YJ wipers - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-03-2001, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
goofus
2005 LJ Wrangler 

YJ wipers

Is anyone aware of some sort of windshield wiper conversion for YJ's that makes the wiper arms bent like the TJ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-03-2001, 06:02 PM
jeffy

1992 YJ Wrangler 

You know, I don't think it can be done. When they built the TJ they moved the wiper mechanics into the cowl instead of having it in the windshield frame. If the wipers on the YJ would have to have an increased arc to fo all the way down. They would them run off the windshield on the driver side and the passenger side wouldn't sweep half the windshield. To get everything working right you'd have to replace the lengths of the swing arms that are in the windshield frame. Then you would have to make sure that the arms don't bind and can still fit in the limited space. I don't think it's worth it. Real Jeeps have wiper blades on the windshield.

*** www.4BangerJP.com ***
post #3 of 7 Old 06-30-2002, 07:36 AM
lostboy

check these guys out:
<a href="http://www.riptech.net/" target="_blank">http://www.riptech.net/</a>

post #4 of 7 Old 06-30-2002, 10:06 AM
RCHavok797

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I just did the conversion last weekend, its so much nicer having the wipers out of the way.

2005 LJ Impact Orange 4.0L Automatic (Tigger) - new ride
1991 YJ Sahara 4.0L Automatic
1978 Dodge Lil Red Express - work in progress
post #5 of 7 Old 06-01-2007, 12:05 AM
chezuki

Beautiful. I love it when a search works out.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Ares

1988 YJ Wrangler 

There are a couple of companies that mad a easy conversion for it, however, I don't recall any of them being cheap.

- Cameron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-01-2007, 12:29 AM
ZonaWrangler

I have "stowable" wipers on my YJ. I live in Arizona, so I don't need wipers most of the time. First Jeep I ever owned, and the wipers didn't work at all when I bought it ... but I could hear the motor going. I wasn't aware that YJ wipers were supposed to be in the middle of the windshield, so I fixed it ...

I had to lay the windshield down, and I found combs and trash and lighters, that had been sucked in by the YJ Dash black hole. The motor was still going, but not mounted, and the linkage was off. I think ... I may have installed the motor upside down, as it pushes up and away now, rather than across and away ... and on sunny days, I can push my wipers below the windshield frame.

Seriously ... no idea how I did it ... I just made it work. Think I might have mounted the motor upside down.

http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=my95smbe2.jpg

95 Wrangler Rio Grande. Herculined, AEM Brute Force, Helix TBS. No lift, Viper alarm, Primax rims and 30 x 9.5 Dunlop ATs. Gabriel HD shocks. My DD. Mostly ..... mostly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in