Spare Sensor Recommendations - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Duck Doctor

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-21-2019, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Spare Sensor Recommendations

What spare sensors does everyone recommend carrying on the trail? My rig is a 94 with the 4.0 and AX15. I currently have a spare crank sensor, throttle position sensor, MAP sensor, and an O2 sensor.

Reason I ask is that the computer in my TJ crapped out so I have to use my YJ instead when participating in the Jeepers Jamboree this week on the Rubicon Trail. YJ runs great but I want to make sure that I have replacements for common sensor failures.

Any additional sensors I should purchase?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-21-2019, 11:53 AM
Louie4
Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Spare Sensor Recommendations

Not sure really. Maybe a MAP sensor? It wonít run right without it. Oil pressure sensor? If it breaks off or fails internally it will spew oil everywhere. Crankshaft position sensor? Wonít run without it.

Those are the only three that could put you out of commission that I can think of. Iím sure there are others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 Old 07-22-2019, 06:15 AM
mikewiz38
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Which brand of spare sensors did you buy? Seeing that the engine relies on a sensor for a go/no-go situation, I see value in carrying a spare extra sensor with. And the sensors are so small it's not that big of a deal.

If you look at rock auto, you can see sensors that range from 10 bucks to 50 bucks. But then you also hear about sensors being dead out of the box.

The other extra part I would think about adding to your collection is an ignition coil. Mine died last week and I quickly learned that without it, your jeep is dead. They are also small and can range in price from $12 to $50.

1994 Wrangler YJ - 4.0L - 5 Speed

post #4 of 7 Old 07-22-2019, 06:35 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Cam Position. Its the one that goes in the Dizzy. Like the crank if it goes you no vroom vroom anymore

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-22-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I always refrain from purchasing cheap sensors. Since Mopar sensors aren’t available I purchase the most expensive ones available from Rock Auto. Either Standard Motor Products or NTK.

Thanks for the coil suggestion. I’ll pick one up today.
mikewiz38 likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-22-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered a new ignition coil, distributor rotor, and distributor pickup coil. Appreciate the help.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-23-2019, 01:01 PM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Doctor View Post
I always refrain from purchasing cheap sensors. Since Mopar sensors arenít available I purchase the most expensive ones available from Rock Auto. Either Standard Motor Products or NTK.

Thanks for the coil suggestion. Iíll pick one up today.
Expensive doesnt always mean better. When I cant find mopar I have been using OEM thats the company name. I almost ran with them using that trickery but they had alot of good amazon reviews. So far I am happy with them. They arent the cheapest but they arent expensive either.

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in