JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   YJ Chat and non tech (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/yj-chat-non-tech-1390394/)

Michaelgoesrawr 02-24-2013 02:31 PM

813 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos14

Your Craigslist is ALOT better than mine:(

It's all the Jeepers turning into tree hugging hippies and selling all of their stuff.

squishy 02-24-2013 02:35 PM

speaking of selling....and C-list, and shackles check these custom "stops" out lol

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3620012999.html

pretty sweet eh?

Carlos14 02-24-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr (Post 15027936)
It's all the Jeepers turning into tree hugging hippies and selling all of their stuff.

The future of Canaman

dillonjm 02-24-2013 02:45 PM

Hello from Kansas, stopped at the family farm enroute to MO.

Somewhat eventful trip, chumps who put on my new truck tires didn't torque them down properly and I neglected to double check them. Long story short, I caught it before I lost all my lugs on the driver rear tire (sheared off 5 of the 8). Luckily I only ruined the wheel and the sheared studs...could have been a lot worse.

squishy 02-24-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dillonjm

Somewhat eventful trip, chumps who put on my new truck tires didn't torque them down properly and I neglected to double check them. Long story short, I caught it before I lost all my lugs on the driver rear tire (sheared off 5 of the 8). Luckily I only ruined the wheel and the sheared studs...could have been a lot worse.

Dang !! Close one. Had a tire come off my bronco one time. Scary it was a steal tire too. Luckily I was only goin 20 mph

Anticanman 02-24-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos14 (Post 15027963)
The future of Canman

My jeep is moving forward, thank you.

dillonjm 02-24-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squishy (Post 15028072)
Dang !! Close one. Had a tire come off my bronco one time. Scary it was a steal tire too. Luckily I was only goin 20 mph

Yeah it was. We were going 75 grossed out @26,500lbs. Would have ended badly

Carlos14 02-24-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anticanman (Post 15028110)
My jeep is moving forward, thank you.

Ahh yes, but with that you'll have some nice bds rear springs on CL.

Anticanman 02-24-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos14 (Post 15028186)
Ahh yes, but with that you'll have some nice bds rear springs on CL.

Nope. BDS are going to the front and the rubicon express springs are already spoken for. Everything gets recycled in our club

pete1991YJ 02-24-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dillonjm (Post 15028001)

I woulda started googling for a lawyer at that point... sometimes thats what it takes to make idiots learn.

dillonjm 02-24-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete1991YJ (Post 15029665)
I woulda started googling for a lawyer at that point... sometimes thats what it takes to make idiots learn.

We thought about that but decided a simple phone call tomorrow to let them know what happened should be effective enough. Not looking for compensation, would just like them to make sure the kid who worked on it is more careful in the future.

Ripper3494 02-24-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dillonjm (Post 15030565)

We thought about that but decided a simple phone call tomorrow to let them know what happened should be effective enough. Not looking for compensation, would just like them to make sure the kid who worked on it is more careful in the future.

Wow, your a lot nicer than I would have been. They'd be replacing my spindle, studs, rim and giving me a refund for the original labor.

Probably sent from under my broken heep

dillonjm 02-24-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripper3494 (Post 15030605)
Wow, your a lot nicer than I would have been. They'd be replacing my spindle, studs, rim and giving me a refund for the original labor.

Probably sent from under my broken heep

I'm just looking at what I want the end result to be. The studs and wheel are small change compared to the car load of kids that someday could lose a wheel. I think the owner will be more apt to directly address the issue if I'm not rolling in trying to get money, justified or not.
:thumbsup:

Michaelgoesrawr 02-25-2013 12:02 AM

813 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dillonjm

I'm just looking at what I want the end result to be. The studs and wheel are small change compared to the car load of kids that someday could lose a wheel. I think the owner will be more apt to directly address the issue if I'm not rolling in trying to get money, justified or not.
:thumbsup:

Agreed. When people go for money business owners are more mad at that most times. Causing them to sweep the problems under the rug or just to fire the person, who doesn't learn. I'm surprised it happened though. My best bud works for a major tire dealer and the training he went through was very meticulous and carefully watched. A "wheel off" is a massive ordeal and it ends up being very costly for the company.

squishy 02-25-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michaelgoesrawr

Agreed. When people go for money business owners are more mad at that most times. Causing them to sweep the problems under the rug or just to fire the person, who doesn't learn. I'm surprised it happened though. My best bud works for a major tire dealer and the training he went through was very meticulous and carefully watched. A "wheel off" is a massive ordeal and it ends up being very costly for the company.

It happens more than you'd want to think though. I work at a peterbilt dealer and some of the techs are the just about the laziest people. Where the term cuttin corners is their middle name....
I've had a few come up and say "why are you wasting time torqueing the wheels? Just hit em with the gun till it stops spinning!" I laugh and keep on torqueing. It shouldn't be tolerated but lucky for the public any kind of "taking wheels off" is "below their pay grade" if you ask them.

The time now is 12:09 PM.