JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   YJ Chat and non tech (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/yj-chat-non-tech-1390394/)

Joe Dillard 03-29-2020 08:22 AM

Nice, ahh, I mean bad story there @Chrisnvegas . :eek: That's some serious weather to deal with on a craft like yours. Glad to hear you and your family made it back without being involved in a mishap/collision/or worse.

I don't call myself a sailor either, even though I spent 26+ years aboard US Navy warships (mostly cruisers and destroyers + ~7 aircraft carriers and a submarine here & there). Besides my regular sea rotations, I worked as a trainer for 12 years averaging 26-36 warships a year worldwide wherever the Navy wanted to send me to train & certify the crews. I "retired" ~16 years ago. I still go aboard US warships & submarines today albeit in a different capacity.

I have just a few sea stories myself ;) but don't wanna litter up the thread too much. :laugh:

NHfireLJ 03-30-2020 03:05 PM

While on a 900 foot OBO (oil, bulk, ore) ship, We hit a large wave doing a winter north atlantic crossing (some of the worst weather ever... ended up w a 47* roll. Luckily we were empty. Most ships don't come back from 47*... Cargo shifts and holds ship in that position or tips it over.

I was the navigator and set a course from Rotterdam south to Azores and across to Bermuda up to Norfolk... Longer than running straight across but safe... Spanish Captain (US company w foreign flag ship) said, No he wanted straight across. Took us two days longer going his way because of the weather...

NHfireLJ 03-30-2020 03:06 PM

T SHIRTS.... I have the following f12 grey t shirts available $10 each for shipping cost...

XL 2
XXL 3

PM me. first come first serve

mark1305 03-30-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHfireLJ (Post 40917627)
While on a 900 foot OBO (oil, bulk, ore) ship, We hit a large wave doing a winter north atlantic crossing (some of the worst weather ever... ended up w a 47* roll. Luckily we were empty. Most ships don't come back from 47*... Cargo shifts and holds ship in that position or tips it over.

I was the navigator and set a course from Rotterdam south to Azores and across to Bermuda up to Norfolk... Longer than running straight across but safe... Spanish Captain (US company w foreign flag ship) said, No he wanted straight across. Took us two days longer going his way because of the weather...

Sea stories: My first permanent ship assignment after two years as a BM2 running boats at the world's busiest SAR station (Base Miami Beach) and then as a junior officer on Cutter Courageous saw some interesting conditions. Over in New Providence Channel in the Bahamas nice calm sunny day with five waterspouts from one shelf cloud. I have a great picture, but not on the computer and can't upload right now, of the Courageous slamming the bow into a big wave during a hurricane evasion. Water shooting up through the anchor hawse pipes and everything else over the bow.

Back then all sea stories between Coasties started with "Now this ain't no ****".

Awesome 03-30-2020 04:23 PM

I saw the ocean once.

Shaggy, I know it isn't a Texas Star, but it'll hold me over until then.
I ran out of white paint.
https://i.ibb.co/5RDpPDS/IMG-20200330-180645-small.jpg
store my pictures online

NHfireLJ 04-01-2020 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NHfireLJ (Post 40917629)
T SHIRTS.... I have the following f12 grey t shirts available $10 each for shipping cost...

XL 2
XXL 3

PM me. first come first serve

BUMP

fishadventure 04-01-2020 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My friend has a tackle shop and gun store.
The toilet paper hoarders basically sold him clean a couple weeks back.
So he said he decided to be closed for now since he doesn’t have what everybody was wanting anymore anyways.

shaggyjim 04-01-2020 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awesome (Post 40917705)
I saw the ocean once.

Shaggy, I know it isn't a Texas Star, but it'll hold me over until then.
I ran out of white paint.
http://i.ibb.co/5RDpPDS/IMG-20200330-180645-small.jpg
store my pictures online

Mmmmmm.... I love the sound of gongs in the morning.

I need to fix mine. My father-in-law killed mine with his 9mm...

shaggyjim 04-01-2020 07:32 PM

I love girls who love Marine boys....

Luuca 04-02-2020 11:27 AM

If anyone wants or needs an /f12 sticker in black or white, I found a bunch while packing up for our move. Absolutely free!

Send a self addressed, stamped envelope to:

Tim Hunt
22641 Old Canal Rd.
Yorba Linda CA 92887

This is my business address, so keep it civil on the envelopes. I will be mailing them in the envelope you provide, so make sure you have enough postage on it.

WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.

Attachment 3896543

STILL PLENTY LEFT...

Awesome 04-02-2020 11:46 AM

Did you get my envelopes yet?

Luuca 04-02-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awesome (Post 40920141)
Did you get my envelopes yet?

I have returned 3 envelopes last week.

Awesome 04-02-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luuca (Post 40920227)
I have returned 3 envelopes last week.

https://i.ibb.co/88j2HqW/IMG-20200402-180600-small.jpg

Got it today, thanks Luuca!

Now I gotta figure out where I'm going to put a black sticker.

Luuca 04-02-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awesome (Post 40920403)
https://i.ibb.co/88j2HqW/IMG-20200402-180600-small.jpg

Got it today, thanks Luuca!

Now I gotta figure out where I'm going to put a black sticker.

Did you need a white one? I'm sorry I did send out 2 white ones, did I screw that up?

Awesome 04-02-2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luuca (Post 40920405)
Did you need a white one? I'm sorry I did send out 2 white ones, did I screw that up?

Yeah I wrote it on the back of the envelope. I usually put my stickers on my bumper. I'll figure out something to do with it. :thumbsup:


The time now is 12:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.