11108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #28186 of 28482 Old 04-30-2020, 06:38 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
Electricity is just plumbing that can kill you.
How is your family?
Is your daughter back in Socal with you?

I thought about her when a few friends had to pick up kids from all over the country at different schools. Figured you would be doing the same.

Man, how f'ed up things got in a short time.

"Alferd Packer: “Stand up, you voracious, man-eating son of a *****, stand up! There was seven democrats in Hinsdale County and you up and ate five of them."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28187 of 28482 Old 04-30-2020, 09:31 PM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

1986 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post
How is your family?
Is your daughter back in Socal with you?

I thought about her when a few friends had to pick up kids from all over the country at different schools. Figured you would be doing the same.

Man, how f'ed up things got in a short time.
She, her cop husband, and my grandson are still in Idaho. All well and still working. We just moved to a new home, but it has less room for Jeep work than the last. One good thing is that the project Jeep is now in the garage, so I can work on it once I figure out a way to store all the parts I have in tubs for it.

The MJ is at the assembly phase - get it running before blowing it apart for bobbing the bed and paint. That means one project at a time. No more lift, as business is booming and we needed the warehouse space for a large contract I have it at the house.

I will be like a regular Jeep guy again, laying on a garage floor, but at least I can work on it.

I'll update the MJ build thread once I get situated again. I have all the parts "somewhere" to reassemble it up to the driveshafts.. just need to get moved in and find the time.

91 YJ "Alice"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #28188 of 28482 Old 05-01-2020, 06:17 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
Electricity is just plumbing that can kill you.
I hopefully die doing some thing I love.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.

post #28189 of 28482 Old 05-04-2020, 09:29 AM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yuge undersell...YUGE.

If only I had the space. Wrap it up, park it.

He could get much more if he's willing to hold out.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20200504-112448_Chrome_1588606070695.jpg   Screenshot_20200504-112553_Chrome_1588606082330.jpg   Screenshot_20200504-112539_Chrome_1588606093170.jpg   Screenshot_20200504-112641_Chrome_1588606104022.jpg  

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #28190 of 28482 Old 05-04-2020, 10:30 AM
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Niiiiice. That's what? 37,000 miles? That's low.

Meanwhile, on Craigslist the other day I find three piles of junk for what he is asking for a low-mile original.

The 4th 5-seater YJ in the world.
post #28191 of 28482 Old 05-04-2020, 01:54 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I told you guys a long time ago, YJ's would eventually go up in value. They are following the CJ's.
The closer to original, the higher the value.
I saved every nut and bolt I removed from my Jeep so I could put it back to stock if I ever wanted. The only mods I will do are bolt on. I'll never sell it though.
It's insured for $12,000 right now, I'll up the coverage amount every couple years.

Also, is anyone missing a cat? It loves my Jeep so I figured it had to be one of yours.
The cat moved in a couple months ago. I got her a cat bed but she prefers the Jeep.
Attached Thumbnails
20200503_150554.jpg  

"Alferd Packer: “Stand up, you voracious, man-eating son of a *****, stand up! There was seven democrats in Hinsdale County and you up and ate five of them."
post #28192 of 28482 Old 05-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Nice cat. We had one that loved sleeping on the soft tops so much that she got about 6 miles down the road one time. Dad had a roof rack on his Rubicon and wasn't paying much attention, but finally noticed the meowing. He got her off the top and threw her in the Jeep, ran his errand, then brought her home. She got right back on top.

post #28193 of 28482 Old 05-04-2020, 03:13 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

That's funny! Cats know what they like and are stubborn.
I can tell this cat was dumped. It's friendly and likes sitting with people.
(dumping pets is such a LOWLIFE move)
The cat showed up a couple months ago and figured, OK, I'll live here.

We'll slowly introduce her to the house and the cats we already have.
She has slept on the safari top a couple times. This morning she was pacing in front of the garage door meowing. Joanne opened the door and the cat immediately went straight to the Jeep.
Almost every morning there is freshly killed critter in front of the door. Room and board I guess?
She mostly kills rabbits.

Who could dump a member of the family? That's a serious *** beating right there.
jbolty, shaggyjim and Awesome like this.

post #28194 of 28482 Old 05-04-2020, 05:21 PM
mark1305
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

That looks like a good sized cat - a lot like a Maine Coon Cat I saw on TV a couple of days ago. They run about 20 lbs on average and the coat looks like that. The show said they act more dog like and often bond with family dogs.

When I was in HS or starting college I had a regular short haired black tom cat with the ubiquitous white blaze and white paws. Twenty three pounds and thirty six inches tip of the nose to tip of the tail. Not fat and no scars from other cats getting the better of him.
Chrisnvegas likes this.

89 YJ Parts Bin Special titled as 84 CJ7; parts ranging from 1984 -2000; 4.2L with AX-15. Also a 2000 XJ Sport 2WD with a troublesome AW4.
post #28195 of 28482 Old 05-04-2020, 07:00 PM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Rabbits?! That’s awesome. I’d eat them.

[size=“3”]Shackles & D-rings are different things.
Cranking IS turning over
post #28196 of 28482 Old 05-05-2020, 09:22 AM
daddyjeep87
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:

She has slept on the safari top a couple times. This morning she was pacing in front of the garage door meowing. Joanne opened the door and the cat immediately went straight to the Jeep.
Almost every morning there is freshly killed critter in front of the door. Room and board I guess?

Who could dump a member of the family? That's a serious *** beating right there.
I would much rather see rabbits and birds in my yard than a damn cat. I hate that my neighbor lets her cat loose outside to kill wildlife.

87 YJ, 5.7/TH350/NP241, Custom 4 link/ Radius Arms, ADS Nitrogen Shocks, 35" Cooper STT

Look for the YJ of The Month thread in the YJ Technical Forum. Vote for your favorite Jeeps.

YJOTM August 19
post #28197 of 28482 Old 05-05-2020, 09:37 AM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep87 View Post
Quote:

I would much rather see rabbits and birds in my yard than a damn cat. I hate that my neighbor lets her cat loose outside to kill wildlife.
I thought cats helped the environment and wildlife by aiding emissions?
Chrisnvegas likes this.

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #28198 of 28482 Old 05-05-2020, 10:45 AM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep87 View Post
Do you remember Paul Harvey "and now, the rest of the story"

The virus even f'ed this up.
Vet is only taking emergency type pet stuff right now. As soon as I can get this cat to the vet to get checked out, this cat will join the felines in the house which watch TV, get treats a couple times a day and look out the windows.
I don't let any of our cats outside.
Our area is seriously over-run with coyotes and any pets, including dogs, don't generally last very long outside.
The one good thing, this cat has no interest in birds. It seems to obsess on rabbits which are also plentiful in the desert. Probably the reason for so many coyotes.
daddyjeep87 likes this.

post #28199 of 28482 Old 05-05-2020, 11:15 AM
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have a bunch of magic pills that I can help you feed the coyotes.
Chrisnvegas likes this.

post #28200 of 28482 Old 05-05-2020, 11:18 AM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
I have a bunch of magic pills that I can help you feed the coyotes.
And ruin perfectly good target practice?

~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in