Problems finishing Rough Country lift - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-11-2019, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Barry69

Problems finishing Rough Country lift

Hi all, I know the knock on RC lifts. I have a 94 yj stays on the street, wife bought new. I have a 2.5 inch RC lift installed, but the last side (passenger rear) I cant line up the nipple on the springs into the hole in the axel perch plate. The spring is about a 1/4 inch off to the wheel side of the hole. I need to get the axel to come towards the passenger side. It doesn't look like anything is bent, the other side went on smooth. I have read where maybe I need to unhook the rear track bar? The directions didn't say to, but would this help? Thanks in advance for your help and guidance. This is a father and son build, and right now we are at a stand still. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-11-2019, 11:08 AM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

You should un hook the track bar and throw it away.

It'll slide in then

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
post #3 of 5 Old 03-11-2019, 11:08 AM
04TJ-jeeper

1990 YJ Wrangler 

it's most likely the track bar. it'll hold your axle to one side or the other, your instructions may not mention it since most lifts tell you the track bar wont be re used.

THE RULES OF LOGIC ARE BENT ON TWO OCCASIONS, MAGIC SHOWS AND MILITARY WORKING HOURS

post #4 of 5 Old 03-11-2019, 11:18 AM
stephencbrinson
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The track bar will definitely cause the axle to move to the side. I would ditch the track bar. You will have a much better ride without it.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

1992 YJ, 2.5L, AX5, D30, D35, 2.5 RE lift
Daniel 3:18
Ephesians 2:1-12
post #5 of 5 Old 03-11-2019, 05:49 PM
Boojo35
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Probably the track bar. If you jack up the left spring the axle will move to the left of the vehicle.

I take it that you have the front of your springs bolted in.... Good move. I hope that they are not torqued or tight yet though.

I assume from your post that you also have already installed the rear shackles. If so, that could be part of your problem. I find that it is easiest to mount the front of the spring loosely. Locate the axles and install the ubolts just snug enough for the locator pins to engage and then install the rear shackles. If you already tightened stuff like shackles etc to where it can not move around you are going to fight it.

The last thing is to test fit the locator pin into the springs without anything else hooked up. Make sure it fits and you are not fighting a burr or peened over pin or something.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in