There is no easy way to say this - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
 73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 189 Old 06-15-2015, 04:47 PM
jaycal3

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Rest in peace brother...

93 YJ, 6 cyl,3.5" BDS,1" Prothane BL,1/2" booms, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ on MT Beadlocks.

Do your part for Leukemia research - help find a cure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KCCO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 189 Old 06-15-2015, 04:54 PM
The_Goob

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87TPIYJ View Post
Does anyone know what happened?
The answer to this isnt going to bring him back or somehow justify whatever happened. I thought the same thing for a minute then realized, it doesnt matter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YJoTM ~April '14 ~June '15 ~April '17

post #48 of 189 Old 06-15-2015, 07:00 PM
Overhead

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Nick was always the connector. "oh, you just took this off? Carlos needs this" " Oh you're trying to build a 4cyl? here's stephen's number" I was working on something one day, utterly stuck and could not figure out the next step for the life of me. Posted up here that I was miffed. A few monutes later I got a pm from Nick with his number, Saying to call him. He didn't help me solve the issue AT ALL. But he talked my ear off enough to get me less stressed to a point I could begin to figure it out.

/f12 Forever. Gone but not forgotten.

Carlos14- Gotta love BDS for breakfast.

95yj- Grim-

Friends don't let friends Buy Rough country

post #49 of 189 Old 06-15-2015, 07:48 PM
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
I'll answer this one time on here. Nick is gone. How is a matter for family and close friends. Please leave it at that.
I have the funeral/viewing details for those that may attend. Please PM for info.

Larry

Chumley1080 likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Come on by! It's easy to network locally when you join a 4x4 club especially when all the clubs in your state are united and invited to each other's runs. You meet poor folk like me or run into guys that own some of the big companies you only aspire to order from and drool when you see their products. The great uniting factor is that we are all jeepers at heart and are willing to help each other out even if its just a little. That's what the jeep wave is all about: community. The wave is the tip of the iceberg.
post #50 of 189 Old 06-15-2015, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

2005 LJ Wrangler 

For those of us who are planning on attending his services you can PM me here and I will reply with the schedule.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost"

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #51 of 189 Old 06-15-2015, 08:01 PM
87TPIYJ
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
I'll answer this one time on here. Nick is gone. How is a matter for family and close friends. Please leave it at that.

My apologies. I know it is a tuff time for a lot of people. I didn't know if it was some sort of auto accident or something. Sorry for the loss. RIP

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

YJUnlimited stretch, Links, SBC, Tons, Lockers, and stuff
March 2017 YJOTM/ 2017 YJOTY

post #52 of 189 Old 06-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I'm in shock as I think back to times shared with such an honorable guy.

My thoughts & prayers go out to Nicks family & friends.
post #53 of 189 Old 06-15-2015, 08:24 PM
102joe

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have had the honor of meet Nick. A few times. He was one of the few people you meet in your life that you automatically know they are one of the good ones . All that has be said previously here is the absolute truth .
My heart goes out to the family and loved ones. The world is less without him.
Rest in peace Nick . You will forever live in my memories.
Joe

REAL JEEPS HAVE LEAF SPRINGS

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
post #54 of 189 Old 06-15-2015, 08:36 PM
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
I only met Nick once, when he was here in San Diego for some reason. But by that and here through the forum I felt like he was a good friend and certainly a good person. They are too few like him.

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." óHubert Humphrey

post #55 of 189 Old 06-15-2015, 08:42 PM
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Nick touched more lives in a positive way than he could ever realize and was one of the most giving and generous people I've ever known.
Keep on wheelin those blue skies Anticanman, and throw me a line when I get stuck along the way.
RIP my friend.

***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

post #56 of 189 Old 06-15-2015, 09:39 PM
Dake
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Man what a loss. It sad to see people go so young. But you never know when the Lord will call you home. RIP Nick

Waiting on my Rough Country lift to sag!
post #57 of 189 Old 06-15-2015, 10:47 PM
RIP John

2012 JK Wrangler 

Damm what a shock. Although I only knew him from the time when he became a moderator it feels like I’ve known him for much longer. He was one tough moderator, someone you’d want on your side and a good one at that and that’s how I’ll remember him.

(2011-2016)
post #58 of 189 Old 06-15-2015, 10:58 PM
Michaelgoesrawr

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
He is the one who encouraged me to help people and answer the questions I could. He never wanted anyone to sit on the sidelines here even if they didn't know anything or didn't type properly. He is the definition of "It's a Jeep thing" and I know we all learned a lot from him. He was kind enough to buy me a years membership too. Just makes you realize how quickly things can change as seeing this was not something I ever could've guessed. Damn.

Adopt your pets. Don't shop for them.
post #59 of 189 Old 06-16-2015, 07:27 AM
ChrisHager
Administrator

2004 WJ 

Garage
This has been on my mind since I read it yesterday morning. I was shocked and wasn't quite sure what to say. I didn't personally know him but know he was a huge contributor to the forum. He will be greatly missed.

Thoughts and prayers...

~Chris
His: 2004 WJ - OME HD 'Kolak' Lift -

His: 1979 J-10 - 3" on 33s -

His: 2009 Expedition
His: 1978 F250 Custom -

Hers: 2000 TJ
Hers: 2010 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
"You can't recycle tartar sauce."
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_80 View Post
Weird, I didn't realize you could use vomit as coolant.
post #60 of 189 Old 06-16-2015, 08:25 AM
Gage56

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Wow, not what i wanted to read first thing when i got up

What ever the case i did have I have the honor of talking with Nick a few time on the phone and he was ALWAYS helpful.

i was going to buy a locker from him and after a bout a half hour chat he said he would not want to sell it to me because he did not want me to waste my money on something he knew i was not going to like.

I am at a complete loss for words here, as others have said i may not have met him in person but this truly hurts. I can only hope his family can find the way to get through this with peace and knowing his is in a much better place.

Rest in peace Nick, God now has a Great YJ Tech and Wheeling Buddy

1992 YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in