Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

November '21 YJOTM - Enter Now!

5K views 43 replies 9 participants last post by  mark1305 
#1 ·
I'm not quite sure how we're gonna follow up that stOCkTOBER line-up, but the show must go on. Now accepting entries for the November 2021 edition of YJOTM!

SOME RULES and REGS, SHALL WE??
Any applicants must have 50 technical posts and had been a member since the last calendar month respectively. Winners of the contest cannot enter again for an entire calendar year but everyone is welcome to enter every month.

IF you want in, please PM the following to me:
-Username
-YJ year of production
-Specifications and modifications
-Brief history of your jeep and how it came to be
-Up to four pictures tags embedded into entry
[/I]
[B]~DISCLAIMER~[/B] Do not enter a bunch of fancy formatting like bolding or italics or size changes or emoticons/emoji's. We wanna see content, not how well you know your way around a keyboard. Do not post collages. Four pictures means 4 individual pictures of your rig.

[B][U]Why should you enter?[/U][/B]
As always the winner will receive a 1 year paid member status here on Jeepforum as well as a $200 credit from Quadratec!! (Thank you [USER=195663]@Quadratec[/USER] , you absolutely rule!). YJOTM winners from each month will go into the YJOTY contest unchanged, and unmodified and automatically qualify for the /f12 calendar (special thanks to [USER=433686]@daddyjeep87[/USER] on this note). Not to mention it's fun, inclusive and rewarding.

See less See more
#13 ·
Not allowed anymore because of the fear of ThIS ReAL DeADLy ViRuS

I've even been forced to drop out of my men's league teams (they asked for my papers, I ain't vaccinated nor will I ever be).

I haven't played hockey in 1.5 years FFS because these corrupt globalist fleabags want/need to reset the monetary system to one centralized ******** digital banking system and these thin-skinned leftist totalitarians are too weak to just say it... they need to operate under the guise of a DeADLy ViRuS narrative to ensure we can't enjoy a ******** game of shinny hockey on a wide open frozen lake while they do it.

...but I digress. Apologies.

#30 ·
Well Bruin, I gotta say, your 'bumps' make the YJOTM waaaay more interesting and entertaining and fun to click on! :grin2:

Reactions: Towny72
#31 ·
come on ladies (well we used to have one lady here, she went off on a tangent about my bumps and we never heard from her again) and gents!

6 entries! This is going up on the 25th!

now CLEAN up that spill of a write-up and submit!

Attachments

#38 ·
i know i said this would go up last night... but then the damn Dodge Journey lost power on my way home from work as the dash started lighting up like a christmas tree. I crawled home in limp mode on battery power only. Was able to pull into my spot, and shut her down. She wouldn't start back up.

That began an evening of troubleshooting. Sorry fellas... will get this up tomorrow night! Happy belated Thanksgiving folks!

EDIT: in case any folks are curious - battery charged right up and tested okay. getting 11.1 amps while running... so, i took apart all grounds and the positive leads... cleaned up, dielectric grease. No change. Changed battery positive and ground. No change. So, we are either down to needing a new alternator (picking up tomorrow) or the computer just wont tell the current alternator to charge it. :dunno:

I certainly hope it is not the latter, but tonight i'll have to rip out the alternator on this stupid cramped engine bay design. Silver lining? was able to locate and fix a brutal exhaust leak on this hunk of crap.

#39 ·
i know i said this would go up last night... but then the damn Dodge Journey lost power on my way home from work as the dash started lighting up like a christmas tree. I crawled home in limp mode on battery power only. Was able to pull into my spot, and shut her down. She wouldn't start back up.

That began an evening of troubleshooting. Sorry fellas... will get this up tomorrow night! Happy belated Thanksgiving folks!

EDIT: in case any folks are curious - battery charged right up and tested okay. getting 11.1 amps while running... so, i took apart all grounds and the positive leads... cleaned up, dielectric grease. No change. Changed battery positive and ground. No change. So, we are either down to needing a new alternator (picking up tomorrow) or the computer just wont tell the current alternator to charge it. :dunno:

I certainly hope it is not the latter, but tonight i'll have to rip out the alternator on this stupid cramped engine bay design. Silver lining? was able to locate and fix a brutal exhaust leak on this hunk of crap.
I feel your pain... Dear wife's Caravan fell on its face dropping the kids off at school a few weeks back. I was able to swing by the house as the tow truck dropped it off and tested the battery at .47 volts.
The battery was 10 years old so I just replaced it and soon as I got the new battery in and started the van up the alternator started smoking.
Dam that alternator was expensive and I had to remove the air filter housing, intake ducting, front engine wiring harness and most of the cooling system, to include the electric fan just to see the darn thing.
On the plus side I got to change the belt for a new one when I was working on it so time saved later...:grin2:

#42 ·
Believe it or not this is an alternator I deliver from the top. Dont get me wrong, I up and down it with the hoist to get the belt off and maybe the one connector, bottom bolt, etc. Not all variations of the Chryslers are the same. I do have the advantage of an AC machine so a quick recovery of the system to move an ac line helps. Not sure if this is the vehicle but popping one of the lines off the AC compressor makes all kinds of room. A lot of vehicles have a fan that is not that bad to get out. I am not sure on this one. I positively do not move the AC compressor though. Hell no. All Data and FSMs do not always have the best way to get something out. Sometimes on the other hand though they offer up the ONLY way to get it out. Last. I think I own every version of a wobble socket known to man. I know that having a hoist to work on puts oneself at about a %1000 percent advantage on many things. I would like to have one at home someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.