Shocks, locker, Shackle reversal - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-23-2002, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
cptnemo

Shocks, locker, Shackle reversal

I am gonna do a shackle reversal on my '93YJ. The kit is advertised as giving 2 inches of lift. Since I have 95,000 miles on the jeep, I believe I need shocks and am planning on replaceing them, but need to know if it OK to replace the stock shocks with stock replacements or do I need more travel or longer shocks? I will be installing a Positrax locker in the front end while I got the vehicle on the stand. If anyone has experience/suggestion, concerning these mods, it will be welcomed.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-24-2002, 06:56 AM
wckdyj

I belive that I have the same shackle reversal that you are looking to get. Full Traction will tell you that you dont need shocks but you really do. I broke two shock mounts. When you get new shocks whoever you buy them from will ask you how much lift you have. Dont replace them with stock shocks. If you have any questions when installing this lift feel free to ask me. I think that anything that could have gone wrong did.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-28-2002, 11:45 PM
CHm0074
1991 YJ Wrangler 

wckdyj, im also looking at the full traction shackle reversal....any comments or suggestions on the quality and the install would be great...when i bought my jeep it had some very long shackles and rancho 5000 shocks.....i dont like the shackles that are on it now but i wonder if the shocks will work with the full traction srs?

91 yj 4.0 auto 4 inch rough country 33 12.50s...mostly stock

post #4 of 5 Old 05-29-2002, 11:46 PM
ErikJordan
Pimp Hand

1995 YJ Wrangler 

get the cable "posi lock" for the front locker. well worth the money. allows you to have 3 wheel drive when turning, or in those slanted trails where posi front would pull you down.
my .02

What is all of this talk of Savvily designed products?
post #5 of 5 Old 06-02-2002, 07:28 PM
wckdyj

I had stock shocks on there for a while until the suspension flexed and I snaped one of the rear shock mount. Yes you will need to get longer (2") shocks. I got pro comp 3000's and I hate them if I could do it again I would get the DT3000's, from what I hear they ride smooth. The srs kit is great its the best mod I have done. My jeep rides much smoother now and the install was completely bolt on. Althogh the instructions arent that good the install is pretty straight forward. If you need any other info let me know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in