YJ ECM Schematic? - NOT THE WIRES - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 Old 04-14-2018, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
JoeyNiq

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtec View Post
Its not the old days throw out the 350 bolt in the 400.
That is really depressing and I'm mildly upset about that. Being a Chevy guy, it was a much simpler time, however... you will never learn anything new if you keep doing it the easy way. I am determined to fix this thing or shop the junkyard until I can understand why someone made it so complicated. Appreciate the info, if I don't say it enough.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 Old 04-14-2018, 03:33 PM
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtec View Post
MrB - that diagram was year specific MY 1995 - and 95 had IAC - So I do not understand question... but will double check . hopefully OP will notice any wire color issues - engine swaps, PCM, Model Year, anything can happen.
Maybe I missed the '95 on the pdf. So maybe it's just the wording on schematic. I think the earlier years used a motor, but later years used a sensor.

ecm-partial.jpg

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
post #18 of 19 Old 05-08-2018, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
JoeyNiq

Garage
JTec & others who contributed,

I was trying to give this Bad Dog a chance to mess up, but it hasn't happened yet. I used the simplified schematic you provided and rewired the Jeep as it showen. The power distribution block was removed and there were a few spliced in fuses in random places. I bought a new fuse block to mount under the hood and replaced all power and grounds as the drawing indicated. It was also missing one of two relays in the system, so again... I made it as it should be and it has been running great since. I really appreciate all of you helping me out on this. Looking back it is easy to understand what is going on when all the parts that are supposed to be there are present.

I do have one wire coming from the ECM plug that was damaged (previously) then soldered back on that is a problem child. The vibration eventually breaks the connection. I thought I saw on a previous posting about removing the pin receiver in the plug and someone doing some rewiring. Is there a process to removing that individual piece from the plug so I can make a proper connection and put it back in? I can get in there and do some man-handling, but I'm pretty sure that will result in me having more broken stuff to deal with.

post #19 of 19 Old 05-09-2018, 09:58 AM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

You can use a wire for any pin in a 91/95 XJ YJ plug and replace the pin. They ecu connector is a little tricky to get the pin to release but not that difficult. All the pinouts for the 91/95 ecu should functionally be the same. Glad you got it fixed. Nice info JTEC

Fault codes:

Mean Max pics of everything:

How to use Google to search the forum:

No Start:

Tags
4.0 , computer , ecm , schematic , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in