YJ Chat and non tech - Page 1005 - JeepForum.com
 10163Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15061 of 27191 Old 07-30-2015, 05:13 PM
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Rockworm might. He was having issues earlier in the year. He's in the Fresno area.

White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15062 of 27191 Old 07-30-2015, 05:29 PM
cwein23
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So I ordered the Delphi one and although it came, it didn't fit..
I took it back and grabbed a Airtex one, and I'm going to get a nicer one later.

However, I hooked up the Airtex one and it still won't prime! I switched around relays and nothing worked..
I know this is the non tech but didn't want to make a redundant fuel pump thread.. anyone know what it might be? The gauge was working so I don't think it was the ground.
post #15063 of 27191 Old 07-30-2015, 05:54 PM
ZR90YJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwein23
So I ordered the Delphi one and although it came, it didn't fit.. I took it back and grabbed a Airtex one, and I'm going to get a nicer one later. However, I hooked up the Airtex one and it still won't prime! I switched around relays and nothing worked.. I know this is the non tech but didn't want to make a redundant fuel pump thread.. anyone know what it might be? The gauge was working so I don't think it was the ground.
have you checked your wires for ground issues?

post #15064 of 27191 Old 07-30-2015, 06:01 PM
cwein23
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR90YJ View Post
have you checked your wires for ground issues?
The ground for my pump isn't by the e brake like most people say it is, and I couldn't find it. But I was told the pump and gauge share the ground, and the gauge is working alright
post #15065 of 27191 Old 07-30-2015, 07:11 PM
hardrockminer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
so just curious what folks run for navigation? hand held tiny gps or something better?
post #15066 of 27191 Old 07-31-2015, 01:31 AM
Awesome

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrockminer View Post
so just curious what folks run for navigation? hand held tiny gps or something better?
When I'm off-road, this: http://www.asiteaboutnothing.net/g_60csx.html

Hands down, the best offroading Topo GPS there is. It's old and slow, but it's as good (in some ways better) as having a stack of detailed paper maps.

It's not as good on road, as the maps aren't as up-to-date as the modern touchscreen GPSs are. It still gets me to any trail I want to go to, then keeps me from getting lost on back-road forest trails that aren't marked and wind in and out of everywhere while branching off to nowhere.

---------------------------

I was goofing off in class today, since I have completed all my projects. I decided to weld an open-groove vertical plate with a 6010 root and hot pass, then 7018 fill and cover. I have never done a "flower petal" cover pass before, so that was fun. I was told not to do it again.
Anyway, since I welded it up and my teacher didn't want me to turn it in because I didn't use stringer beads for the covers, I decided to test my welds.

You can see my restart in the middle of the cover pass there. That was messy.
Also, my third-ever six-pass T-fillet MIG weld:

The 4th 5-seater YJ in the world.
post #15067 of 27191 Old 07-31-2015, 03:36 AM
Unsteady

1994 YJ Wrangler 

^^^Wish I could weld like that^^^

I know this is a stretch, but in my light-resto I'm doing on my new 94 YJ, I've hit my first "I can't find this by searching" snag.

I know the answer, but I'm going to ask anyway because that's what forums are for, right? Keep asking until you get the answer you want?

Is there anywhere other than fleabay or Craigslist to buy the OE side steps? I like 'em...But I only have the driver's side. The passenger side is missing and the Jeep is all goobered up along the rocker.

I'm speaking of this step...the entire piece (including the bracket/support stuff underneat) between the flares:

post #15068 of 27191 Old 07-31-2015, 05:40 AM
calvynandhobbs

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsteady View Post

Is there anywhere other than fleabay or Craigslist to buy the OE side steps? I like 'em...But I only have the driver's side. The passenger side is missing and the Jeep is all goobered up along the rocker.
Best chance for that is post up in the wanted section of as many Jeep boards as you can. Somebody has them stashed in a corner from upgrading to rocksliders of some sort. I've got a 94 the same color as yours and had partials on both sides where the brackets had rusted through and then when somebody stepped on them it broke the plastic step piece out.

94 YJ - work in progress
post #15069 of 27191 Old 07-31-2015, 05:53 AM
Unsteady

1994 YJ Wrangler 

That's what I'm doing. That's also what I'm doing for the rear seat brackets. Because the $100 those things go for on eBay is insane.
post #15070 of 27191 Old 07-31-2015, 06:20 AM
calvynandhobbs

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's what I'm doing. That's also what I'm doing for the rear seat brackets. Because the $100 those things go for on eBay is insane.
What pieces do you need for the rear seat? I've got a fold and tumble rear seat from my 94 that is not going back in the Jeep. I put the rear seat out in the yard when I'm working and my dog prefers to lay on that rather than the ground so it is his now. LOL

94 YJ - work in progress
post #15071 of 27191 Old 07-31-2015, 09:54 AM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I know this is a stretch, but in my light-resto I'm doing on my new 94 YJ, I've hit my first "I can't find this by searching" snag.

I know the answer, but I'm going to ask anyway because that's what forums are for, right? Keep asking until you get the answer you want?

I'm speaking of this step...the entire piece (including the bracket/support stuff underneat) between the flares:

I found this YJ "roller" on CL look closely at the side steps - http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/5134368787.html

Email him and ask? Look at Part outs and see if you can find a set.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost"

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #15072 of 27191 Old 07-31-2015, 10:08 AM
Unsteady

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvynandhobbs View Post
What pieces do you need for the rear seat? I've got a fold and tumble rear seat from my 94 that is not going back in the Jeep. I put the rear seat out in the yard when I'm working and my dog prefers to lay on that rather than the ground so it is his now. LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...psbf0c46f0.jpg
lol, that's pretty awesome!

I need all of this (I can source the bolts if I need to, but the brackets are proving problematic to track down) and doesn't the seat have a couple of little screw in feet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
I found this YJ "roller" on CL look closely at the side steps - http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/5134368787.html

Email him and ask? Look at Part outs and see if you can find a set.
Good eye. I've been watching the local stuff. I'm sure those will pop up soon. There are a couple on eBay in a range I'd be willing to pay, if they were a little nicer. I'll shoot that guy a note. Thanks.

There's a local guy here with a green Sahara rear seat for sale...But he won't answer emails or calls. ******waffle. I have a rear seat...But not the green one to match my fronts. Doesn't he know how important this is?!?!
post #15073 of 27191 Old 07-31-2015, 10:54 AM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
lol, that's pretty awesome!

I need all of this (I can source the bolts if I need to, but the brackets are proving problematic to track down) and doesn't the seat have a couple of little screw in feet?

Good eye. I've been watching the local stuff. I'm sure those will pop up soon. There are a couple on eBay in a range I'd be willing to pay, if they were a little nicer. I'll shoot that guy a note. Thanks.

There's a local guy here with a green Sahara rear seat for sale...But he won't answer emails or calls. ******waffle. I have a rear seat...But not the green one to match my fronts. Doesn't he know how important this is?!?!
I can probably get these for you . The guy with the YJ roller says the plastic is cracked and he wants $100 for them. I'll look and see if he has the rear seat hardware and try to wing a 2 for 1 outta him. I'd have to go remove them, and I'm notorious for slacking on the shipping department.. LOL.. let me know.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost"

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #15074 of 27191 Old 07-31-2015, 11:18 AM
AZdEvilYJ
Keyboard Cowboy

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I everytime I see the progression of your jeep! Man that thing is sexy

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '19 YJ of the Month!

My Build Thread

Do your best and caulk the rest
-Albert Einstein
post #15075 of 27191 Old 07-31-2015, 02:22 PM
ZR90YJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwein23
The ground for my pump isn't by the e brake like most people say it is, and I couldn't find it. But I was told the pump and gauge share the ground, and the gauge is working alright
check the ground on the connector for the pump and have someone crank it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in