3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 32 Old 05-12-2020, 10:06 PM
YJ94TX
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post
Keep us posted. Take some pictures.
We love reading about Jeeps and looking at Jeep stuff.
Will do. Here is my main build thread - 94 YJ Sahara Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 Old 05-15-2020, 07:31 AM
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like its going to be a beast!!! If you need a little extra support OME does offer full length add a leaves for their packs.
YJ94TX likes this.
post #18 of 32 Old 05-18-2020, 12:06 AM
YJ94TX
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Keep us posted. Take some pictures.
We love reading about Jeeps and looking at Jeep stuff.
Chris, did you go with SYE, or is it not needed with this 2.5" lift? I think I am going to go with just the OME lift and 1" body lift and 1" MML. I have SYE on my list to do but not sure if I have to do it with the lift or it can be added later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 32 Old 05-18-2020, 12:57 AM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ94TX View Post
Chris, did you go with SYE, or is it not needed with this 2.5" lift? I think I am going to go with just the OME lift and 1" body lift and 1" MML. I have SYE on my list to do but not sure if I have to do it with the lift or it can be added later.
Not yet but it's on the list.
They definitely cheaped out on the rear driveline.
It works but I don't like it.

Make sure to install new u-joints (rear) when you do the lift.
I don't have any vibration. I change the U-joints regularly instead of waiting for them to fail.
The Spicer brand u-joints are only 20 bucks but they seem like pretty good quality.
You'll get by for a while...

Societies that are truly free can survive only if an open debate and an uncensored exchange of ideas can take place
post #20 of 32 Old 05-18-2020, 07:56 AM
YJ94TX
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I don't have any vibration. I change the U-joints regularly instead of waiting for them to fail.

The Spicer brand u-joints are only 20 bucks but they seem like pretty good quality.

Thanks Chris. That's what I thought but wanted to confirm.

I'm getting a good price on the Bilstein 5100 shocks so I'm going to go with those.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

post #21 of 32 Old 05-19-2020, 11:01 PM
Mercenary911
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this one...
post #22 of 32 Old 04-27-2021, 11:32 PM
nivjen

Quote:

ok cant believe its been a year and I am just getting around to install the lift. My build became a full frame off rebuild. More on that later...

Chris - did you install the OME OE bushings later on? I got the MORE shackles with the greasable bushings and bolts but they dont seem to work with the OME SB57 OE bushings. The metal sleeves that come with the MORE kit are shorter than the overall width of the installed OME bushings.
post #23 of 32 Old 04-28-2021, 12:22 AM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

1986 MJ Comanche 

we run 33s on our YJ with 36Rs on all 4 corners and 3/8" MORE shackles. We also went with the Bilstein shocks, but as Chris said, it's personal taste.

we have a soft top, but a 9500lb winch and bumper, tire carrier, steel center console and steel insta-trunk. Rides great.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" SOLD

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #24 of 32 Old 04-28-2021, 04:40 PM
KfoySTL
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Luuca--do you have a body lift or did your 33s fit with just the OME and shackles?
post #25 of 32 Old 04-28-2021, 06:56 PM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

1986 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KfoySTL View Post
Luuca--do you have a body lift or did your 33s fit with just the OME and shackles?
I skipped the body lift because of the issues with the factory fan. No other lift, just 36Rs, 3/8 boom shackles.

I'm doing the exact same lift on my sons YJ this Saturday. Ill post pics in the What did you do to your YJ thread.

IMO the lift from the 2.5" OME shocks is more along the lines of 3" if your rig is not a heavyweight. Even after 5 years, my daughter's YJ hasn't sagged at all.

We did do the TJ flares on hers. This opens up the wheel wells a little.

EDIT: In terms of driveline angles, IMO you will need an SYE or Hack-n-Tap to correct the rear angles. For about 4 months, I used a homebrew TC Drop on my daughters YJ. Ill post pics of my stock rear driveshaft angles here on this thread once I we are done. We already have the SYE to install, just trying to get the lift on first so once we install the SYE Kit, we can measure and order the Adams driveshafts.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017

post #26 of 32 Old 04-29-2021, 06:47 AM
KfoySTL
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Luuca--that sounds great. I look forward to seeing what you've got going. I wasn't planning on an SYE based on what I've read, but really I don't know enough about drive shaft angles to predict what I will/won't need. This has been a really helpful thread! Thanks to the OP and Chris.
post #27 of 32 Old 04-29-2021, 09:41 PM
SevenSlotAddict
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I was a bit shocked OME springs are made in Malaysia. RE is made in India. BDS are still made in the USA if that matters to you.
post #28 of 32 Old 04-30-2021, 08:22 AM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

1986 MJ Comanche 

It's a global economy. While i empathize with you on the Made in America sentiment, OME, IMO, is simply the best bang for the buck. They are street soft and trail flexy.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017

post #29 of 32 Old 04-30-2021, 05:29 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have a 1" body lift. I have the MORE 1" aluminum lift pucks. They are used along with the original rubber body mounts.
Plenty of room for 33's.

I used my OEM sleeves and cut them down to the width of the included OME sleeve. The OEM sleeves were much better quality than the cheap looking sleeve included.
Measure and make your own sleeves. Use the OEM ones of you still have them. They're made out of good steel.

Societies that are truly free can survive only if an open debate and an uncensored exchange of ideas can take place
post #30 of 32 Old 05-01-2021, 05:00 PM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

1986 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Quote:
Luuca--that sounds great. I look forward to seeing what you've got going. I wasn't planning on an SYE based on what I've read, but really I don't know enough about drive shaft angles to predict what I will/won't need. This has been a really helpful thread! Thanks to the OP and Chris.
Here is how the Jeep sits on 2.5" OME 36rs, 3/8" MORE boomerang shackles, no shocks with brand new Cepek 33x10.5R15 AT tires.

final.jpg

Here is my rear driveshaft angle in that configuration:

driveshaft-angle.jpg

I am installing an Advanced Adapters SYE in the coming weeks.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in