Vinyl Floor Covering - any experience? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-19-2019, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Vinyl Floor Covering - any experience?

Anybody ever use the vinyl floor covering like this one?

https://www.stockinteriors.com/molde...p?Itemid=13185

I used to have a factory rubber floor in an Explorer Sport Trac, and I liked it when paired with some nice carpeted floor mats.

I'm skeptical that the one that I linked to is as nice as an OEM mat. Currently have carpet with insulation underneath for heat control. I'm going to do some type of new carpet or new vinyl mat (and also keep the insulation underneath for heat control).

Not interested in raptor liner-type products for my purposes, so no need to suggest them. They aren't suitable for my needs, climate and jeep configuration

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-19-2019, 12:51 PM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanF View Post
Anybody ever use the vinyl floor covering like this one?

https://www.stockinteriors.com/molde...p?Itemid=13185

I used to have a factory rubber floor in an Explorer Sport Trac, and I liked it when paired with some nice carpeted floor mats.

I'm skeptical that the one that I linked to is as nice as an OEM mat. Currently have carpet with insulation underneath for heat control. I'm going to do some type of new carpet or new vinyl mat (and also keep the insulation underneath for heat control).

Not interested in raptor liner-type products for my purposes, so no need to suggest them. They aren't suitable for my needs, climate and jeep configuration
I would be worried about moisture under it. With carpet and can breath a little and has a chance to dry out. With vinyl its just gonna stay and never dry. Our jeeps arent know to be nearly as water tight as an explorer

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-19-2019, 08:16 PM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

...does it rain in Texas?

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~

post #4 of 5 Old 08-20-2019, 06:29 PM
Boojo35
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
FWIW I purchased an Auto Custom Carpets one from Quadratec. I have not laid it out in the Jeep yet to check its fitment but for the price I am overall impressed with how durable I believe it will be.

It seems to be against the grain to have carpet or anything in a Jeep. I bought this mat for my 94 project which will definitely be a winter driver. I want the extra insulation for heating the vehicle and the protection of keeping the road salt from my boots off the floorboards. Sure, it may end up with moisture under it but that is moisture, not road salt. Being aware of the potential moisture it is easy to periodically dry that out anyways. This will be a hardtop Jeep and careful attention paid to all firewall, cowl, floor, and windshield areas when sealing. The clean Arizona Jeep made me well aware of some dashboard windshield area leaks. I dont think a watertight Yj is easy to achieve but I think that a lot of old Heeps in general have some easily fixed water leaks. I may get a chance to lay this mat on the floor soon. If so I will post how it fits.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-20-2019, 06:47 PM
paulhead
if it works fix it

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I been running options thru my head. Was thinking Rino liner or a carpet thing. Not sure on pros or cons

Trying to weld has honed my grinding skills

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in