There is no easy way to say this - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
 90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 200 Old 06-18-2015, 09:24 PM
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Its taken me a few days to collect my thoughts. I lost my best friend last year and we created a page in his honor where we could all tell stories about how he made an impact in our lives. I propose we do the same for Nick, in the stickies! !. Even though I didn't know Nick personally it was obvious he was well liked by his friends and YJ fans. I still remember when someone asked him what his user name stood for. I didnt know either, but I assumed he disliked Canadians. I Laughed out loud when he told the story. DAMN CANADIANS!! anyways just thought I would add my condolences to those who know him well. May he rest in peace!!

build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
YJ 5.2 magnum MPI, AX15, NP231 SYE, Dana 30 4.56 open/ 8.8 4.56 detriot locker. 1" shackles
2" BL, 4" stretch all on saggy waggy springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 200 Old 06-19-2015, 10:40 AM
bpounds
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Been gone a few days, and this is a shock to come back to. Very sorry to hear of the loss of someone so young. I didn't know him personally, only through JF, but it was obvious he was a talented, sharp guy. I enjoyed his wry humor here on the forum. Really a sad thing. My condolences to his family, and to all of you that knew and loved him.

Bill

1988 Wrangler,4.2L I-6, Howell EFI JP-1,CRT HEI Ign,AX15 ext slave conversion, Zone 2" lift + 1" BL + 1/2" booms, BFG 31 x 10.5, Bestop.
post #78 of 200 Old 06-19-2015, 11:09 AM
PA_YJ19

1994 YJ Wrangler 

This is terrible, ill b praying for his family. I hope they r doing ok and wish I could help. He was a great guy.

post #79 of 200 Old 06-19-2015, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

1986 MJ Comanche 

The Funeral Home seeing to Nick's services has an electronic tribute page that will allow us to share videos and images of Nick, our thoughts and condolences to the family, and even arrange for flowers etc. if you are so inclined. I would ask that you remember Nick, and be respectful with any comments and images you upload. What is the norm here is not the norm for his family.

Thank you all for the calls, texts, PMs and memories and thoughts about Nick on here. As YJ owners we tend to be problem solvers by nature and there is nothing more frustrating than something we can't just simply put sweat and effort into to fix - at least for me.

Here's the link to the Funeral Home page for Nick: http://www.deeganfuneralchapels.com/...da-4782486955/

-Tim

91 YJ "Alice"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" SOLD

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #80 of 200 Old 06-19-2015, 12:09 PM
MukYJ

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
The Funeral Home seeing to Nick's services has an electronic tribute page that will allow us to share videos and images of Nick, our thoughts and condolences to the family, and even arrange for flowers etc. if you are so inclined. I would ask that you remember Nick, and be respectful with any comments and images you upload. What is the norm here is not the norm for his family.

Thank you all for the calls, texts, PMs and memories and thoughts about Nick on here. As YJ owners we tend to be problem solvers by nature and there is nothing more frustrating than something we can't just simply put sweat and effort into to fix - at least for me.

Here's the link to the Funeral Home page for Nick: http://www.deeganfuneralchapels.com/...da-4782486955/

-Tim
Fixed the link for ya.

~/Garth - 1993 Wrangler S 2.5
{ }|||||||{ } "MukYJ"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
He's right, as soon as you remove the trackbar the fuel rail will arc on the battery, killing you and all the kittens in a ten mile radius.
post #81 of 200 Old 06-20-2015, 04:51 PM
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance

1993 YJ Wrangler 

My family and I attended the services for Nick today. To say it's very difficult to see off a man you consider to be a brother is a gross understatement. My heart goes out to all of Nicks family and closest friends. Attendance was high which goes to show his reach: a power possessed that he may not have fully realized. He was loved by so many and will be greatly missed by all.

Here is the funeral program:

I have ordered memorial decals and will be distributing to those that wish to display one. More info on that when they arrive in a couple of weeks. I will post up that I have them and take requests at that time. Image courtesy of Luuca.

Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
post #82 of 200 Old 06-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

^
Thanks for posting.
I'm still at a loss...

"Alferd Packer: “Stand up, you voracious, man-eating son of a *****, stand up! There was seven democrats in Hinsdale County and you up and ate five of them."
post #83 of 200 Old 06-20-2015, 07:04 PM
whiteyj1994
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar
My family and I attended the services for Nick today. To say it's very difficult to see off a man you consider to be a brother is a gross understatement. My heart goes out to all of Nicks family and closest friends. Attendance was high which goes to show his reach: a power possessed that he may not have fully realized. He was loved by so many and will be greatly missed by all. Here is the funeral program: I have ordered memorial decals and will be distributing to those that wish to display one. More info on that when they arrive in a couple of weeks. I will post up that I have them and take requests at that time. Image courtesy of Luuca. Larry
Having several conversations with Nick here it felt like I was talking to an old friend when I met Nick , Jake and Jakes little brother 2 weeks ago at sourgrass for the first time. It's rare to find people of his quality these days and I would be honored to remember him with a decal on my Jeep.

lead foot locker and away we go
post #84 of 200 Old 06-20-2015, 07:55 PM
zte87
GIVE IT THE ONION

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar
My family and I attended the services for Nick today. To say it's very difficult to see off a man you consider to be a brother is a gross understatement. My heart goes out to all of Nicks family and closest friends. Attendance was high which goes to show his reach: a power possessed that he may not have fully realized. He was loved by so many and will be greatly missed by all. Here is the funeral program: I have ordered memorial decals and will be distributing to those that wish to display one. More info on that when they arrive in a couple of weeks. I will post up that I have them and take requests at that time. Image courtesy of Luuca. Larry
I really wish I could have been there.......you know I will run one on the warbird to remember him!

luck favors the prepared - anticanman
post #85 of 200 Old 06-20-2015, 08:08 PM
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Cool guys. As soon as I get them I'll let you all know and start collecting some addresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
post #86 of 200 Old 06-21-2015, 09:20 AM
UZI4U
1993 YJ Wrangler 

This is unbelievable and awful. My prayers and condolences go out to Nick, his family and friends.

MCLMM
post #87 of 200 Old 06-21-2015, 08:44 PM
Gage56

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
I really wish I could have been there.......you know I will run one on the warbird to remember him!

Same Here ^^

1992 YJ
post #88 of 200 Old 06-21-2015, 11:20 PM
rfielding
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Very sad in deed. Best wishes and condolences to his family and friends. Truly a loss to many.
post #89 of 200 Old 06-23-2015, 12:08 AM
tecksjeep

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I will gladly run one. I will need to get 2 because I'm gonna repaint. This is still so shocking........still at a loss

5.7 Vortec, D60 front w/ detroit,14 bolt rear w/spool. 16" FOA Coilovers in rear ORI struts in front, Barnes Enduro Joints, Daves custom boat sides/rear armor.

Check out my build here!
post #90 of 200 Old 06-23-2015, 05:41 AM
Louie4
Web Wheeler

1935 CJ2A 

I'll run one. Thanks for all y'all are doing.

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in