YJ is acting weird plus weird codes - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-16-2015, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
DesertLight
2001 TJ Wrangler 

YJ is acting weird plus weird codes

Guys I really need your help. My YJ seems to be throwing me weird codes. I keep getting odd numbers or numbers that shouldn't exist. Like a 75 this time and last time a 76. Is my PCM toast? I got a youtube link to my video. I'm really at a loss here, I filmed it because I was frying in the sun inside the jeep. Please someone verify I'm not losing my d**n mind.

Some background, it doesnt have a/c and recently sat for a year until I fixed her up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXQqiM5VJuc

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-17-2015, 06:58 AM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Its and XJ controller. Those codes are normal for an XJ controller in a YJ. You need to be more descriptive in your post and try and provide info for the YJ.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-17-2015, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
DesertLight
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
Its and XJ controller. Those codes are normal for an XJ controller in a YJ. You need to be more descriptive in your post and try and provide info for the YJ.
It's in my jeep history. However these posts are rushed because I've been driving. All I'm looking for here is some help and/or explanation with wth is going on with my YJ. The battery and a/c circuit code, is fine. But idk about the 62 or even what I should do about that one. Then there are my mystery codes like a 75.. Also my cooling fan circuit (35).

post #4 of 9 Old 08-17-2015, 11:15 AM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I didn't see a 62 in your video. I saw a 35 and 76.

Fault codes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mean Max pics of everything:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How to use Google to search the forum:

No Start:
post #5 of 9 Old 08-17-2015, 11:18 AM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Those are xj codes. What's wrong work the way it's driving ?

Fault codes:

No Start:
post #6 of 9 Old 08-17-2015, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
DesertLight
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Those are xj codes. What's wrong work the way it's driving ?
When driving it around, it feels funny. Like the engine is working entirely too hard when approaching 2k rpms. I would hesitate to take it beyond 2k, because it only seems to get worse, i.e. excessive jitter, shaking, and sound.

When I drive around in my XJ 2k rpms seems to just be dandy, not real loud and not a lot of jitters when accelerating. The YJ has new-ish engine mounts in it and are tight and steady. I'm trying to figure out why exactly it seems to be so loud and has a hard time at 2k rpms. Not to mention it sometimes shutters when slowing quickly.

Anyways this leads me to keeping it at or below 1800 rpms

(Both have I6s, XJ has an AW-4 and YJ has an AX-15)
post #7 of 9 Old 08-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Check you air intake temp sensor.

Fault codes:

No Start:
post #8 of 9 Old 08-18-2015, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
DesertLight
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Check you air intake temp sensor.
Thanks Que, I will check it out and probably swap it next time I'm there with it.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-18-2015, 01:26 PM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I would check it with a meter. I don't like throwing parts at problems.

Tags
code , codes , engine , pcm , wiring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in