Moab 2021 - JeepForum.com
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 06-09-2021, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Moab 2021

Talk about a clean break! I’m not sure a band saw could do such a clean cut. Lol.

Edit: K. Screwed this up trying to post on the I phone. Obviously I hit a new thread instead of posting in the original. Doh! Mods feel free to move it over and delete. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
E850C681-602B-44FA-A131-8D25741FE13E_1623276760950.jpg  

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 06-09-2021, 04:25 PM
bruinjeeper
Moderation in Moderation

1995 YJ Wrangler 

~YJOTM MAY '16, JULY '19~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 Old 06-12-2021, 08:57 PM
calisk8er1080

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
I think I'd be too impressed to be upset if that happened to me

Been MIA from here for a while... I'm trying to be active in this community again.

post #4 of 29 Old 06-12-2021, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Actually I was impressed with the break... and not upset... but now that I look at the pic more closely, I see a ton of water spots on the paint... oy vey'!

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
post #5 of 29 Old 06-13-2021, 01:34 AM
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Almost looks like the metal had a flaw.
Nice cut though.

Societies that are truly free can survive only if an open debate and an uncensored exchange of ideas can take place
post #6 of 29 Old 06-13-2021, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Shafts were installed per PO. I have no idea what brand they are? But that's been 5 years of me wheeling on them, and what ever the PO did on them... so not too bummed. And I'm sure the bearing flopping around did'nt help matters.

post #7 of 29 Old 06-13-2021, 10:19 PM
calisk8er1080

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Shafts were installed per PO. I have no idea what brand they are? But that's been 5 years of me wheeling on them, and what ever the PO did on them... so not too bummed. And I'm sure the bearing flopping around did'nt help matters.
Yea I'd be pretty happy with that myself tbh.
I'm still trying to figure out how the original u joints on my JKs dana turdy haven't exploded yet with 115k miles, 35s and a locker...
I'm not gentle on that thing....

Been MIA from here for a while... I'm trying to be active in this community again.
post #8 of 29 Old 06-29-2021, 08:26 PM
Louie4

1935 CJ2A 

So, last year I was planning on going to Moab and my buddy had a plane ticket and then COVID hit.

Well, our wives got together and got an Airbnb and and plane ticket.

So, my buddy and I are going to Moab September 10-13th.

Ironically, I found a brake buddy for $65 on OfferUp the Friday before Fathers Day and my wife was suspicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #9 of 29 Old 07-02-2021, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
So, last year I was planning on going to Moab and my buddy had a plane ticket and then COVID hit.

Well, our wives got together and got an Airbnb and and plane ticket.

So, my buddy and I are going to Moab September 10-13th.

Ironically, I found a brake buddy for $65 on OfferUp the Friday before Fathers Day and my wife was suspicious.

Well, not knowing what next year is going to bring, (possibly in the middle of moving) I was honestly thinking about a fall trip to make up for the break up.
Still waiting for the RCV's to come in... should be soon. (hope!) So, gonna kick that idea around a bit. Play it by ear for now.

Aside from that... you really need more time than just 3 days Louie... but it's better than nothing.
shaggyjim likes this.

post #10 of 29 Old 07-02-2021, 06:48 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
You know. I randomly thought of a scenario this morning where a bearing could cause this break. It got me to rethinking one that personally happened to me on a FWD car that we owned and our daughter used for her College ride.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.
post #11 of 29 Old 07-02-2021, 10:17 PM
Louie4

1935 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Well, not knowing what next year is going to bring, (possibly in the middle of moving) I was honestly thinking about a fall trip to make up for the break up.
Still waiting for the RCV's to come in... should be soon. (hope!) So, gonna kick that idea around a bit. Play it by ear for now.

Aside from that... you really need more time than just 3 days Louie... but it's better than nothing.

I know. But this was a gracious gift even for a few days and Iím going to get a taste of Moab so I can go back.

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #12 of 29 Old 07-18-2021, 01:07 PM
Louie4

1935 CJ2A 

Any list of must bring things when I go? Do I need to go ahead and get a park pass?

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #13 of 29 Old 07-18-2021, 02:00 PM
shaggyjim
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Any list of must bring things when I go? Do I need to go ahead and get a park pass?

Lots of water and sunscreen, beer if you like and if you can download trail maps on Gaia GPS or other mapping apps for smartphones. They are super nice to have along on trails if you’ve never been on them before. Are you bringing the kids Louie?
post #14 of 29 Old 07-18-2021, 04:58 PM
timatoe

1990 YJ Wrangler 

You only need a pass if you're going into Arches or Canyon Lands. I believe both are now free entry for all veterans (don't know if you are or not) but definitely are for disabled vets with a Veterans Access Pass. Hells Revenge and Fins and Things are both part of a county park and you pay at the gate (they weren't taking cash when we were there) $5 a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
post #15 of 29 Old 07-18-2021, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

First thing, if ya don't have one, is get the Moab trail book.
https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Moab-Ba...s%2C206&sr=1-3

If ya don't have a pass for the parks, you can go into Arches for free via Willow springs road that is almost adjacent to 313, just N. of Moab. Canyonlands NP you will need a pass or pay and you have to get a permit for Elephant Hill.
With just 3 days it's hard to choose what to do. Hell's should be a must and if you're taking the Gladiator, should be no prob. EH is freak'n awesome and one of my favs, but ya need a whole day starting early since it's 75 miles away.

Since it's your first time I highly recommend the book! It not only provides maps and GPS points, but tells all about each and every trail and that can help you pick and choose let alone navigate!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in