Suggestions and guidance - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-18-2020, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
89yjinva

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Suggestions and guidance

A few years back I bought my first yj... Kids came and my money went, sold the jeep. This year my father bought me a 89 yj for my 40th birthday . It is an 89 Sahara with a 91 4.0 in it. The PO was fixing it up and had to stop. He sold all the parts he had with it . Here is a list of what came with it and are not installed.
Rugged ridge SYE
RE 4 in springs just the leaf springs.
Hard top
Full doors
Safari rack with 4 kc lites

I have installed the doors and top and done a tune up. This thing runs grea and I am going to do the lift and sye here in the next month.
Do I just need shocks and u bolts? If not what else?
Are boomerang good or bad with 4 inch lift?
What shackles should I use?
Can I attach the rack to the hard top?
Yes I know I need a new drive shaft Tom woods double is what I am planning.

End goal is mudder and snow. Mid atlantic region, third car, weekend ride.
Ford 8.8 rear, or dana 44 ( good luck to me finding one in my price range) would love to stay mopar
35 inch tires maybe 37 if they would fit
Still debating truetrac or airlockers. Price not that big of a difference as the po started the a/c to oba process.
Yes I have searched the forums, posted for two reasons . 1. Need guidance for my region, not the Midwest or west others were not the same situation as mine. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89yjinva View Post
A few years back I bought my first yj... Kids came and my money went, sold the jeep. This year my father bought me a 89 yj for my 40th birthday . It is an 89 Sahara with a 91 4.0 in it. The PO was fixing it up and had to stop. He sold all the parts he had with it . Here is a list of what came with it and are not installed.
Rugged ridge SYE
RE 4 in springs just the leaf springs.
Hard top
Full doors
Safari rack with 4 kc lites

I have installed the doors and top and done a tune up. This thing runs grea and I am going to do the lift and sye here in the next month.
Do I just need shocks and u bolts? If not what else?
Are boomerang good or bad with 4 inch lift?
What shackles should I use?
Can I attach the rack to the hard top?
Yes I know I need a new drive shaft Tom woods double is what I am planning.

End goal is mudder and snow. Mid atlantic region, third car, weekend ride.
Ford 8.8 rear, or dana 44 ( good luck to me finding one in my price range) would love to stay mopar
35 inch tires maybe 37 if they would fit
Still debating truetrac or airlockers. Price not that big of a difference as the po started the a/c to oba process.
Yes I have searched the forums, posted for two reasons . 1. Need guidance for my region, not the Midwest or west others were not the same situation as mine. Thanks in advance!
Your not far from me. I would add boom shackles to that list and extended brake lines as well. Definitly go Double Cardone shaft. Tom Woods is awesome but you pay for it. They can be had cheaper. I went with a place in NV and if I have another made I am going Tom Woods. If you want 37s I just put some on the front D30 is on borrowed time. I am useing a luncbox locker in the front with a posi lock to actuate the CAD. I have an 8.8 with an AUburn Ected. If I do lockers again I am going OX
post #3 of 4 Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
89yjinva

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Nice where at in md.... Winchester 81 corridor here..... Any trails your way? Tom woods are like 319 everything else is about the same adams, rc, seems like they have a great name and for 20bor 30 dollar difference not much.....

post #4 of 4 Old Today, 08:07 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89yjinva View Post
Nice where at in md.... Winchester 81 corridor here..... Any trails your way? Tom woods are like 319 everything else is about the same adams, rc, seems like they have a great name and for 20bor 30 dollar difference not much.....
I am at eh 81\70 corridor. I am in Big Pool Just above clearspring. The closest real off road trails are Rasuch Creek or Big Dogs. I do know of some trails in Sleepy Creek in WV between us. They are only open and legal to drive on during hunting season which is right now and there are a few spots that they are fun to play and do require 4wd and one spot requires lockers or a winch for the steep loose hill vlimb and there is one trail I still want to do that looks like it would be alot of fun and require some skill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in