What did you do to your YJ today? - Page 3801 - JeepForum.com
 8736Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #57001 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Sparrows

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm starting to really dislike RuffStuff. Almost everything I get from them is either totally not right, or has to be modified.

I will not be ordering from them again unless I absolutelyhave to. Crap part is there really isn't one good alternative...

/rant

Cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

June '13 YJOTM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #57002 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Randonexplosion

1988 YJ Wrangler 

What now?

post #57003 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 05:45 PM
tecksjeep

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
I'm starting to really dislike RuffStuff. Almost everything I get from them is either totally not right, or has to be modified.

I will not be ordering from them again unless I absolutelyhave to. Crap part is there really isn't one good alternative...

/rant

Cheers
What happened man?

5.7 Vortec, D60 front w/ detroit,14 bolt rear w/spool. 16" FOA Coilovers in rear ORI struts in front, Barnes Enduro Joints, Daves custom boat sides/rear armor.

Check out my build here!

post #57004 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 06:05 PM
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

/rant

Cheers
Stop what you're doing. Send Dan a PM through here explaining exactly what's happening. He will make it right.

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #57005 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Sparrows

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
What now?
Pretty much had to modify the entire antiwrap set up. They sent me the plates for a d35 so I had to waste over an hour grinding to make them fit. Only to find out the bolt holes are about 1/8" off and so I had to waste more time wallowing them out to finally slam it all together with a single jack. The bar is meant to be removable from the axle but after all that the fitment is so tight it ain't ever coming out...

Oh and the new ubolts they sent didn't come with extra washers like I requested so now I have to waste time either going to buy more or removing the ones I stacked in the front to use in the rear.

All that on top of the annoyance of having to grind the nubs off their perches in the first place. Not that its a huge deal but seems like every single thing I get from them is either not what I ordered or has poor fitment or has to be heavily modified to work. I'm just sick of their parts. Dan used to be rad about customer service but the guy I get on the phone now is useless.

I've literally wasted about 4-5 hours today grinding and drilling and fighting their products. Just tired of it. I want to order stuff and have it fit like its supposed to.

Cheers

June '13 YJOTM
post #57006 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Michaelgoesrawr

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87
yes here is wa there are 4x4 go arounds, the gates are used as gate keepers if you will, I wast breaking any laws and was told by dnr that we are approved to take the by passes when the gates are locked as long as we have are passes (which I do) it just happens that they literally just made this by pass and it a bit on the small side! Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

Ha. Gates acting as gate keepers. Who would've thought that was possible in our lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows
Pretty much had to modify the entire antiwrap set up. They sent me the plates for a d35 so I had to waste over an hour grinding to make them fit. Only to find out the bolt holes are about 1/8" off and so I had to waste more time wallowing them out to finally slam it all together with a single jack. The bar is meant to be removable from the axle but after all that the fitment is so tight it ain't ever coming out... Oh and the new ubolts they sent didn't come with extra washers like I requested so now I have to waste time either going to buy more or removing the ones I stacked in the front to use in the rear. All that on top of the annoyance of having to grind the nubs off their perches in the first place. Not that its a huge deal but seems like every single thing I get from them is either not what I ordered or has poor fitment or has to be heavily modified to work. I'm just sick of their parts. Dan used to be rad about customer service but the guy I get on the phone now is useless. I've literally wasted about 4-5 hours today grinding and drilling and fighting their products. Just tired of it. I want to order stuff and have it fit like its supposed to. Cheers
Did you PM Dan?!

If not, it's like complaining about who the president is if you didn't even vote.

In all seriousness, I'm sorry it's all ****ed up.

Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
post #57007 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 06:22 PM
The_Goob

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
I have had nothing but good from them. I did get sent a wrong part in my 8.8 kit and they 2 day shipped a new one with a simple call. try calling on a saturday thats when dan seems to be the one answering the phone

YJoTM ~April '14 ~June '15 ~April '17

post #57008 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 06:32 PM
GunHo198
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylebeau
What front fenders are they?
Those are e-autogrilles off eBay. $280 a pair.

I painted them with duplicilolor. But it doesn't stick to them very well. Going to hit them with some gloss Krylon next week.

94 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 with AX-15 Trans.
4" Procomp Lift, 3" body lift, 35" BFG Tires, Ford 9" Rearend with NASCAR Detroit Locker, Super 30 Front with ARB, Onboard Air, Dual Optima Batteries,Warn M8274 Winch, and Bushwacker Fender Flares.
post #57009 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Maine1994ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Brown Santa brought me 3 boxes of YAY and 1 box of utter disappointment.....

The boxes were:
KC lights: YAY!!!
RE track bars & UCAs(for ZJs): YAY!!!
Smittybilt XRC 9.5 Gen 2 winch: YAY!!!
Smittybilt SRC bumper w/free winch plate: WTF? No winch plate.... Hey, isn't the bumper & winch useless without the winch plate??

Turns out the "Parts Professional" at this particular big offroad vendor DELETED the winch plate from the order, which I placed over the phone.

Not to mention that my "Club Member Rewards" would have absolutely been trumped by JC Whitney's 10% off total order offer....

'93 V8 ZJ Mountain Goat Edition.
'95 V8 ZJ Limited, '97 4.0L ZJ TSi
'96 4.0L 2wd XJ, '88 4.2L YJ
post #57010 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 07:14 PM
panaceabeachbum

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I ordered the ubolts from ruff stuff listed as ideal for dana 30 and the plates, as usual qaulity is top notch but as others have mentioned the ubolts are not threaded far enough , had to use 3/4" spacers, same problem I had with the 8.8 kit.

Put about 100 miles on the jeep today with the new 5" bds springs , bilstein shocks and the sway bar disconnected, I cant see any need for the sway bar with the type driving I do, pulling it out completley in the morning. Cant beleive how smooth the bilstein shocks make the ride.

post #57011 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 07:19 PM
kylebeau
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo198
Those are e-autogrilles off eBay. $280 a pair. I painted them with duplicilolor. But it doesn't stick to them very well. Going to hit them with some gloss Krylon next week.
That's what I thought but I wasn't sure
post #57012 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 07:30 PM
RevDemonSemon
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Krylon Repaint

Krylon Everything. Still gotta do the trim but.....
Attached Images

post #57013 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 07:33 PM
panaceabeachbum

1989 YJ Wrangler 

how many rattle cans did that take?

post #57014 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 07:55 PM
Norcal_chris
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Pretty much had to modify the entire antiwrap set up. They sent me the plates for a d35 so I had to waste over an hour grinding to make them fit. Only to find out the bolt holes are about 1/8" off and so I had to waste more time wallowing them out to finally slam it all together with a single jack. The bar is meant to be removable from the axle but after all that the fitment is so tight it ain't ever coming out...

Oh and the new ubolts they sent didn't come with extra washers like I requested so now I have to waste time either going to buy more or removing the ones I stacked in the front to use in the rear.

All that on top of the annoyance of having to grind the nubs off their perches in the first place. Not that its a huge deal but seems like every single thing I get from them is either not what I ordered or has poor fitment or has to be heavily modified to work. I'm just sick of their parts. Dan used to be rad about customer service but the guy I get on the phone now is useless.

I've literally wasted about 4-5 hours today grinding and drilling and fighting their products. Just tired of it. I want to order stuff and have it fit like its supposed to.

Cheers
Ruffstuff has changed quite a bit recently. Ever since they moved shops they are a lot less personable and don't seem to care much about customer service.

That's with me walkin in to the shop or calling in. Not sure what the deal is with them.

Ruined a perfectly good jeep.

OCT '13 & OCT '14 YJOTM 2014 YJOTY
post #57015 of 81224 Old 05-19-2014, 08:00 PM
panaceabeachbum

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I know Dan has always bent over backwards to make things right even for an OCD person like me. I hope they have the correct U-Bolts for my application.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in