post #19936 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 12:04 AM
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKruzer View Post
Note to self. Never move to CA
Thank you.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19937 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 01:18 AM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

No other state comes close to the weather and diverse terrain that California has.
California has the highest peak in the lower 48 (Mount Whitney)
and the lowest elevation in the western hemisphere. (Badwater Basin)

While most people are paying to wheel at their local 100 acre 4 wheel park, (blasphemy)
Californians are exploring thousand of miles of [free] trails and camping under Giant Sequoia trees.

I really feel bad for you Californians.
timatoe likes this.

A Law repugnant to the Constitution is void. Marbury vs. Madison 1803 I'm talking to you, Virginia...
post #19938 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 06:09 AM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas
While most people are paying to wheel at their local 100 acre 4 wheel park.
These have absolutely no appeal to me. Why are they marketable?
At least here in Vermont nearby me the three most appealing places to wheel are now closed: illegal.
One place, Eagles Ledge, has stories I've heard of jeeping and camping going back to the 40s. Now illegal except for snowmobiles, and the class 4 that accessed it from the east side is now got a gate and a fenced horse pasture on it.
Oh, that's right- you can still ride horses, too.

[size=“3”]Shackles & D-rings are different things.
Cranking IS turning over

post #19939 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 07:07 AM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishadventure View Post
These have absolutely no appeal to me. Why are they marketable?
At least here in Vermont nearby me the three most appealing places to wheel are now closed: illegal.
One place, Eagles Ledge, has stories I've heard of jeeping and camping going back to the 40s. Now illegal except for snowmobiles, and the class 4 that accessed it from the east side is now got a gate and a fenced horse pasture on it.
Oh, that's right- you can still ride horses, too.
Why are they illegal?

A Law repugnant to the Constitution is void. Marbury vs. Madison 1803 I'm talking to you, Virginia...
post #19940 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 08:57 AM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas
Why are they illegal?
State laws against wheeled vehicles on what has become Vermont Association of Snow Travelers protected trails, out-of-state private property owners objectionable to traditional rural uses when they buy here (it's all MINE!), many areas are private property but traditional free access views are transitioning to No Trespassing signs especially as Montrealers and other city folks buy land, laws against wheeled vehicles on State and National Forest land, perception changes due to huge rise in irresponsible, noisy, and rough use by ATVs, big, remote-ish parcels that get subdivided and people build vacation homes and camps and don't want their "peace" interrupted by what they don't like and find offensive but their weedwhackers, lawn mowers, stereos, and generators that offend me apparently are ok...

Oh, did you have a question?
Chrisnvegas likes this.

Cranking IS turning over
post #19941 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 11:07 AM
cKruzer

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
YJ Chat and non tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
There are days when I agree with you.

But not because of vehicle codes. We've obviously got the worst emissions regulations. But for example, check your own state of NC on that same site I linked to. Did you know you're limited to a headlight elevation of 42" or less? A full foot less than CA. I'll bet the average cop is pretty lax about it though. And for the most part, except for obviously extreme stuff, CHP is pretty lax too.

Oh, and we don't have safety inspections like NC does. We don't have rusty floorboards here, but if I did, the state doesn't care.

That's why my jeep is registered in Ga!

1987 YJ - Aka; SpeedBump.
Target: 5.3L; 4L60; Atlas; D44/D60; 4.88s; 36s

הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17
post #19942 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 11:07 AM
cKruzer

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
YJ Chat and non tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
Thank you.

Agreement or Appreciation? I see you live in CA. So you must mean the latter.

הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17
post #19943 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 11:47 AM
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKruzer View Post
Agreement or Appreciation? I see you live in CA. So you must mean the latter.

Yes

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
post #19944 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 12:29 PM
csmit328

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I really see the appeal of living in California. Other than the imbecile politicians (which are everywhere) it seems like a place to carve out a nice piece of land settle down. I owe a buddy in San Fran a visit maybe I can convince the wife to swing by and see some of y'all too. I doubt she will want to go in the YJ though.
post #19945 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 12:51 PM
cKruzer

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
Yes

You are too kind.

הָיָה הָיָה הָיָה

YJOTM AUG '17
post #19946 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 12:57 PM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmit328
...can convince the wife to swing by and see some of y'all too. I doubt she will want to go in the YJ though.
We are sorry for you, but either way we can't help you with your past spousal choices. :-0

Cranking IS turning over
post #19947 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 01:04 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmit328 View Post
I really see the appeal of living in California. Other than the imbecile politicians (which are everywhere) it seems like a place to carve out a nice piece of land settle down. I owe a buddy in San Fran a visit maybe I can convince the wife to swing by and see some of y'all too. I doubt she will want to go in the YJ though.

post #19948 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 01:26 PM
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I will say, a few people in the offroad community really ruin it for everyone...

Just go watch some of the youtube videos of the hummer off road clubs trespassing around ohio farm land and tearing it to shreds... (if the videos haven't been taken down due to all of the lawsuits).
post #19949 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 01:31 PM
csmit328

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishadventure
We are sorry for you, but either way we can't help you with your past vehicular choices. :-0
FIFY. Cant tow much with a Mustang. Had to rob from the YJ fund I robbed from the Buy Smitty a House fund to buy an alternator yesterday for the Mustang. No bueno. As far as my wife goes marrying her has been the single best decision I have ever made. The last 2 years especially she has been my feet when I could not stand for myself and my voice when I could not speak. I would be lost without her. Even though we disagree on the Jeep she would not let me sell it and shipped it to my dads house in Florida from Hawaii. Sometimes she is the voice of reason and its better off to listen to her anyways. Besides, sometimes its nice to be a passenger anyways
shaggyjim and cKruzer like this.
post #19950 of 27831 Old 09-25-2016, 02:05 PM
89YJBuilder
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
The wife just read me a seriously screwed up post of FaceBook.

"The fatter you are, the harder it is to kidnap you. So be safe, eat more cake." WTF

Keep your boogger hook off the bang button!
When all else fails... ham radio is there!
KG6YSF

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in