11109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #27886 of 28483 Old 03-08-2020, 03:52 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
I'm more into Bpound's style of camping, with the exception of preferring to be by a lake with the boat.

Your style would drive me insane, Chris. The only thing worse than a crowd is a drunk crowd.
We camp and camping to us is about unwinding, trails, be it hiking, biking or water trails and kayaks. Maybe sprinkle in a beach or two and now with the grandson we gotta do a playground, rock wall, something. It is about nothing to do except making nice meals and enjoying the outdoors. A campfire is a must and campfire must be peaceful and a place to share stories and make great memories.

We often camp in Michigan State parks. Some of our favorite parks ban alcohol altogether through the summer season. Does it mean people do not have a cocktail? Nope. It just means that there are no a-hole sites that are obnoxiously loud all freaking night. People still drink in these parks..... maybe..... lol.... it is just very under control...

BTW. Most Michigan state parks are beautiful campgrounds carved into mature woods. We are blessed to have them. Michigan is for sure an outdoorsmans place to be.

Awesome likes this.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27887 of 28483 Old 03-08-2020, 06:05 PM
bpounds
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, that ^ looks too much like downtown at rush hour. Actually we call it rush 18 hours now. Traffic tapers off between 1 and 7 am.

But I am thankful we can still do all these things in whatever way we choose.

Bill

1988 Wrangler,4.2L I-6, Howell EFI JP-1,CRT HEI Ign,AX15 ext slave conversion, Zone 2" lift + 1" BL + 1/2" booms, BFG 31 x 10.5, Bestop.
post #27888 of 28483 Old 03-08-2020, 07:39 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Time for peace and quiet when I reach room temperature.

I wouldn't consider living east of the Rockies. Bad weather, not much public land. Too many laws and regulations.
There's probably more places in Nevada for peace and quiet than anywhere else in the lower 48. Some desert, some forest, some mountains and dunes.

Not many garages with a view like this...
Attached Thumbnails
20190425_173441.jpg  

"Alferd Packer: “Stand up, you voracious, man-eating son of a *****, stand up! There was seven democrats in Hinsdale County and you up and ate five of them."

post #27889 of 28483 Old 03-08-2020, 07:58 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Wait. I take some of that back.
I do like staying in my favorite cove on Lake Mead. Nice moonlit light, anchor down, the sound of fish jumping. That occasional BIG fish jumping.

Mom teaching her little ducks how to get a free meal.
Attached Thumbnails
20190705_215511.jpg   20190706_011048.jpg   20190704_123806.jpg  
Boojo35, Awesome and bpounds like this.

"Alferd Packer: “Stand up, you voracious, man-eating son of a *****, stand up! There was seven democrats in Hinsdale County and you up and ate five of them."
post #27890 of 28483 Old 03-08-2020, 08:27 PM
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I was wondering when you'd bring your boat up.

I used to go camping on floating campgrounds on a lake in Northern California. I've heard it's the only lake in the U.S. that has floating campgrounds. It's really amazing to fall asleep on the water, and wake as dawn creeps over the mountains around you.
post #27891 of 28483 Old 03-09-2020, 08:42 AM
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post
Solitude? Rustling leaves?

(Drunken night racing at the dunes. Presidents Day weekend 2020)
My kid is lower left.
Quote:
I'm more into Bpound's style of camping, with the exception of preferring to be by a lake with the boat.

Your style would drive me insane, Chris. The only thing worse than a crowd is a drunk crowd.

there are lots of events like that in the desert but you don't set up camp in the middle of the mob, couple miles away and it's quiet again.
Chrisnvegas likes this.

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27892 of 28483 Old 03-09-2020, 07:25 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was wondering when you'd bring your boat up.

I used to go camping on floating campgrounds on a lake in Northern California. I've heard it's the only lake in the U.S. that has floating campgrounds. It's really amazing to fall asleep on the water, and wake as dawn creeps over the mountains around you.
Never heard of a floating campground. Sounds really good though.
The boat is one of the few peaceful parts of my life.
Except the time I went to sleep anchored in a cove and woke up floating in the middle of Lake Mead during an inland hurricane. Anchor down 40' in 400' of water. Huge waves. 60 mph wind, rain, lightning. Constant Maydays on the marine radio from rented houseboats in trouble. Yeah, that was not very peaceful. Lake Mead and Lake Powell can get pretty nasty.

post #27893 of 28483 Old 03-09-2020, 08:38 PM
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

This was five years ago. The last time we ever stayed on one. Our last year in California, actually. Probably will be the last time we ever stay on one, unless CA gets turned around somehow.

Tophog1 and Chrisnvegas like this.

The 4th 5-seater YJ in the world.
post #27894 of 28483 Old 03-09-2020, 09:30 PM
shaggyjim
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
This was five years ago. The last time we ever stayed on one. Our last year in California, actually. Probably will be the last time we ever stay on one, unless CA gets turned around somehow.

That might be one of the coolest thing I’ve ever seen.
post #27895 of 28483 Old 03-10-2020, 02:34 AM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So that whole thing is yours for the night?

post #27896 of 28483 Old 03-10-2020, 08:36 AM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

So my boat looking trip was a bust... 8+ hrs drive 2 ferry trips and took 5 minutes to say, Nope...

Looking in the cuddy cabin floor storage area, sunlight was coming thru the keel line in the fiberglass and gelcoat in the bow,... got out and ran my fingers along the keel and could feel glass fibers.... Its all repairable but not what I wanted to get into...

Looking at a 1988 Mach 1 tomorrow, thats local.... Has the Merc 454 in it... Nice teak in cockpit too... we will see...

AUDREY...95 YJ UNLIMITED LS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495
SOLD

BETTY...94, Stroker 4.6,35"s, SOLD

style intake
post #27897 of 28483 Old 03-10-2020, 04:59 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireLJ View Post
So my boat looking trip was a bust... 8+ hrs drive 2 ferry trips and took 5 minutes to say, Nope...

Looking in the cuddy cabin floor storage area, sunlight was coming thru the keel line in the fiberglass and gelcoat in the bow,... got out and ran my fingers along the keel and could feel glass fibers.... Its all repairable but not what I wanted to get into...

Looking at a 1988 Mach 1 tomorrow, thats local.... Has the Merc 454 in it... Nice teak in cockpit too... we will see...
It's disappointing when sellers withhold defects. As if you won't notice them in person.
I also made a couple wasted trips looking for a slide in camper for my pickup.
Drove 2 hours and one side had bad sun damage. Not mentioned on the phone.

If someone does a lot of beaching, Keel Guard is a good idea.
Awesome likes this.

post #27898 of 28483 Old 03-10-2020, 05:24 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
It's disappointing when sellers withhold defects. As if you won't notice them in person.
I also made a couple wasted trips looking for a slide in camper for my pickup.
Drove 2 hours and one side had bad sun damage. Not mentioned on the phone.

If someone does a lot of beaching, Keel Guard is a good idea.
I once drove from Michigan to St. Louis to meet a guy from Vegas that had a Jeep in tow that was everything he said it was and everything he said it wasn't. The most thorough disclosure ever. To bad everybody isn't like that guy.
NHfireLJ, Tophog1 and Chrisnvegas like this.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.
post #27899 of 28483 Old 03-10-2020, 05:28 PM
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So that whole thing is yours for the night?
I think that particular trip was a 3-night stay. We've stayed for a week at a time on them. They get booked up fast. You have to reserve them 9 months to the day ahead of time.

The 4th 5-seater YJ in the world.
post #27900 of 28483 Old 03-11-2020, 01:24 AM
ThomasYJ

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Don't know why I didnt think to post here before.

Pulled this post from my build thread. Got a lot of Stuff taking up space and want it gone. Make me an offer.

The bolt on's are as follows:
-Airaid cold air intake (the one with heat shield)
-Screamin demon coil
-MSD wires, ignition module & Rev limiter (set to 4000rpm)
-FlowKooler water pump (ran the Jeep through a few temp cycles with it, that's it)
-93 intake manifold
-04 intake manifold with the neon 4 hole injectors/ associated power steering pump
-Airaid throttle body spacer.
-new 138A alternator (Literally brand new)
-OEM radiator (bought during the summer, hasn't seen much use. I'd REALLY hate to junk this thing, it's actually a pretty decent unit!)
-Silicone upper and lower rad hoses (blue). (Bought these back in 2012, great shape!)
4.0 engine with 200k. Doesn't leak and doesn't burn oil.

The Toy:93 YJ
The DD:00 F250 7.3
Build:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in