Sounds search - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-26-2014, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
danny123
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds search

I'm sure most people are sick of these new guys like me asking stupid common questions. I'm new to this Jeep thing, I've had small compact cars all my life but I figured I would try something else and bought a Jeep... and by no means a pristine one. However I do enjoy hell out of it. So far I've had a few small things that needed replacing. Recently a new one popped up. Im getting some rattle, clunking, grinding sound coming from what seems like the RF. Almost like there is a rock in between rotor and pad, but impossible to tell. Its kind of random when it happens, but seems like, (are just simply more noticed) when I accelerate slowly. I tried to record it. However i don't even know if that sound in the video is the same as the girding sound I hear.

Thanks

https://flic.kr/p/nnkT8J

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-26-2014, 05:06 PM
jaycal3

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Its not impossible to tell... take the wheel off and make sure you dont have a rock caught between the pad and rotor. Or that he piston isn't stuck and pushing the caliper constantly or that you even have pads left and that its not metal on metal you hear.

93 YJ, 6 cyl,3.5" BDS,1" Prothane BL,1/2" booms, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ on MT Beadlocks.

Do your part for Leukemia research - help find a cure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KCCO
post #3 of 4 Old 05-17-2014, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
danny123
1992 YJ Wrangler 

any idea? this isn't the 'angry sparrow' sound is it. Its only when I'm in gear and moving. If I go into neutral while moving the sound goes away.

https://flic.kr/p/nn3c9V

post #4 of 4 Old 05-17-2014, 08:57 PM
Sparrows

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny123 View Post
'angry sparrow' sound.
I don't sound like that when I'm angry...

Sounds like metal on metal for sure. Hard to tell in the video where the origin is. Get it on a lift or jackstsnds and try and replicate it...

Cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

June '13 YJOTM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in