtoppers, and two booster seats for the Kids.

-As for the future mods I have been looking hard at a four link setup running ORI struts and a L33 5.3L/4l60e swap. I would also like a nice set of spring seats and to add onto the roll bar and a zip locker for the Dana 44.

Attached Thumbnails
image1.jpeg   image2.jpeg   image3.jpeg   image4.jpeg  

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 03-25-2018, 11:20 AM
jeep63
Web Wheeler

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Another great bunch of Jeeps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

95 YJ-Sold
YJOTM 05/15,05/18
post #3 of 26 Old 03-25-2018, 12:30 PM
Mediceagle

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Nice looking YJ's. Good luck!

87 YJ 8.8 4:56 35's Sold
04 TJ Rubicon 4.0 35" KM2's DD
15 JK Rubicon Wife's DD
18 JL Sport Daughters

post #4 of 26 Old 03-25-2018, 12:45 PM
Towny72
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Man this is a great line up.

Going to have to sleep on it before casting my vote..... Good stuff everybody, awesome YJs!

Should have gotten a tetanus shot with this jeep!
post #5 of 26 Old 03-25-2018, 01:18 PM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hard decisions....... All great builds.... Voted...

AUDREY...95 YJ UNLIMITED

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495
SOLD

BETTY...94, Stroker 4.6,35"s, SOLD

style intake
post #6 of 26 Old 03-25-2018, 03:25 PM
shaggyjim
Joy can be found anywhere

1992 YJ Wrangler 

OH WOW! @bruinjeeper thats great you dug up my entry bro! I went to send it to you and found that I didn't have it anymore after I got the new computer. Many thanks!
Nice lineup this month!
bruinjeeper likes this.

Jim...

"That's more fun than watching a hippie get mauled by a bear!"
......YJOTM June 18......
post #7 of 26 Old 03-25-2018, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjim View Post
OH WOW! @bruinjeeper thats great you dug up my entry bro! I went to send it to you and found that I didn't have it anymore after I got the new computer. Many thanks!
Nice lineup this month!
It was all @DirtKar 's leg work. I was just an enabler lol.

Good luck
shaggyjim likes this.

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
post #8 of 26 Old 03-25-2018, 06:24 PM
'92 vegas YJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Voted
post #9 of 26 Old 03-25-2018, 07:23 PM
bgredjeep
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Voted.

post #10 of 26 Old 03-25-2018, 07:41 PM
GhostJeepWJ
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Garage
Nice line-up!! Was hard to pick just one!
I like checking out the YJOTM's entries. Always some nicely modified Jeeps!
Now if we can just get other non-WJ members to vote on ours as well!

It's not the Destination so much as the Journey!! - Cpt. Jack Sparrow

2002 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO
2" IRO Spring Lift w/Bilstein 5100s 245/75/R17 Goodyear Armour Shield

post #11 of 26 Old 03-25-2018, 07:42 PM
TSEJEEPERS

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Great Jeeps!

93 YJ SOA 2" springs front, XJ springs rear w/main leaf added, High pinon 9 inch rear detroit locker front Dana 44 ARB 4.56 Gears, 36 inch Irok tires too much to list.
post #12 of 26 Old 03-26-2018, 06:39 AM
88_yj

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Voted nice bunch of jeeps as always good luck to all
post #13 of 26 Old 03-26-2018, 07:12 AM
Stitch586

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostJeepWJ View Post
Nice line-up!! Was hard to pick just one!
I like checking out the YJOTM's entries. Always some nicely modified Jeeps!
Now if we can just get other non-WJ members to vote on ours as well!
Throw us a link in the "YJ Chat and non Tech" sticky when your vote thread is posted.
GhostJeepWJ likes this.

91 YJ 4.0/AX15/231J AA SYE/ Tom Woods CV
3.5" BDS Springs / .75" Booms / 1"BL
HP D30 /Akebono's /1 Ton GM Crossover Steering
Ford 8.8 / Trac loc LSD w/ disc brakes
35x12.5x16 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Walbro255 MetalCloaks
Kilo-Echo-8 * * *
post #14 of 26 Old 03-26-2018, 07:40 AM
87TPIYJ
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Voted! Great rigs this month.

YJUnlimited stretch, Links, SBC, Tons, Lockers, and stuff
March 2017 YJOTM/ 2017 YJOTY

post #15 of 26 Old 03-26-2018, 08:11 AM
87TPIYJ
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Voted! Great rigs this month.

YJUnlimited stretch, Links, SBC, Tons, Lockers, and stuff
March 2017 YJOTM/ 2017 YJOTY

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in