4Likes
  • 1 Post By Cman79
  • 1 Post By jbolty
  • 2 Post By jeeepguy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 06-30-2020, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Cman79

Remove AC in 94 4.0

Hi, Working on a 94 YJ with a 4.0. I’m pulling all the parts now. Anyone who’s done this does the alternator location change? Any different mounting brackets required? Any chance someone could share a belt part number? Just don’t see the need in what we’re building. Thabks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-30-2020, 05:35 PM
4Low2G0

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
IIRC, you just remove the compressor, the alt stays in place on the bracket that also held the compressor,
and use the belt for a non A/C 4.0 you'll need to find a belt routing diagram for non air.
Where are you? and what plans for the A/C parts I may be interested.

Whats over that next ridge?
post #3 of 10 Old 06-30-2020, 10:53 PM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Low2G0 View Post
Where are you? and what plans for the A/C parts I may be interested.
i was gonna say, why would anyone get rid of A/C if they are sticking with that motor?

Edit: *of the A/C compressor*

~YJOTM MAY '16, JULY '19~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 Old 07-01-2020, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Cman79

What’s the point? It won’t ever have a top or doors either. While everything else is apart just pulling some of the unnecessary stuff to get it out of the way.
Chrisnvegas likes this.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-01-2020, 12:49 PM
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinjeeper View Post
i was gonna say, why would anyone get rid of A/C if they are sticking with that motor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman79 View Post
Whats the point? It wont ever have a top or doors either. While everything else is apart just pulling some of the unnecessary stuff to get it out of the way.

I took mine out because all it did was blow cold air on my shins and toss around a lot of dust. I found an AMC Pacer in the junkyard with a 4.2 and a York compressor and moved the whole thing with bracket for on board air.
Chrisnvegas likes this.

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." Hubert Humphrey

post #6 of 10 Old 07-01-2020, 04:53 PM
jeeepguy

1998 ZJ 

Don't get rid of the compressor. Convert it to use as on board air.
NHfireLJ and bruinjeeper like this.

"Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
post #7 of 10 Old 07-01-2020, 06:56 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I yanked that AC crap. Already gave it away.

If I want air I'll drive my truck or car. Jeeps are not supposed to have a top or doors in the summer. It's a well known Jeep rule.

And note the Motorcraft FL1A oil filter. Use that filter for extra filtration and extra oil capacity.
That's your free Jeep tip of the day.
Attached Thumbnails
20200701_175555.jpg   20200701_175537.jpg  

"Alferd Packer: Stand up, you voracious, man-eating son of a *****, stand up! There was seven democrats in Hinsdale County and you up and ate five of them."
post #8 of 10 Old 07-01-2020, 08:59 PM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeepguy View Post
Don't get rid of the compressor. Convert it to use as on board air.
this was my point. I suppose i was misleading how i typed it out. It is such a useful thing that takes up no space at all. The only annoyance is now you cave to remove the belt to get at the front most spark plug

~YJOTM MAY '16, JULY '19~

post #9 of 10 Old 07-02-2020, 06:45 AM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

As mentioned OBA

AUDREY...95 YJ UNLIMITED LS

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495
SOLD

BETTY...94, Stroker 4.6,35"s, SOLD

style intake
post #10 of 10 Old Yesterday, 06:32 AM
bbrintnall
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I literally bypassed my AC compressor, removed 1 idler pulley, and bought a non-AC belt. I left the compressor because I'd like to eventually run OBA with that compressor or replace it with a York.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in