Vacumn line cleanup - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Feetwet
  • 1 Post By Feetwet

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 09-06-2019, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Boomer89yj

Vacumn line cleanup

Hey guys, I have a 89 yj with the 4.2 and I’d like to cleanup the vacumn lines. Which lines do I need and which ones can I plug? Also anyone know much about the nutter bypass? My Jeep runs great has a rebuild and Webber 32/36 but If it’ll help with anything I’d love to hear what you have to say. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 09-12-2019, 07:29 AM
Feetwet
Enjoying the Ride

1995 YJ Wrangler 

You have almost 190 views on the two identical threads you started.
The reason no one has responded yet is because all the info you want is already out there, ad nauseum.

Start with the YJ FAQs, the Nutter is covered there. You obviously know something about it because you already know what to call it.

Also, Google is your friend. Use it.

Educate yourself, then your questions will be more on point and not appear to be asking for someone else to do your homework for you.

Fight Crime...Shoot Back

Friends don't let friends roll over without a negative-G strap

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 Old 09-15-2019, 01:30 PM
Johnsonm07

After seeing this answer I'm almost afraid to ask a question. I am new to this group and saw the smart *** answer but can't seem to find the YJ FAQ's.
I think I'll just stay quiet after this post.

post #4 of 14 Old 09-15-2019, 02:45 PM
Chrisnvegas
Windows95

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonm07 View Post
After seeing this answer I'm almost afraid to ask a question. I am new to this group and saw the smart *** answer but can't seem to find the YJ FAQ's.
Maybe he's having a lousy day!
Here's FAQ:
https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/...-first-580536/

If you have a Weber, it's probably already nuttered.

Me? I'm not a fan of nutter. I'd rather update everything to near modern standards.
The 4.2 is capable of way more power with easy bolt ons.
Probably the cheapest (about a hundred bucks) and easiest is an ignition upgrade once the carb has been done. Speaking of carbs, I really dislike the Weber. Why? Look at the retarded air cleaner also know as the "hot air intake"
It's better suited to a Mazda Miata than a Jeep. Poor filtration and it sits right above the hottest area under the hood. The exhaust manifold! Can there be a worse place for an air intake? That proprietary air cleaner can not be easily changed to a remote air cleaner without adapters. I hate adapters!

Anyway, look at the writeups in the FAQ and see if any of yours are answered, if not, we are still here.

Look at your distributor. See what you have, let us know.
An underhood picture would also be helpful. We don't know what vacuum lines you have now.

A 4.2 underhood with an HEI and EFI or carb should only have a few vacuum lines.

One to 4wd, one to the brake booster, one to the firewall (HVAC) one to the distributor, one to the MAP (EFI conversion)
That's all I can think of off hand.

End the Ethanol Rip-Off
post #5 of 14 Old 09-15-2019, 04:51 PM
Feetwet
Enjoying the Ride

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, probably should have just ignored this thread but I had reached my monthly limit of drive-by, one-time posters who never stop back for the answers we work to provide. Not my usual MO.

I'll do better in the future.

Fight Crime...Shoot Back

post #6 of 14 Old 09-15-2019, 04:59 PM
Chrisnvegas
Windows95

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feetwet View Post
Yeah, probably should have just ignored this thread but I had reached my monthly limit of drive-by, one-time posters who never stop back for the answers we work to provide. Not my usual MO.

I'll do better in the future.
I totally understand. And you're right, often I'll take 10 minutes of my day to write or even take pictures and POOF! Never to be seen again.

Plus, I have friends from jersey. Good honest people. Maybe too honest?
They don't suffer fools lightly.
AmIright?

End the Ethanol Rip-Off
post #7 of 14 Old 09-15-2019, 06:12 PM
Feetwet
Enjoying the Ride

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, you have a decent read on us, seems to me.

Don't have time for those who don't want to help themselves.

I showed up here looking for some input when I bought my 95, 11 years ago. Spent the first month or so just reading.
I've come to take a personal interest in this place, for better or worse. A sense of Ownership, I guess, tho I'm just another Jeeper.
Pains me when people don't respect the resource.
Chrisnvegas likes this.

Fight Crime...Shoot Back

post #8 of 14 Old 09-15-2019, 06:20 PM
timatoe

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Top of the YJ Tech Forum there area bunch of "stickys" the bottom one is the FAQ's. Personally think they should be at the top and bolded with a larger font than everything else.

I belong to several different types of forums and at least two direct you immediately to the FAQ pages before you can even create an account.

Feel free to ask questions, we all learn differently at different paces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
post #9 of 14 Old 09-15-2019, 07:20 PM
xpage
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
You can also click the search box in the top right and select advanced then slect YJ forum and type in the search box to search ONLY the YJ forums.

Maybe some people never used online forums and don't know how to?
post #10 of 14 Old 09-15-2019, 07:35 PM
Azhunter1
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No kidding, It must be nice to know everything without ever asking!!!
post #11 of 14 Old 09-15-2019, 07:59 PM
Chrisnvegas
Windows95

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpage View Post
You can also click the search box in the top right and select advanced then slect YJ forum and type in the search box to search ONLY the YJ forums.

Maybe some people never used online forums and don't know how to?
I don't get good search results. Maybe it's me. I'm no computer whiz, that's for sure. Hell, I still have cable and watch TV!

End the Ethanol Rip-Off
post #12 of 14 Old 09-16-2019, 10:22 AM
Johnsonm07

Thanks so much for responding. I was trying to find the FAQ's on my phone. Once I got on my computer I see there is so much more info on it. I appreciate the help. I have an 89 Wrangler that has never run very well. The motor is rebuilt, but it spits and sputters every time I drive it. I found that the Nutter was done to it but nothing else. The emissions are all rusted out and the Weber is new. I did find that the needles were missing from the stepper motor. I cannot find the replacement needles. Not with the carb kit and didn't come with the stepper motor. Thanks again.
post #13 of 14 Old 09-16-2019, 02:59 PM
Feetwet
Enjoying the Ride

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks so much for responding. I was trying to find the FAQ's on my phone. Once I got on my computer I see there is so much more info on it. I appreciate the help. I have an 89 Wrangler that has never run very well. The motor is rebuilt, but it spits and sputters every time I drive it. I found that the Nutter was done to it but nothing else. The emissions are all rusted out and the Weber is new. I did find that the needles were missing from the stepper motor. I cannot find the replacement needles. Not with the carb kit and didn't come with the stepper motor. Thanks again.

You should start your own thread in this Sub-forum so the responses will be relevant to you and your issues.

Try to include some qualifiers in the thread title to help people identify if they can help you, like "89 YJ Carb Issues" or "Weber probs 89 YJ".
Also, try to fill out your profile Jeep info as best as you can to help narrow down the discussion. It will be easier to do that on a PC.

Good Luck.
Chrisnvegas likes this.

Fight Crime...Shoot Back

post #14 of 14 Old 09-16-2019, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Boomer89yj

Thank you Chris for the advice I’ll definitely get a new distributor. As of right now I just have a replacement one I got from Autozone. And to the guy who gave me the smart answer I’ve been doing research on and off for about two months and couldn’t find what I was looking for. I didn’t find much about people having the nutter with the Webber carb, only the stock ones. I know you have to do something with the needles on the stock carb which is why I was just kindly asking for answers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in