post #19666 of 27456 Old 09-11-2016, 10:00 PM
shaggyjim
Joy can be found anywhere

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post
Alaska?
I'll pass.

It's like the worlds biggest sausage party.
Too many dudes...
Ya not a good place to get a date.....

Chrisnvegas likes this.

Jim...

"That's more fun than watching a hippie get mauled by a bear!"
......YJOTM June 18......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19667 of 27456 Old 09-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjim View Post
Ya not a good place to get a date.....
You have the best of everything right there in Junction.
The Flat Tops, Moab and the best peaches within several light years in any direction.

End the Ethanol Rip-Off
post #19668 of 27456 Old 09-11-2016, 10:32 PM
shaggyjim

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post
You have the best of everything right there in Junction.
The Flat Tops, Moab and the best peaches within several light years in any direction.
And a low grade sunburn all summer long no matter how my sunscreen I put on my Irish ***.. Your right about everything around the valley but you forgot about the kick butt vineyards and free wine tastings!
Chrisnvegas likes this.

Jim...

post #19669 of 27456 Old 09-12-2016, 09:50 AM
bpounds
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Been thinking of Grand Junction as a retirement location. Tell me more. Are the summer temps bad?

Also been looking at Craig CO. Or Rifle. A little more elevation and cooler maybe.

Bill
Jeepers drive high!
1988 Wrangler,4.2L I-6, Howell EFI JP-1,CRT HEI Ign,AX15 ext slave conversion, Zone 2.5" lift + 1/2" booms, BFG 31 x 10.5, Bestop.
post #19670 of 27456 Old 09-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Randonexplosion

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
Been thinking of Grand Junction as a retirement location. Tell me more. Are the summer temps bad?

Also been looking at Craig CO. Or Rifle. A little more elevation and cooler maybe.
100+ in the summer is pretty regular I think. Pretty cold winters too, but 2 hours from Moab...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19671 of 27456 Old 09-12-2016, 07:55 PM
shaggyjim

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post

They aren't to bad. It was kind of hot this year even getting up to 107 once. Most if the time its a summer of high 90's to low 100's. The nights cool down quite a bit and that makes it better. You can take off to the Grand Mesa when its 105 in the valley and it will be 70 on top so that's nice if you like to camp. I think the fishing sucks but everyone else thinks its great. I cant stand the taste of trout, and the water is kind of cold for anything else, the catfish don't get that big but the walleye are pretty good. The hunting is getting harder with a tag draw that makes it hit or miss. Its a nice place to live that's not to big and not to small with lots of smaller towns around to explore. I'm not a fan of Rifle when I have to go work up there and Craig/Meeker suck making me want to drive past as fast as the law allows so that I don't get the urine smell on me. Delta, Montrose, and Olathe are kinda cool farming towns but if I had my choice I think Gunnison would be a great place to retire if you could be a snow bird. Other then that its not to bad in the winter if a inversion doesn't set in. If it does then it can get below 0 for a bit but its not a big deal. Actually its about the same as Moab's terrain with less trails to play on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
100+ in the summer is pretty regular I think. Pretty cold winters too, but 2 hours from Moab...

Yep Moab is close and we have some nice trails around here too. We have a Powder horn ski resort about 45 minutes away with not much for lines or traffic. The Grand Mesa for cool camping with lots of trees and alpine meadows and the Uncompahgre National Forest is great as well! Actually it a great place to live.

I haven't got on the Billings Canyon trail because I don't think im setup for it at all but you can find this kind of trail around the area.
I love Lew's YJ!
grandboost98 likes this.

Jim...

post #19672 of 27456 Old 09-12-2016, 09:13 PM
Michaelgoesrawr

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Does anyone actually buy photographs anymore? And hang them in their house or whatever?
post #19673 of 27456 Old 09-12-2016, 09:24 PM
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr View Post
Does anyone actually buy photographs anymore? And hang them in their house or whatever?
Yea people still hang pictures and art.
post #19674 of 27456 Old 09-12-2016, 09:28 PM
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance

1993 YJ Wrangler 

My wife takes a picture almost every evening of the sunsets on our property, dead West facing. At some point her plan is to produce actual photos for an album. So, Michael, I think yes may be the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
post #19675 of 27456 Old 09-12-2016, 10:18 PM
csmit328

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar
My wife takes a picture almost every evening of the sunsets on our property, dead West facing. At some point her plan is to produce actual photos for an album. So, Michael, I think yes may be the answer.
I make my own art for my house. I havent bought anything except the frames and the big mirror. Im not sure how I would make a mirror.
post #19676 of 27456 Old 09-12-2016, 10:29 PM
Michaelgoesrawr

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar View Post
I'm sure someone would buy a book of sunsets of "insert location here". She's onto something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Quote:
Yea people still hang pictures and art.
I know the stores are littered with stuff. I was at an art walk in Bend and there were photographers(digital artists) selling stuff for way more than I'd expect anyone to pay for it. Like $500 for poster size. Where do I find the people who buy that? Hahaha.
post #19677 of 27456 Old 09-12-2016, 10:30 PM
Michaelgoesrawr

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmit328 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar
I make my own art for my house. I havent bought anything except the frames and the big mirror. Im not sure how I would make a mirror.
Very, very carefully.
post #19678 of 27456 Old 09-12-2016, 11:00 PM
csmit328

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr
Very, very carefully.
Thats what Ive been doing wrong. I only know how to use hammers.
post #19679 of 27456 Old 09-13-2016, 01:28 AM
Michaelgoesrawr

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Take a minute to sign this guys, if you do that sort of thing.

https://m.secure.humanesociety.org/s...=fb_post091216
Chrisnvegas likes this.
post #19680 of 27456 Old 09-13-2016, 02:23 AM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Take a minute to sign this guys, if you do that sort of thing.

https://m.secure.humanesociety.org/s...=fb_post091216
Done.

These horses and mules have been roaming around living their lives since the 1800's without any problem or intervention.

End the Ethanol Rip-Off

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in