Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Vacuum system clean up

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  dancytron 
#1 ·
I am wanting clean up all the vacuum system stuff i don't need on my 87 4.2 yj. I live in Oklahoma and we don't have to pass smog so I'm not worried about the emissions stuff. I have included a diagram of the system and would really appreciate guidance on what stuff can be removed.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
#15 ·
I got all the stuff i didn't need disconnected and will remove all the stuff this weekend. Two things I found in the process that I was wondering about.

Should the rear valve cover breather/ pvc valve grommet have a breather or CCV valve in it? not sure if this is correct but it sounds to me like a ccv valve works the opposite of the PCV valve.

secondly, is the evap canister worth keeping or should I remove it too?

#16 ·
I got all the stuff i didn't need disconnected and will remove all the stuff this weekend. Two things I found in the process that I was wondering about.

Should the rear valve cover breather/ pvc valve grommet have a breather or CCV valve in it? not sure if this is correct but it sounds to me like a ccv valve works the opposite of the PCV valve.

secondly, is the evap canister worth keeping or should I remove it too?
The rear of the valve cover should have a breather. Stock, it runs to the bottom of the air cleaner.

Keep the evap canister. There is no benefit to removing it other than to make it pollute more. It will smell like gas if you do remove.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.