10798Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #27766 of 28073 Old 02-10-2020, 08:54 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boojo35 View Post
Nope... A Hallmark holiday The wife and I have this thing. People who put too much stock into those holidays or buying flowers etc. for to make up and cover up other wrongs are probably making good on one or two or maybe a few days of the year rather than just being a good spouse, partner, girl or boyfriend the other 360 and some days of the year.

The good news is that valentines day is a warning that my wifes birthday is 3 days later.
Some of us have wives that are "high strung"

Remember, don't get her a vacuum cleaner (self propelled) for her birthday.
You were warned...

A Law repugnant to the Constitution is void. Marbury vs. Madison 1803 I'm talking to you, Virginia...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27767 of 28073 Old 02-10-2020, 11:27 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

If you remember, my car (econo box work car) made it to 119 mph. I wanted 120 mph.
So, I pumped the tires to 40 psi. New air filter, it was really dirty. Filled up with 91 ethanol free. I didn't endanger anyone, the road was empty. It was still climbing (slowly) but 125 was past my goal.
Now I'm wondering how much more I can get. 128?
Attached Thumbnails
20200201_065947.jpg   20200201_070031.jpg  
NHfireLJ likes this.

A Law repugnant to the Constitution is void. Marbury vs. Madison 1803 I'm talking to you, Virginia...
post #27768 of 28073 Old 02-11-2020, 06:14 AM
daddyjeep87
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post
If you remember, my car (econo box work car) made it to 119 mph. I wanted 120 mph.
So, I pumped the tires to 40 psi. New air filter, it was really dirty. Filled up with 91 ethanol free. I didn't endanger anyone, the road was empty. It was still climbing (slowly) but 125 was past my goal.
You have almost 2000 RPMs left. Lets see 130.
Chrisnvegas likes this.

87 YJ, 5.7/TH350/NP241, Custom 4 link/ Radius Arms, ADS Nitrogen Shocks, 35" Cooper STT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Look for the YJ of The Month thread in the YJ Technical Forum. Vote for your favorite Jeeps.

YJOTM August 19

post #27769 of 28073 Old 02-11-2020, 05:21 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
At some point and time you will hit the fuel cutoff which is determined by the speed rating of the tires and programmed into the PCM.
Chrisnvegas likes this.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.
post #27770 of 28073 Old 02-11-2020, 05:35 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Some of us have wives that are "high strung"

Remember, don't get her a vacuum cleaner (self propelled) for her birthday.
You were warned...

Chris, I am smart enough to know that there are few electrical devices that you could by a woman for a gift that are acceptable. Any appliance or cooking/cleaning device is off limits.... unless she has hinted perhaps about wanting some commercial grade mixer or something. And hinted often. Things that bring her personal pleasure are a possibility.......... I know what you all were thinking but I was purely talking like an IPOD or Zune or something. Maybe a high end quilting or sewing machine if it is a hobby of hers and not something that provides for the family. And then you could always replace that purple flash light that she keeps in her night stand that the light does not work and never has and when you turn it on it makes
a buzzing noise and vibrates like it has a terrible short in it or something. I don't know why she has not thrown it away... The damn thing is defective and never had a place for a light bulb. I am worried that her holding onto that is the first step to her becoming a hoarder.
Chrisnvegas and daddyjeep87 like this.

post #27771 of 28073 Old 02-12-2020, 06:23 AM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Chrisnbonnevegas? [email protected]?
Awesome, Tophog1 and Chrisnvegas like this.

[size=3]Shackles & D-rings are different things.
Cranking IS turning over
post #27772 of 28073 Old 02-12-2020, 09:00 AM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishadventure View Post
Chrisnbonnevegas? [email protected]?
I like flogging that car. I don't know why. Every Saturday morning on the way home, traffic is light, cops not out. Straight smooth road.

post #27773 of 28073 Old 02-12-2020, 10:52 AM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireLJ View Post
Just a little something for the weekend trip
Heard you can get +3mpg dumping a bottle of that in your fuel tank

Also less additives than snake oil.

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #27774 of 28073 Old 02-12-2020, 04:07 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm headed to the dunes (edge of Death Valley)
The Las Vegas Jeep club has an outing, sand drags and hillclimbs.

Be there till Monday.

I'll post any crazy stuff...
daddyjeep87 likes this.

post #27775 of 28073 Old 02-12-2020, 07:36 PM
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I brought it home today. The steering shaft is broken, so it was interesting getting it onto the trailer. Also found out my Suburban needs a brake flush. Almost didn't get stopped in time to make my driveway.

bruinjeeper likes this.

The 4th 5-seater YJ in the world.
post #27776 of 28073 Old 02-12-2020, 09:07 PM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
I brought it home today. The steering shaft is broken, so it was interesting getting it onto the trailer. Also found out my Suburban needs a brake flush. Almost didn't get stopped in time to make my driveway.

for parts or project?

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #27777 of 28073 Old 02-12-2020, 09:12 PM
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinjeeper View Post
for parts or project?
Project. My YJ has far better parts on it than this thing does.
bruinjeeper likes this.

post #27778 of 28073 Old 02-13-2020, 06:09 AM
daddyjeep87
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinjeeper View Post
for parts or project?
That thing has had a rough life. Commanches are cool though. I assume you will be starting a build thread at some point?

87 YJ, 5.7/TH350/NP241, Custom 4 link/ Radius Arms, ADS Nitrogen Shocks, 35" Cooper STT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Look for the YJ of The Month thread in the YJ Technical Forum. Vote for your favorite Jeeps.

YJOTM August 19
post #27779 of 28073 Old 02-13-2020, 05:33 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post

I challenge you to learn about metal shaping and dent removal by unstretching metal. You seriously can make a lot of those panels better by doing it. Some folks can make them back to perfect and use not real body filler so to speak. It is an art and some of it is pretty simple once you get the concept. There are lots of good you tube videos on it and a great forum called http://allmetalshaping.com/ A guy to look for on the web who is the master is Peter Tommasini. This guy is has got some serious skills. Another guy that makes a lot of Jeep panels is called metalshaper on You tube IIRC. He does a lot of CJ2A type of stuff, Willies, etc.

One of the guys that worked for the same company as me does all the owners restoration work (which the owner is listed in Forbes as having more money than Donald Trump and a car collection that is very private and I have seen a lot of it and it exceeds Jay Lenos) does metal shaping. He makes very complex restoration parts like quarter panels, hoods, etc by hand for some really exotic old cars..... The point of me saying this is his daughter got interested in it and makes a lot of artsy things out of steel. Fish, flowers, all sorts of things. She is very gifted and has not only learned but excelled at something that has become a lost art.

This is the crap that slowed my 94 project way down. LOL. The tub on it is very rusty. The more I dig the worse it gets. The floorboards and sides of the body were obvious. Some stuff is finishing, some is fabricating from the get go. My torque boxes as they are called on TJ did not look to bad. But I got some weird bug up my butt one day that I was better off to remove them and make new. That is when I found how bad the captured nut thingies for the seat track hold down bolts were. I promise you a lot of YJ seat hold downs are unsafe once I opened it up. Somebody is going to send me a link again about https://www.classicent.com/ also known as classic enterprises. I am fully aware of them. There is conflicting info about the quality of their parts. The sum of the parts I need from them exceeds what I am willing to spend on my 94 as it will go right back out into the salt belt and see the worst of winter days. I can pound out a part with some creativity and maybe making some forms in the wood shop, etc. for far less dollars than I can buy their part for. Time is money but hobbies, enjoyment, pride in making or fabricating something myself and staying out of trouble is priceless.

post #27780 of 28073 Old 02-13-2020, 07:40 PM
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep87 View Post
That thing has had a rough life. Commanches are cool though. I assume you will be starting a build thread at some point?
https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177...hread-4386945/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boojo35 View Post
I challenge you to learn about metal shaping and dent removal by unstretching metal. You seriously can make a lot of those panels better by doing it. ...
I have seen videos from that guy that does the Jeep panel shaping. He spends far more time on a single piece of metal than I am willing to spend on one.

I might try to take the dent out of the passenger fender, but the rest of the cab dents will probably stay in place. I'm not restoring this. It's a beater and it will stay that way. I'm nearly sold on the idea of replacing the bed with a flatbed, since it will be much easier to tie a rollcage into, and because the bed is the worst part of the body. There's at least one hole in the bed (I can't see most of it because it's full of junk), and the top of the bed rail is just as beat up as the bottom edges. And I'd have to find a tailgate, which would probably be pretty difficult.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in