2Likes
  • 1 Post By bruinjeeper
  • 1 Post By Boojo35

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-17-2021, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
disarm6565
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Radiator/Grill Body Mount Bushing

I removed my grill the other day to change out a power steering hose and I apparently didn't torque the body mount down enough. I now need to buy a single body mount/bushing for just the radiator/grill and can't find it anywhere. I know I can buy a whole set and Morris4x4 sells the other bushings/mounts but I can't find just the radiator mount? Anyone know a source?

1993 4.0 AX-15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-17-2021, 11:21 AM
jbolty
Administrator

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by disarm6565 View Post
I removed my grill the other day to change out a power steering hose and I apparently didn't torque the body mount down enough. I now need to buy a single body mount/bushing for just the radiator/grill and can't find it anywhere. I know I can buy a whole set and Morris4x4 sells the other bushings/mounts but I can't find just the radiator mount? Anyone know a source?

I had the exact same issue and could not find the same part but I was able to fabricate something out of an old spring bushing and some washers. as long as the length is about the same it should be fine

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-17-2021, 11:21 AM
kevrags
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I got mine at https://store.partsdude4x4.com. I purchased the entire kit since my washers and bolt were trashed - https://stores.partsdude4x4.net/radi...t-bushing-kit/ - but they also have just the bushing set - https://stores.partsdude4x4.net/grill-bushing-set/.

Morris 4X4 does list a single bushing as well - https://www.morris4x4center.com/gril...-j0972278.html

post #4 of 7 Old 09-17-2021, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
disarm6565
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome, thanks y'all!

1993 4.0 AX-15
post #5 of 7 Old 09-17-2021, 08:01 PM
bruinjeeper
Moderation in Moderation

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hockey puck? Lol
Boojo35 likes this.

~YJOTM MAY '16, JULY '19~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 7 Old 09-18-2021, 12:58 AM
timatoe

1990 YJ Wrangler 

The center one?

I haven't ran one there since I did my front stretch ~ 5yrs ago. I cut the round cross member out to move the steering box forward and that's what the mount attaches to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-21-2021, 06:24 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinjeeper View Post
Hockey puck? Lol
Hockey puck is a strong suggestion... me likey....

Something tells me that you have fixed a few things with hockey tape also.

I have coached some youth hockey throughout the years. I really had kids convinced through my conviction to play hard. Do not worry about getting hurt. Example: If you rip an arm off, I can put it back on with hockey tape and you will skate back to the bench in seconds free of pain. My son really bought into this. There were a few times when something went wrong and broke when I was at work and he insured my wife that Dad will fix it with hockey tape when he gets home. I must confess that I cheated a few times and used metal brackets and screws and such to fix something difficult and then put hockey tape over the repair to make him believe that it really worked. Damn... It was fun having such a trusting and gullible son.
bruinjeeper likes this.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in