10636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #26686 of 27829 Old 04-11-2019, 08:15 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjim View Post
It was more like 355 days of sun last year but this year it has only been about 20. Its all good however because the Grand Mesa is setting at about 160% of snowpack and we just got some more yesterday.
That's great except it's gonna be August till the high country trails will be accessible. Then they'll be open for 8 weeks.

Reminds me of the year with no summer in the early 90's.
Light snow showers all summer. Cool, cloudy. Smelled really good though.

shaggyjim likes this.

A Law repugnant to the Constitution is void. Marbury vs. Madison 1803 I'm talking to you, Virginia...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26687 of 27829 Old 04-11-2019, 08:29 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Brown Santa dropped off my bead roller today... YJ project just went up a notch.
Attached Thumbnails
20190411_193744.jpg  
bgredjeep, shaggyjim and Recon26 like this.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.
post #26688 of 27829 Old 04-11-2019, 09:00 PM
shaggyjim
NARF!

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post
That's great except it's gonna be August till the high country trails will be accessible. Then they'll be open for 8 weeks.

Reminds me of the year with no summer in the early 90's.
Light snow showers all summer. Cool, cloudy. Smelled really good though.
So true... I guess ill just be forced to spend my weekends in Moab or run out to play in the dunes with you and tophog. Oh woe is me....
Tophog1 and Chrisnvegas like this.

Jim...

......YJOTM June 18......

post #26689 of 27829 Old 04-11-2019, 11:15 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So true... I guess ill just be forced to spend my weekends in Moab or run out to play in the dunes with you and tophog. Oh woe is me....
We have to make a point of getting together.
I spent so much time on Eagle County trails.
My turf was pretty much from Brekenridge to Glenwood springs. Leadville to not quite Steamboat.
I guess the whole heart of the matter with me moving was I can live here still enjoy my favorite high country trails. Those trails are usually only available in August, and September. I can leave here in the morning and be at the trails that evening.
shaggyjim likes this.

A Law repugnant to the Constitution is void. Marbury vs. Madison 1803 I'm talking to you, Virginia...
post #26690 of 27829 Old 04-12-2019, 07:11 PM
shaggyjim
NARF!

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We have to make a point of getting together.
I spent so much time on Eagle County trails.
My turf was pretty much from Brekenridge to Glenwood springs. Leadville to not quite Steamboat.
I guess the whole heart of the matter with me moving was I can live here still enjoy my favorite high country trails. Those trails are usually only available in August, and September. I can leave here in the morning and be at the trails that evening.
I would love to. We just picked up a Lance 825 today for the pickup so at some point I would like to come and set up by your house bus and go play in the sand. I have never done real dunes before.
Chrisnvegas likes this.

Jim...

......YJOTM June 18......
post #26691 of 27829 Old 04-12-2019, 08:05 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I would love to. We just picked up a Lance 825 today for the pickup so at some point I would like to come and set up by your house bus and go play in the sand. I have never done real dunes before.
Cool!
I'm thinking about a truck camper too.
We have that giant behemoth 40' RV. It's nice but it's also a hassle. It's too big to fit into my favorite camp sites.
shaggyjim likes this.

post #26692 of 27829 Old 04-13-2019, 07:21 AM
bgredjeep

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Cool!
I'm thinking about a truck camper too.
I looked for a truck camper for a long time. Finding a smaller camper (short bed) in good shape on the east coast was a challenge and the few I did find were either way overpriced, or sold faster than I could get in touch to look at.

So now I have the enclosed, diy toy hauler.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26693 of 27829 Old 04-13-2019, 11:50 AM
Recon26

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
I looked for a truck camper for a long time. Finding a smaller camper (short bed) in good shape on the east coast was a challenge and the few I did find were either way overpriced, or sold faster than I could get in touch to look at.

So now I have the enclosed, diy toy hauler.
DIY toy hauler? Enlighten me, please.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
Oh...and if you love your rig, do not buy rough country, or skyjacker anything :)
post #26694 of 27829 Old 04-13-2019, 12:59 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon26 View Post
DIY toy hauler? Enlighten me, please.

We both have enclosed trailers. I use mine to haul Can Am's or my Jeep.
It has a beer fridge and toilet so technically it's set for camping purposes. Man's two needs are covered.
Attached Thumbnails
20190311_171642.jpg  

post #26695 of 27829 Old 04-13-2019, 01:10 PM
Recon26

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We both have enclosed trailers. I use mine to haul Can Am's or my Jeep.
It has a beer fridge and toilet so technically it's set for camping purposes. Man's two needs are covered.
I think I remember seeing yours, I'm thinking this maybe the way to go. Nice long enclosed trailer big enough to haul the jeep (or both?) and our crap with room to sleep/live in during inclement weather. We do like tent camping, but I'm needing a power solution for my cpap machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
Oh...and if you love your rig, do not buy rough country, or skyjacker anything :)
post #26696 of 27829 Old 04-13-2019, 01:20 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

And in other news, this is why Texas is a no-go for me. I'll quickly travel through on my way to other places.

This dude's cable went out, he looked under the house and saw a few snakes.
Big Country Snake Removal pulled 45 rattlesnakes from under his house. This was a couple weeks ago. Another house had 60 living underneath.

post #26697 of 27829 Old 04-13-2019, 06:33 PM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_2019-04-13-19-32-55_1555198416119.jpg  

AUDREY...95 YJ UNLIMITED LS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495
SOLD

BETTY...94, Stroker 4.6,35"s, SOLD

style intake
post #26698 of 27829 Old 04-13-2019, 08:20 PM
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
And in other news, this is why Texas is a no-go for me. I'll quickly travel through on my way to other places.

Big Country Snake Removal pulled 45 rattlesnakes from under his house. This was a couple weeks ago. Another house had 60 living underneath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxn8CFyc9SA
I'll take the rattlers over the Sidewinders you deal with in the desert. At least a rattlesnake won't chase you down.

That being said, I've got king snakes here, so I don't see any rattlesnakes.

I'm sitting here in a storm hoping a tornado doesn't pop out. Weather's been really weird all day.

The 4th 5-seater YJ in the world.
post #26699 of 27829 Old 04-13-2019, 09:41 PM
mark1305
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxn8CFyc9SA
That even got mentioned over here on the Space Coast on one of the Orlando TV stations.

Our snake news stories this year have had a few rattlers, but rainfall patterns earlier this year and the associated minor flooding put lots of water moccasins on the move around folks yards. And kept one of the better trappers working steady and featured on newscasts regularly.

Luckily this neighborhood pretty much has only black racers, rat snakes, corn snakes, and garter snakes. And it seems when the snake numbers dwindle occasionally we start to see more mice and even big Norway Rats that probably came from ships in Port Canaveral literally just across the river from here. So I'm happy to have my non venomous snakes.
post #26700 of 27829 Old 04-13-2019, 10:47 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
I'll take the rattlers over the Sidewinders you deal with in the desert. At least a rattlesnake won't chase you down.

That being said, I've got king snakes here, so I don't see any rattlesnakes.

I'm sitting here in a storm hoping a tornado doesn't pop out. Weather's been really weird all day.
Not sidewinders. I kick sand in their faces.
Maybe you're thinking of the Mojave Green. I never seen one but heard stories.
I guess they'll chase a person down if they piss it off.

Surprisingly there virtually no snakes in the desert besides red racers, king snakes and rat snakes. The only rattler I came across was a smallish western diamondback a couple hours north of here.

Texas. It ain't so much the snakes. I used to take road trips to visit friends near Dallas and Houston. This is a family website so those stories are better told around a campfire.
I will say I once missed a turn and ended up god knows where in-the-heart-of-Texas in the middle of the night. I pulled off the road for some Zzzz's and was woke up by a sheriff because I guess I didn't get my whole truck off the road. Kind of a long story but we ended up going fishing before the sun came up. Better than a DUI. Always travel with your fishing gear through Texas!
NHfireLJ likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in