LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 45 Old 07-10-2019, 11:44 AM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

There are other sites like Greatlakes 4x4

https://www.greatlakes4x4.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Fault codes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mean Max pics of everything:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How to use Google to search the forum:

No Start:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 Old 07-10-2019, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
bscanland70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
He didn't make it to the warehouse yesterday. One may fall off a truck today. I'll let you know when I know.
Please let me know as soon as you do know because if you got the whole lot (wire harness and ECU) stashed I will be very interested. Thanks for the help

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
post #33 of 45 Old 07-11-2019, 12:17 AM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

1986 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscanland70 View Post
Please let me know as soon as you do know because if you got the whole lot (wire harness and ECU) stashed I will be very interested. Thanks for the help

We regret to inform you that after 3 hours of cleaning up his shop and searching, we could only find a body harness. My apologies. The one on Ebay may be your best bet. AFAIK your XJ 4.0 manual ECU should plug and play.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" SOLD

Luck Favours The Prepared

post #34 of 45 Old 07-11-2019, 06:58 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We regret to inform you that after 3 hours of cleaning up his shop and searching, we could only find a body harness. My apologies. The one on Ebay may be your best bet. AFAIK your XJ 4.0 manual ECU should plug and play.
Can confirm the XJ computer is plug and play. You will get 2 or 3 more codes than normal since you dont have the fuel pump bypass relay the electric rad fan and there is one other one. I had the same ECM he has just sent it back turned out I didnt need it.

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
post #35 of 45 Old 07-13-2019, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
bscanland70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
Can confirm the XJ computer is plug and play. You will get 2 or 3 more codes than normal since you dont have the fuel pump bypass relay the electric rad fan and there is one other one. I had the same ECM he has just sent it back turned out I didnt need it.
Problem is wiring everything back together because this makes it not plug and play at all

post #36 of 45 Old 07-13-2019, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
bscanland70

Quote:
Well that kinda sucks for me thanks for looking

post #37 of 45 Old 07-15-2019, 06:39 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscanland70 View Post
Problem is wiring everything back together because this makes it not plug and play at all

The computer is plug and play not the harness. The connector on the YJ harness plugs right into the XJ computer no resplicing wires or anything.

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Quote:
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
post #38 of 45 Old 07-15-2019, 10:15 AM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

You can get a 4 cylinder harness and easily adapt it to your rig. There are a few thing you need to lengthen and add the 2 injector circuits but its easy. There are way more 4 cylinder harness available and they are cheaper.

Fault codes:

No Start:
post #39 of 45 Old 07-15-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
bscanland70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
The computer is plug and play not the harness. The connector on the YJ harness plugs right into the XJ computer no resplicing wires or anything.
And well there lies the problem look at the pics lol

post #40 of 45 Old 07-16-2019, 07:00 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I understand that all I am saying that a YJ harness would be your best bet. Que is great and call walk you through adding the 2 injectors and lenghtening the 2 sensors so a 4 banger harness will work for your 4.0. He walked me through troubleshooting the harness on more than one occasion. Once he did it while I was still suffering from my 3rd major concussion in 3 months and a bruised brain. Ig he could walk me through it he can walk anyone through it. Just follow his instructions to a T.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
post #41 of 45 Old 07-17-2019, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
bscanland70

I found a proper harness and it is being sent to me as I type this God I wanna get this beast running. I can't wait

post #42 of 45 Old 07-18-2019, 05:55 AM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Before you put the new harness in use your cell and take pics of everything you have going currently. Pull the old harness out and compare the 2 of them side by side. Pay close attention to the bulkhead connector. There is a strong chance with that much smoke let out of the harness there was peripheral damage. Be patient and you will get it.

Fault codes:

No Start:
post #43 of 45 Old 07-18-2019, 06:08 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Patience is everything. I use the statement at work that if I don't have the time to do it right this time, how am I going to have the time to do it over and over? I am not slow or lazy buy any means, but also don't care if somebody is in a bigger rush than what is reasonable. I love it when I get asked how much longer? I always answer, "the whole time". It is not an exact science, not every repair is the same, especially in the salt belt. As Que said. Be patient. Be observative. Be thorough.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.
post #44 of 45 Old 07-25-2019, 11:41 AM
Mechman71
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'm with Que and the guys, I'd stick with the YJ harness. A couple guys locally part YJs for a living and more than likely have the harness and ECU that you need. Call them, they may be willing to ship:

Steve (609) 529-6188 in Manahawkin NJ, advertises on Craigslist. I've bought a few parts from him, he parts a LOT of YJs.

Jim Diamond @ cj5.com has a warehouse full of old Jeep parts (lots and lots of YJ stuff) in Pemberton, NJ, I've known him for decades. http://cj5.com
bscanland70 likes this.

'89 YJ "Night Eagle" 4.2 5spd, Spinnaker blue/grey, hard top and doors, mostly stock and RUST FREE!!
post #45 of 45 Old 09-13-2019, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
bscanland70

Well I got it all spliced back together the yj is running again now to take the drum brakes lol thanks all for the help and tips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in