Moipar MPFI kit - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 05-08-2020, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
jeeepguy

1998 ZJ 

Moipar MPFI kit

Picking up an '89 YJ and want to convert it to MPFI. Does anyone have a lead on getting one of these kits? Yes, I am aware of a motor swap but would rather gett the kit if possible.

TIA

"Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-08-2020, 01:25 PM
jbolty
Administrator

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
I looked into it and decided on the Howell, because it was half the price. Neither kit is ever on sale but I think there some JF discounts from the vendor for a little off

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 Old 05-08-2020, 01:53 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

While we're waiting for someone to comment about the MPFI, I just wanted to note that Holley makes a specific Sniper kit for the 258 now.
Originally I was going to suggest a big block but...

Societies that are truly free can survive only if an open debate and an uncensored exchange of ideas can take place

post #4 of 13 Old 05-08-2020, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
jeeepguy

1998 ZJ 

Unless I can find someone that has an MPFI kit left as NOS, I'll probably be stuck doing an engine swap. And can't use the Sniper since its not emissions legal.

Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
post #5 of 13 Old 05-09-2020, 10:01 AM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
‘You sure about that, Willis?

[size=“3”]Shackles & D-rings are different things.
Cranking IS turning over
post #6 of 13 Old 05-11-2020, 07:58 AM
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Holley and Howell both say their kits are 50 state legal. TBI not MPFI but it's still injection.
post #7 of 13 Old 05-11-2020, 01:36 PM
danthman

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
I have the mopar efi on my 87 and it has stickers for the hood that says its 50 state smog exempt. if you cant find a "mopar" kit look for a hesco kit. hesco was who made it. I havnt seen them in awhile but you may get lucky and find one...
but theres something you need to be aware of is that it was designed for a stock engine. so no boosted compression or "hot" cams. another thing is it doesn't allow use of the stock tach, or so they say but I figured it out on mine.

"money talks, mine always says goodbye"
post #8 of 13 Old 05-11-2020, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
jeeepguy

1998 ZJ 

Thanks for the info... I have installed a few of these in the past... wish they were still available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadslram View Post
Holley and Howell both say their kits are 50 state legal. TBI not MPFI but it's still injection.
Direct from the Holley website... "This part is legal for sale and use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles and Racing Use Only Vehicles." "WARNING: It is against the law to install this part on an Emissions Controlled Vehicle"

Doug Patton
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Think about it...
post #9 of 13 Old 05-11-2020, 02:37 PM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I live about 2 or 3 miles from the border.
Send yourself some letters and register it here.

Damn nannies.

It would run cleaner with aftermarket FI.
So it's not about pollution. Must be about money.

Societies that are truly free can survive only if an open debate and an uncensored exchange of ideas can take place
post #10 of 13 Old 05-11-2020, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
jeeepguy

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post
Must be about money.
It is about money... to get a CAA sticker (49 State) would cost Holley near $$10,000 and to get a CARB sticker (50 State) would be even more. Its a matter of economics.

And its not street legal in any state right now.

Doug Patton
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Think about it...
post #11 of 13 Old 05-11-2020, 04:07 PM
jbolty
Administrator

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas View Post
I live about 2 or 3 miles from the border.
Send yourself some letters and register it here.

Damn nannies.

It would run cleaner with aftermarket FI.
So it's not about pollution. Must be about money.
When I got my first smog after the Howell install it took a while but I brought all the paperwork and instructions so it was fine. Except, after passing visual and inspection and sniff. "Bad news. I can't pass it because the timing is out of spec" So I go home, reset the timing and get it passed. But, the emission numbers were dirtier the second time. So yeah, it's mostly about money and box checking.

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 13 Old 05-13-2020, 08:20 AM
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeepguy View Post
Thanks for the info... I have installed a few of these in the past... wish they were still available.

Direct from the Holley website... "This part is legal for sale and use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles and Racing Use Only Vehicles." "WARNING: It is against the law to install this part on an Emissions Controlled Vehicle"
I guess I was looking at a different system. The Sniper isn't but the atomic and QFI are.
Atomic
Quote:
This part is legal for sale and use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, in all 50 states, when used in accordance with the manufacturers application guide because it has a California Air Resources Board (CARB) Executive Order (EO) number.

The following vehicles are considered Emissions Controlled Vehicles:

1966 and newer U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
1968 and newer U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
1968 and newer Foreign manufactured vehicle
C.A.R.B. EO #D-722
QFI
Quote:
This part is legal for sale or use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles, and Racing Use Only Vehicles because it does not affect vehicle emissions and is not covered by emissions regulations.
post #13 of 13 Old 05-13-2020, 10:21 AM
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I have the Morpar kit and I got it from Hesco. They still have them and support them with parts. Call them and talk to Benny.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in