YJ No Pressure in Fuel Rail - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 11-04-2010, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
th3_d0c
1993 YJ Wrangler 

YJ No Pressure in Fuel Rail

Ok, I searched the poop out of this forum and came up with a lot of options, but let me give you the background.

Couple of months ago, my battery died, ok, no problem, went out and bought a DieHard Platinum, it was a little bigger then the stock, so I had to "yank" on the + cable to get it to plug in.
It started pretty rough, I assumed because of a bad connection(just REALLY slow to turn over). I knew at some point I would need to change the cables. **Get back to this in a second**
I also wanted to do the '95 booster/MC upgrade, finally found a donor(about a month ago, maybe a little longer), bought that, and at the same time decided to change the +/- cables to 2gauge and extend them a bit. Also need to drop the tank and change the rubber lines from the tank to the metal lines because they were leaking.
So, I dropped the tank, had it unplugged for awhile(over a month), while I waited to get in new filler/vent, I changed the Booster/MC.

When I buttoned everything back up, the Jeep would only turn over(and quite nicely now too), it wouldn't fire up, nothing. So I checked the fuel rail, no pressure. Searched the forums, saw to check the fuel pump, filter, crank position sensor, and pressure regulator.
I had just changed the filter maybe no more then 6 months ago. So I check the lines just after the fuel filter, and they had pressure, and the fuel filter would let a lot of fuel out, so I ruled out the pump and filter. Went and changed the FPS, after I ddi that I shot some starter fluid in the throttle body and it started up nicely then just about instantly died. Ok... Still no fuel in the rail.
I did the jumper trick and can HEAR my pump pumping when I jumper it on in the fuse box. Nothing...
I changed the CPS and when I put Starter fluid in the TB it now starts like crap, and feels like it is going to break something.
I am at a loss. I could still change out the pump but I don't believe that is it.
Any other ideas? Why would fuel not be getting into my fuel rail?
**Checking the fuel lines at the fuel rail(what a pain to get off with that stupid tool), the one inline with the FPS has fuel come out of it, so I know it isn't clogged, and the other(furthest from the radiator), well, that is the return line, so no fuel there. Now, I could have the rubber lines backwards, which line at the rail should have fuel in it? the one closest to the radiator or the one furthest?

Thanks,
Rob.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-04-2010, 02:09 PM
RookieJeeper01
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Could you have your fuel lines switched? On my set up, 4.0 out of 94 XJ my fuel feed
line is the aft port onth fuel rail and the return line is the forward position.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in