LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 44 Old 07-08-2019, 05:18 PM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscanland70 View Post
Thanks

I am going to go with the theory that sometime somewhere it was hooked up wrong as in someone tried to boost it and had the wrong terminals. After all the reading I have done that's the best I could come up with. As for the rest of it.

I have pulled a replacement ECU and pigtail harness off a 94 Cherokee but now I have to figure out what wire is what so I can splice them back in. I have pulled all wiring from any devices or attached lights winches off the unit to make sure this is not the problem.

So I guess in short I am looking for wire schematics Soni can play brain surgeon

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Wiring diagrams are easy. Factory manuals for both harnesses. What you are going to find is the xj and yj sensors change after 92. The neutral safety switch is going to have to be wired with the 92 jumper.

Are you planning on using the entire xj engine harness?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fault codes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mean Max pics of everything:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How to use Google to search the forum:

No Start:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 44 Old 07-08-2019, 08:49 PM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have a line on a 1993 YJ 4.0 harness for $150 + UPS if you are not set on repinning the XJ harness. I will confirm tomorrow afternoon.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost"

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #18 of 44 Old 07-09-2019, 04:58 AM
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
I have a line on a 1993 YJ 4.0 harness for $150 + UPS if you are not set on repinning the XJ harness. I will confirm tomorrow afternoon.
I would get the yj harness. The xj harness will work but placement of the pdc and engine computer will be different. The sensors did change for the cam/crank and a couple changes through the bulkhead and c112.

Do yourself a favor and use the yj harness.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fault codes:

Mean Max pics of everything:

How to use Google to search the forum:

No Start:

post #19 of 44 Old 07-09-2019, 07:05 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have a new/used ecm from a Cherokee as a matter of fact but the wiring harness is different and I need to find a wiring pin out for the 92yj so that I can match up the wires to the 94 Cherokee pigtail

Which pin out? You should be able to hook the CHerokee harness up to your sensors. YOu should only have to splice at the I beleive 20 pin connector to hook up to the under dash harness. I will have to look I think I have a wiring diagram possibly for both.

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
post #20 of 44 Old 07-09-2019, 07:06 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Scratch that @Que89YJ is here listen to him he will get you straight alot quicker and easier than pretty much anyone

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Quote:
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
post #21 of 44 Old 07-09-2019, 09:40 AM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
Which pin out? You should be able to hook the CHerokee harness up to your sensors. YOu should only have to splice at the I beleive 20 pin connector to hook up to the under dash harness. I will have to look I think I have a wiring diagram possibly for both.
Quote:
Scratch that @Que89YJ is here listen to him he will get you straight alot quicker and easier than pretty much anyone
The issue is that the YJ computer is on the firewall and the XJ computer is on the drivers side fender wall. If you dont mind moving your YJ air box, it will go in as it would on a XJ. or you end up with 3' of wiring bunched up under the brake booster.. The physical "extra" harness you end up with and the issues of trying to make it fit are challenging.

I know because we used an XJ harness on the Wilicon project and ran into similar issues. We actually ended up getting the steering column from the XJ as well as the body harness even though we already had a TJ body harness and column. we wired it up as a 98 XJ.

Waiting on my guy to get to his warehouse to verify he has the harness. Will respond once I know for sure.
Siva283 likes this.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost"

post #22 of 44 Old 07-09-2019, 09:56 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The issue is that the YJ computer is on the firewall and the XJ computer is on the drivers side fender wall. If you dont mind moving your YJ air box, it will go in as it would on a XJ. or you end up with 3' of wiring bunched up under the brake booster.. The physical "extra" harness you end up with and the issues of trying to make it fit are challenging.

I know because we used an XJ harness on the Wilicon project and ran into similar issues. We actually ended up getting the steering column from the XJ as well as the body harness even though we already had a TJ body harness and column. we wired it up as a 98 XJ.

Waiting on my guy to get to his warehouse to verify he has the harness. Will respond once I know for sure.
Ugh I want to be involved theres now checking with guys and warehouses its like a huge back alley deal..... I got these jeep parts man....
bscanland70 likes this.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
post #23 of 44 Old 07-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ugh I want to be involved theres now checking with guys and warehouses its like a huge back alley deal..... I got these jeep parts man....
Wait, it gets better..

He's a longshoreman by trade and his warehouse in in the port... oooo ahhh mysterious
bscanland70 likes this.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost"

post #24 of 44 Old 07-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Wait, it gets better..

He's a longshoreman by trade and his warehouse in in the port... oooo ahhh mysterious
Does he have a name like Jimmy the Shovel or Lucky Luciano ot TOny the Butcher
Luuca likes this.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
post #25 of 44 Old 07-09-2019, 10:33 AM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Does he have a name like Jimmy the Shovel or Lucky Luciano ot TOny the Butcher
I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of such peoples.
Boojo35 and bscanland70 like this.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost"

post #26 of 44 Old 07-09-2019, 10:34 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of such peoples.
Your only making it worse.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
post #27 of 44 Old 07-09-2019, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
bscanland70

How much to have the whole lot shipped to Canada ?? Calgary AB Canada

post #28 of 44 Old 07-09-2019, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
bscanland70

Quote:

Waited with bated breathe

post #29 of 44 Old 07-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Waited with bated breathe

He didn't make it to the warehouse yesterday. One may fall off a truck today. I'll let you know when I know.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost"

post #30 of 44 Old 07-10-2019, 09:06 AM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How much to have the whole lot shipped to Canada ?? Calgary AB Canada

I dunno man, that's some ebay item i found. click the link and ask the questions.

91 YJ "Alice"
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in