YJ Chat and non tech - Page 1845 - JeepForum.com
 10636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #27661 of 27827 Old 01-20-2020, 10:04 AM
shaggyjim
NARF!

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Don’t you reload bruin? Form me it would be reloading supplies and 1/2” sockets.

Jim...

......YJOTM June 18......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27662 of 27827 Old 01-20-2020, 10:18 AM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post

It's not laziness. It's by design. "How can the world best accommodate me?"
Is our national mantra and it's tearing the country apart. Every problem we've got is because of either 1) The guilt associated with prosperity or 2) complete narcissism.
Poor 'Murica... poor, poor 'Murica.

You dont know how far back you've fought against it and the infectious Metropolis mentality which spreads faster than a wildfire in Kelowna, BC.

Canada is well passed that. Its sad. I wrote a pretty long rant in this message but decided it was best to erase it.

Suffice it to say that you should still be grateful. You do NOT have any idea of how bad it can get. You have a VERY important roadblock in place right now... I hope you're wise enough to see through the cracks, align yourselves accordingly and keep it in place.
Chrisnvegas likes this.

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #27663 of 27827 Old 01-20-2020, 10:19 AM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjim View Post
Don’t you reload bruin? Form me it would be reloading supplies and 1/2” sockets.
I guess I could probably turn my locker storage unit into an ammo re-loading work station. . . But, here in Canada I might be put on a list.

Law abiding, tax paying, hard working, loyal, overskilled, efficient, ethical gun nut
shaggyjim, NHfireLJ and Awesome like this.

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~

post #27664 of 27827 Old 01-21-2020, 07:34 AM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinjeeper View Post
....ammo re-loading work station. . . But, here in Canada I am already on a list.
Probs, right?

A Social Media Compliance Tech Level 3 just sent your post ‘upstairs’ for supervisor to review.

[size=3]Shackles & D-rings are different things.
Cranking IS turning over
post #27665 of 27827 Old 01-21-2020, 08:27 AM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Poor 'Murica... poor, poor 'Murica.

You dont know how far back you've fought against it and the infectious Metropolis mentality which spreads faster than a wildfire in Kelowna, BC.

Canada is well passed that. Its sad. I wrote a pretty long rant in this message but decided it was best to erase it.

Suffice it to say that you should still be grateful. You do NOT have any idea of how bad it can get. You have a VERY important roadblock in place right now... I hope you're wise enough to see through the cracks, align yourselves accordingly and keep it in place.
I'm going to Glacier on a vacation this summer. I was going to go to Banff but I'm not allowed in Canada. I had a DUI 10 years ago. Not a person killing crash, just a regular pulled over "****, this is going to cost ten grand" DUI.
Meanwhile Canada is bringing in pennyless welfare criminal riff raff from another continent to live permanently. I was just going to leave a pile of USD and go home after a couple weeks.

Jordan Peterson is one of my favorite speakers.
NHfireLJ likes this.

A Law repugnant to the Constitution is void. Marbury vs. Madison 1803 I'm talking to you, Virginia...
post #27666 of 27827 Old 01-21-2020, 08:54 AM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post
Jordan Peterson
He’s Canadian but he hasn’t let that effect his ability to think apparently
Chrisnvegas likes this.

Cranking IS turning over
post #27667 of 27827 Old 01-21-2020, 09:54 AM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishadventure View Post
He’s Canadian but he hasn’t let that effect his ability to think apparently
If I want to visit Canada, I have to hire a lawyer and go thru a process to have Canada consider me "criminally rehabilitated" for a 10 year old garden variety DUI. I found this out when we started making reservations at campgrounds for an upcoming trip to Canada. I was already getting stuff for me Jeep for the trip. I'm not going to go there now.
They rush people in from the most violent places on Earth... permanently, but won't let me visit some National Parks for a few weeks.

A Law repugnant to the Constitution is void. Marbury vs. Madison 1803 I'm talking to you, Virginia...
post #27668 of 27827 Old 01-21-2020, 03:37 PM
mark1305
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I've often wondered with regard to Canada's gun laws. Don't people hunt up there? Bow and arrow only? And bear defense - bear spray?

89 YJ Parts Bin Special titled as 84 CJ7; parts ranging from 1984 -2000; 4.2L with AX-15. 2000 XJ Sport 2WD with a troublesome AW4.
post #27669 of 27827 Old 01-21-2020, 07:14 PM
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Man, there's a reason I don't hang around other Jeepers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Forum
[Sorry for the long tale but it's a good read]

My 2007 JK has about 120,000 miles on it. Just before Christmas I ran out of gas at night (my daughters, both home from college, had been joyriding it around town getting LOTS of attention earlier in the day) and AAA came with my two free gallons of gas. Unfortunately, the moron did not realize that the two gallons he put into my tank were diesel, not regular unleaded. Neither did I.

Now the story gets interesting.

The vehicle started, but 1/4 mile away it died. The same AAA contractor towed me to my mechanic. The next day I heard that my fuel pump had failed. The following day I heard that the pump had been replaced, and that the fuel system was basically pure diesel, which had caused the fuel pump to fail. My mechanic had tried to start and drive the vehicle a number of times after replacing the fuel pump, and it didn't start, and that's when he decided to check the fuel itself and detected the diesel. Meaning, diesel ran through the new fuel pump as well. Then he flushed the fuel system, put in regular unleaded, and the car seemed to work OK.

Fine. I paid the mechanic and filed a claim with AAA for about $1,000.

I took the jeep on a run for about 120 miles with no performance issues a couple days later.

A couple days after that, I left on another day trip but my engine began making a very metallic knocking going up a grade. I called AAA again and got towed 75 miles to my special jeep mechanic because I wondered if this was still an aftershock from the diesel thing. A couple days later this second mechanic told me three of my rods were destroyed and that he smelled diesel fuel in the oil that he drained into the pan. How did diesel get in the lubrication system, I asked. He said that diesel won't burn in the carburetor but runs down the walls and seeps through some seal into the lube system.

Why did it take a week and over 200 miles of driving to finally damage my engine, I asked him. He said diesel has no lubrication properties, so it takes a little time (e.g., a few days and 200 miles) for the degradation in the engine to finally take hold. That's why the engine didn't fail immediately after I picked it up from the first mechanic.

But then, this specialized mechanic says that it is possible that my engine was ready to fail already, and the diesel just put it over the edge. I want to update my claim to AAA for both the fuel pump and a rebuilt engine (now a total of $8500), but the mechanic is unwilling to openly state that "diesel caused the engine failure."

So here are my questions:

1) Do 2007 JK engines (V-8, 6 cylinder) fail as early as 120,000 miles or can they be counted on to last a lot longer?

2) Was my first mechanic responsible for the engine failure, because he ran diesel through the new fuel pump and did not know about that other situation, where diesel can seep into the lube system?

3) The second mechanic said that diesel seeps into the lube system from the carburetor. Is this a high probability occurrence? How could this have happened if the fuel system had been cleaned of diesel by the first mechanic? Does it take a lot of diesel to ruin lube in the engine, or just a little?

4) How long does it take for an engine to fail after it gets some contaminant (like diesel) into the lube system? A day and a few miles? Or a week and 200 miles?

5) I do not believe in coincidences. So if the engine failed a couple hundred miles after flushing the fuel system, and the oil smelled like diesel, then the damn engine failed because of the diesel, and not because it was already on the point of failure. Is that the right conclusion?

6) Has anyone on [another forum] lived through this experience? How did it come out?

Thanks for any and all replies.
It's like watching reality TV. Dumbfounding.

The 4th 5-seater YJ in the world.
post #27670 of 27827 Old 01-21-2020, 07:43 PM
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, just wow.
post #27671 of 27827 Old 01-21-2020, 10:32 PM
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
snip
Now you know why it no longer says "California" under my name.

The 4th 5-seater YJ in the world.
post #27672 of 27827 Old 01-22-2020, 10:34 AM
mark1305
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
we hunt. we hunt huge. some of the best hunting in North America for sure.

We have no long gun registry.

They just want to take away the semi auto "fun guns" because of the sharp spike in gun related gang violence and shootings in the major metropolis'. You know, the guns that aren't purchased legally.

Ya, that's what it's packaged as. Take law-abiding citizens hobby guns away from them because of gun crime in the streets. lol. I'm not mistyping, you're reading this right. The scarier part of it is that there are actual yuppies out there who passively agree that this is a good idea and makes sense.

So my AR15 and other semi-auto's are potentially on the Liberal agenda's chopping block (will cost over 1 billion in taxation) for virtue signalling. Thing is, anyone with a 75 IQ should be able to say, "Hey, wait a minute. . . but the guns owned by law-abiding citizens haven't caused one crime. . . more over it's illegal hand guns being used. Not semi-auto rifles and carbines". Ya, no ****, because gangsters cant conceal the latter. So what IS the underlying agenda here then? Simply ignorant virtue signalling or other?

Ah man. i gotta get off this topic. It drives me insane. k, done.

EDIT: k, last touch. Want to really laugh? Trudeau and his Liberals have stated they refuse to pass hand gun bans. lol. *sigh* none of it makes any sense!
Your description of the situation reflects our situation down here (FL) very closely. Which some may argue. But there continues to be news of legislative initiatives which range from almost sensible to downright ludicrous. But every newscast seems to start with anywhere from 1 to 3 shootings over in the greater Orlando area. And so many guns recovered from "alleged" criminals (the news folks over use and mis use that word so often) are stolen from people too stupid to remove them from their cars and take them inside every night (including too many law enforcement officers) and/or too stupid to even lock their cars at night. Household security cameras constantly catch young hoodlums just walking through neighborhoods checking car door handles and hitting pay dirt all too often. I'm retired USCG and spent a good few years with a M1911 A strapped to my hip so I know a little bit about gun safety and management.
mysonsyj likes this.

89 YJ Parts Bin Special titled as 84 CJ7; parts ranging from 1984 -2000; 4.2L with AX-15. 2000 XJ Sport 2WD with a troublesome AW4.
post #27673 of 27827 Old 01-22-2020, 12:11 PM
bpounds
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Our problem in this country, is we have become a nation of cowards.

So many running around scared to death of being a victim of "gun violence".

First, there is no problem with gun violence. You are more likely to be killed by a thousand other things than being randomly shot. The odds are so low that it shouldn't even be on our minds as a remote possibility. Not even in Chicago or Detroit, unless you're involved in that lowlife lifestyle.

Government, and by extension the mass media, which today is the same thing, want you to be afraid. They love for you to be afraid. They want you to look to the government for protection, because frightened people will give up freedom for perceived safety. The more cowardly the populace, the more power the government wields. A thinking person should see this for what it is and reject it. It starts by growing the **** up and sprouting a pair of balls.

Bill
Jeepers drive high!
1988 Wrangler,4.2L I-6, Howell EFI JP-1,CRT HEI Ign,AX15 ext slave conversion, Zone 2" lift + 1" BL + 1/2" booms, BFG 31 x 10.5, Bestop.
post #27674 of 27827 Old 01-22-2020, 02:49 PM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
What exactly is “gun violence” anyway?

Do we have news stories of “knife violence” or “DUI violence” or “club violence” or “fist violence?”

No.
We have a stabbing (something that somebody did).
We have involuntary manslaughter (something that somebody did).
We have a beating (something that somebody did).
We have a fight (something that somebody did).

But if someone shoots somebody it’s “gun violence.”

Even we who are gun owners are swept into the current.

The media FEEDS “mass shootings” by promoting it through publicity.
Remember when there was (relatively) lots of postal workers shooting up a post office? That went away and publicity stopped. Going postal dropped off the map. Remember cyanide poisoning? The unabomber? Copycats?

A small percentage occurrence of tragic violence gets bigger and seems larger and more common every time it’s given publicity.

Other than the Las Vegas tragedy gun toters could have or would have stopped a violent person with ill intentions in many terrible events. So the powers that be react to a violent action and say they want to increase gun control (reduce law abiding citizens ease of personal carry) and baaa, baaa, baaa, baaa the sheep line up and trip over each other to cheer. And expect a two minute shooting event to be stopped by cops who can’t even get there in two minutes.

Defending yourself with lethal force is not any more immoral than law enforcement doing it for you. But if you can take care of yourself you just might save a whole bunch of lives.

I think a few more church shooters or club shooters or whatever need to get taken down like occurred quickly in the recent Texas tragedy. I’m not celebrating violence nor am I even celebrating the perpetrator’s death. It was an awful event. I am relieved and thankful that the shooter was stopped; we need more of that.

A few perpetrators die quick, the violence involving a gun dies down, the problem goes away just like the cyanide scares did. They can ban whatever they want but the problem won’t go away as long as they keep glamorizing it with news cycle publicity. Too many stupid people with IQs and an education but they can’t think for anything.
bpounds likes this.

Cranking IS turning over
post #27675 of 27827 Old 01-22-2020, 03:01 PM
daddyjeep87
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
We have a situation going on in my little town of 1500 people as we speak. Apparently some dumb *** stole an AK and is barricaded in a mobile home located in the trailer park that butts up to my back yard. I'm telling you, that trailer park is bad news. Two years an old guy was cleaning his .300 Savage and forgot it was loaded and shot a hole through 2 walls of my shop and the bullet ended up lodged in my neighbor's garage wall. I certainly don't blame the gun in either case.
bpounds likes this.

87 YJ, 5.7/TH350/NP241, Custom 4 link/ Radius Arms, ADS Nitrogen Shocks, 35" Cooper STT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Look for the YJ of The Month thread in the YJ Technical Forum. Vote for your favorite Jeeps.

YJOTM August 19

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in