• 1 Post By timatoe
  • 1 Post By fishadventure

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-13-2020, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
RIPSAW

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Water deflector under the grill on the outside below windshield

Got a lot of water coming in both sides when Jeep is sitting. The carpet is out. Floor plugs are out. I have fabricated and pop-riveted boxes under floor drain so they are open toward the back.

My YJ has a hardtop with half doors. I have fabricated corner pieces in the area of the windshield frame and top so it seals quite well to the window. Also have cut down the inner frame, rewelded and radiused them so the new fabric windows of the half windows so they fix well now all around.

The drain for the vent box is clear and drains well. However, I am still getting at least a 1/2 qt of water into the heater box in a good two-day downpour.

My top grill is SS Quadratec replacement. The screen is good. The inner box has the OEM plastic piece. Does not look broken but the lip that comes out is only on one side. You would think it would be on both sides. Cannot find what it should look like.

Anyone have a picture of theirs with the grill off?

Thanks...

PS. Jeep has been gone for over a year while my student used it. She put 19,000 miles on my overhaul that I did at 300,000

Still runs great. I would have never lived long enough to do that. Due to COVID-19, it's now setting. She has a Honda since the Jeep truly is not a safe year round full-time driver. I got it for my hobby and replace my Harley at my age.

Thanks for the help.
RIPSAW

1993 2.5 YJ out of Hampton Roads Virginia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-16-2020, 07:42 PM
timatoe

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I had water pouring in at the body seam between the tub and the front cowl. I dug it out with a pick and put new seam sealer in there. Also check the cowl seal. There's a good write up in the FAQ's with a bunch of places to check for water intrusion.
RIPSAW likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-17-2020, 08:46 AM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Behind the hinges on buth windshield and A-pillar cowl; and around the glass are two places that make you crazy finding them.
RIPSAW likes this.

[size=3]Shackles & D-rings are different things.
Cranking IS turning over

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in