LinkBack Thread Tools
post #26431 of 27474 Old 03-02-2019, 07:47 AM
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
my next mod

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ruck-Jeep.html

cKruzer likes this.

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26432 of 27474 Old 03-02-2019, 07:49 AM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Sure, why not...

AUDREY...95 YJ UNLIMITED LS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495
SOLD

BETTY...94, Stroker 4.6,35"s, SOLD

style intake
post #26433 of 27474 Old 03-02-2019, 10:19 AM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Joe's next truck / camper?
Attached Images

bruinjeeper and boduke5051 like this.

SOLD

style intake

post #26434 of 27474 Old 03-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
That means we're not fracking enough.
Drill baby, drill.

As soon as oil runs out/ loses value they'll be riding camels again.
Tophog1 likes this.

End the Ethanol Rip-Off
post #26435 of 27474 Old 03-02-2019, 04:29 PM
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
Aaaaaaaanyway...

And of you guys have any old socket 1156 pc hardware laying around you want to sell?

What are you looking for? I have home theater case with possibly a bad power supply. It does have full MB in it though. I have some hard drives, but you're not getting those without a subpoena.
boduke5051 likes this.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
post #26436 of 27474 Old 03-02-2019, 05:17 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

@Boojo35

I forgot, I do have a rattlesnake story.

We were at the dunes for Thanksgiving.
There were probably 20,000 people there and we had maybe 15 people in our group. We always spend holidays together and almost always camping at an off-road location.

We were sitting around the campfire in lawnchairs enjoying "beverages" and telling tall tales of our off-road prowess. I had some metal playing from my Jeep, not very loud. I had to piss off Heather who complains when I drive into camp at 3:00am with AC/DC pounding. ( I have a sub in my Jeep)
I heard a loud "hissing" sound. It sounded like an air compressor or propane leak. Everyone else heard it too. Finally my kid looked down and yelled "RATTLESNAKE" Lawn chairs went flying backward and people scattered all running in different directions. My wife & kids ran for the RV slamming the door behind them.
I ran to my Jeep for my flashlight & ran back to the fire area. I wanted it gone, this was our first night and didn't want to be terrorized by some damn snake slithering up to enjoy the heat from a fire that I built. I was wearing shorts and flip flops, my normal dress, as I looked for the critter. I grabbed the fire poker and found it about 15 feet from the fire slithering away. I gently pinned it's head against the ground and picked it up behind the head... pretty darn firmly too! This ain't no garter snake! I jumped on my kids KFX700 because it's an automatic and I only has one useful hand.
I rode about a mile away and tossed it into a wash.

Well, it was back the next time we went. Presidents day weekend. Obviously that is where it hangs out. I got rid of it again and we switched spots. We moved about 400 yards away.
We haven't seen any snakes since.
Attached Thumbnails
20181122_133647_HDR.jpg   20181123_123020.jpg  
boduke5051 likes this.

End the Ethanol Rip-Off
post #26437 of 27474 Old 03-02-2019, 06:23 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
@Chrisnvegas

I don't even like garter snakes. See some blue racers on my property from time to time. Those get pretty damn big. Michigan has one poisonous snake and I have only seen one in my lifetime. Anyways, you won me over about where you live with the mini bike story and then you have to come back with a snake story and undo all the progress you made. I was ready to buy a mini bike, some tape, and a flash light, bring a pocket full of money and come visit you to go cruise for weed and love. That story sounded like pure bliss. Geesh.
Chrisnvegas likes this.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.
post #26438 of 27474 Old 03-02-2019, 08:24 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

For the sake of education, those who have to cruise Craigslist for action, this is how the red light district here works.
I'll keep it clean.
On the south side of town are three things. Art Bell's house, some decent 4 wheeling where we hang out with our Jeeps, blow off fireworks and the two houses of ill-repute.

There's The Chicken Ranch and Sherry's Ranch. Then the road ends and begins a 4wd road that goes for miles. Parts of it turn into The Old Spanish Trail.

The Chicken Ranch.
You go in the front door and are greeted by a Madame dressed in old west clothes. She has you sit down in a "living room" decorated like and old west bordello, red velvet chairs and couches and all.
She has the "help" line up in front of you and you are now on-the-spot to make a choice.
AWKWARD is a word that comes to mind.

Then there's Sherry's ranch.
I go to the, er' I mean a FRIEND, goes to the Sports Bar. There's a bunch of people, TV's Pool tables ect.
Go sit at the bar. Order and tell the bar tender you may want some "company"
In about 4 or 5 minutes a "hostess" comes over and sits next to you and starts making small talk. You could buy her a drink if you want, or not. Doesn't matter. After 10 or 15 minutes she ask's if you wanna "see" her room. Either you do, or not. She doesn't pressure you. She says if you change your mind, let the bartender know.
And so on, and so on...
They will keep sending "company" until you make up your mind one way or another.
It was nice because at no point did I feel pressured, I mean, my friend didn't feel pressured.
And it's no where near as expensive as most people think.
A nice evening (an hour) can be had for about 125 bucks. You are allowed to tip more if you think it was worth it.
Sometimes there are well known "hostesses" from movies, magazines (if there are still magazines) or where-ever.
That can get expensive.

Sherry's seems a bit more "natural"
Like you met someone in a bar vs. picking from a sterile lineup.

The places are helpful when wheeling out there at night. The desert pretty much all looks the same at night. Those places really are at the beginning of miles of 4wd trails and they are really well lit outside. It helps find our way out of the desert at night.

Who said Jeepforum wasn't educational?
Mr.B, Boojo35 and Recon26 like this.

End the Ethanol Rip-Off
post #26439 of 27474 Old 03-02-2019, 09:02 PM
Tophog1
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post

I go to the, er' I mean a FRIEND, goes to the Sports Bar. There's a bunch of people, TV's Pool tables ect.
Also great food, a small gift shop, a separate hotel and full spa.

-

My wife was a bartender there for a couple years. She's got quite a few tales to tell.
Chrisnvegas likes this.

USN vet, 1976-80
Moderator, Nevada Shooters
1993 YJ, 4.0, auto
1990 YJ, 4.2, auto
post #26440 of 27474 Old 03-02-2019, 09:24 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
You can cruise Craigslist for action? Damn. Been married too damn long I guess. Out of the 'scene'. lol. I thought craigslist was exclusively for finding Jeep parts. WTH? Wow. I have to check this out. LOL.

@Chrisnvegas

Help a friend out..... If I show up out there. Does the brand of mini bike matter. Rupp, indian, honda? The type of tape? White hockey tape, black electrical tape, gorilla tape, duct tape? What type of shorts and flip flops fit in?

Just trying to help a "friend".

I would not want to show up..... er.... I mean my "friend" show up looking out of place.

Do flashlights need to be "d" cell or is LED welcome?

post #26441 of 27474 Old 03-02-2019, 09:25 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophog1 View Post
Also great food, a small gift shop, a separate hotel and full spa.

-

My wife was a bartender there for a couple years. She's got quite a few tales to tell.
And the lights really do help us find the right trail to the pavement.
When it stops raining, we're gonna have to go out there and have a fire.

End the Ethanol Rip-Off
post #26442 of 27474 Old 03-02-2019, 09:33 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boojo35 View Post
You can cruise Craigslist for action? Damn. Been married too damn long I guess. Out of the 'scene'. lol. I thought craigslist was exclusively for finding Jeep parts. WTH? Wow. I have to check this out. LOL.

@Chrisnvegas

Help a friend out..... If I show up out there. Does the brand of mini bike matter. Rupp, indian, honda? The type of tape? White hockey tape, black electrical tape, gorilla tape, duct tape? What type of shorts and flip flops fit in?

Just trying to help a "friend".

I would not want to show up..... er.... I mean my "friend" show up looking out of place.

Do flashlights need to be "d" cell or is LED welcome?
If it's an old Rupp, many of those have lights.
These are collector bikes now
Attached Images

End the Ethanol Rip-Off
post #26443 of 27474 Old 03-02-2019, 09:49 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post
If it's an old Rupp, many of those have lights.
These are collector bikes now
Damn. Road a lot of those as a kid. Never owned one. Daddy was anti Motor cycle/mini bike kinda guy. Still had friends with cooler (or should I say... less informed and opinionated dads though)
Chrisnvegas likes this.

post #26444 of 27474 Old 03-03-2019, 04:23 PM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Available, (1) Pin up girl T shirt, Size Large... PM ME...

SOLD

style intake
post #26445 of 27474 Old 03-04-2019, 10:51 AM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

1986 MJ Comanche 

Brought another Wrangler project home.

new-jeep.jpg

Wife wanted to go buy a new one for the much anticipated grandson, but I would have none of that. New battery, some Yellow and Black paint, and we should have a near-mirror image of Alice for the little man.
Mr.B, NHfireLJ, DirtKar and 5 others like this.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" SOLD

Luck Favours The Prepared

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in