March '20 YJOTM - Vote Now!! - JeepForum.com
View Poll Results: Who is your March Madness YJOTM elect?
shaggyjim 7 26.92%
jeep108 5 19.23%
Jmkaiser 2 7.69%
jcourt667 0 0%
NHfireLJ 8 30.77%
Louie4 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

8Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 03-27-2020, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

March '20 YJOTM - Vote Now!!

We're in for a treat on the back of a three headed deathmatch in February! This is going to be good, vote early, think hard. Good luck to all!

Voter Rules
1st rule of YJOTM is you do not vote for yourself.
2nd rule of YJOTM is you DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF.
3rd rule of YJOTM is you do NOT solicit votes from outside JF or within JF. Investigations have been held, jeeps have been disqualified. DON'T do it!
4th rule of YJOTM is all nonsupporting members must post when you vote or it will not be counted. Paid members do not have to post when voting.
5th rule of YJOTM is all voters will remain public as to promote self moderation

Up for grabs: Bragging rights for March 2020 YJOTM and $200 gift cert. from Qtec (Thank you @Quadratec - you rock). REMINDER: All YJOTM winners are automatically entered for the chance at being voted for the illustrious title of YJOTY as well as inclusion on the /f12 Calendar. Let's Git'r DONE!

Username: shaggyjim
1992 YJ

High milage 4.0L and TF999 auto trans.
- NP231 with a Teraflex Super short output and 1350 yoke.
- 1350 rear cv drive shaft and stock front shaft.
- 35 spline Ford 9 with a true Hi 9 center chunk with a ARB and 4.88s rear axle.
- 1977 Ford high pinion Dana 44 with chromemoly shafts, Yukon Super Joints, ARB, Chevy knuckles with high steer arms, 1.5x0.250 wall DOM steering with 1 ton Chevy tie rods ends, 4.86 gears for a front axle.
- Old BFG KM2s in 35x12.50 R15 with American Racing rims 5 on 5.5 lugs
- Warn Zeon 10 and Hi lift for recovery
- Smittybuilt bumper and swing out tire mount.
- Softtoppers frameless soft top and factory hard top with early CJ full doors.
- Exceptionally good looking and well-maintained interior if Im setting in it but otherwise mostly dusty stock without carpet rocking two nice PRP suspension seats with matching seatbelts when Im not.
- SUA in the rear with 4WD parts 5 inch lift springs for now and Alcan 0 lift SOA springs for the front.
- Genright aluminum flat fenders and rocker guards with TJ Electric Lime Green paint to finish off the exterior.
- I still need a roll cage and PRP bench for the kids in the rear and I hope to have that in soon.

- History: I picked up this YJ in 1996 and it was my first new off a lot rig I had ever purchased. It was a solid black Sport with the large tube bumpers and running boards. I have been through a lot of versions with this YJ and it has helped me come to the understanding that I have a compulsive need to upgrade and modify everything I own. This epiphany about six months ago has saved me quite a bit of money even if it has led me to scrap some modification ideas for the Jeep. This Jeep has performed well beyond the expectations I had for it when I picked it up. I have driven it to Alaska and back, rolled it, had it stolen, ran it to 200k, taught three kids to drive in it, and one wife how to enjoy terror at less than walking speed. At this point Im just about happy with it.. well maybe after a four inch rear stretch. Ya, then Im good.

Username: jeep108
1990 YJ Sahara,

-5 Speed AX15
-swapped the original carbureted 4.2 for an efi 4.0 (No fancy kits here, used a cherokee pcm and a 4 banger yj harness modded to fire the 2 extra cylinders)
-swapped the original 3.07 geared axles for some with Detroit trutrac limited slip and 4.56 gears. (Yes, still running a Dana 35)
-Installed 1.25" body lift,
-Installed abroken in set of used, Canadian made 4" RC springs
-Installed 1 motor mounts
-Installed home brew transfer case drop
-TJ Sahara flares I painted to match and incorporated with the original YJ Sahara side steps.
-Metalcloak front bumper (I won from a contest on this site!)
-set of 33x12.5r15 firestone destination mud terrains.
I havent done much to the inside other than my redneck speaker tube and a smittybilt center console.
I bought this Jeep in 2008, it allegedly lived most it's life being towed behind a RV and was all stock except for the wheels. I have not shown the poor Jeep much love the last few years but am trying to do better now!
[IMG]4299F245-6FF3-4F05-BBC4-D02BFE0B4ED0 by Jeremy Allread, on Flickr[/IMG]
[IMG]07C87BDB-030F-497D-BD29-8700597F383F by Jeremy Allread, on Flickr[/IMG]
1E3A0777-0F87-48CB-84E7-4BD595CA41AD by Jeremy Allread, on Flickr

Username: Jmkaiser
1995 YJ

So heres the 95 YJ I bought my wife for her new daily driver that will eventually get some more height and tires. Heres the back story to it. So my wife and I are HS sweethearts and were married a year after we graduated. When I HS we both loved to go missing on 2 tracks and tails. We always talked about getting a Jeep someday and making it a project for us. To keep this post from getting crazy long long story short we had our 3 beautiful kids all before we were 25. The Jeep idea went out the window and we went with 1. What we could afford and 2. That meant a minivan. While not her play Jeep it was what the family needed at the end at that point in our lives. So since we were 24 weve been a minivan family. Fast forward to today at 39. Our oldest graduated in June and our middle will do the same in December. So that leaves us with our youngest whos a freshman... (meaning the minivan quickly has become way bigger than our needs anymore). Im surfing FB one day and I see this Jeep on market place thats not far from where we live. My wife immediately tells me if its not a total wreck that she wants it. I can see the pleading in her eyes, it would be a dream come true for her. Took it for a test drive, it had just rained and the tub was holding water. Discovered that the drain holes had duct tape covering them so it couldnt drain. There was some rust but nothing crazy under the carpet. It has a 2.5l with a 5 speed manual with only 78k miles, I talked the guy down a good bit, getting it for 4K because it needed some help getting it running right. The biggest plus for my wife and I is it was a manual, as we prefer manuals and havent owned one in a long time. The Only things not stock on the Jeep is 225/75r15 Kelly AT Tires, (according to the jeeps data plate, 205/70r15s were factory) and a locking center console in the Jeep, cause as my wife says, its hard to hold your coffee in the morning and shift at the same time. Best $65 bucks spent so far. I ripped the carpet out and will be taking care of the rust next. Followed by Raptor lining the interior. Ive installed a new exhaust and Cat, full tune up and the only thing not replaced in the fuel system is the pump in the tank. I also installed a new T-staT, coolant sensor and O2 sensor. Ive also had the timing chain and water pump replaced. Now she runs like a champ and you can see my wifes smile from a country mile as shes going through the gears. Its all just the start to a lot of fun for the love of my life and I with this Jeep! Cheers

Username: jcourt667
1994 YJ

-Engine: 4.0L 6cyl.
-Trans: AX-15 5 speed.
-Xfer: NP231 w/ Texaflex super short SYE.
-Custom rear shaft = XJ front double cardan shaft shortened.
-Custom front shaft = stock YJ front shortened.
-Axles = 1979 Dana 60 HP front, Dana 60 rear. USA Standard Gears 4.88s.
-Brakes = Stock Ford fronts, disc rear conversion. 85 Ford 1 ton master and a 97 Ford explorer booster.
-Suspension = SOA BBS 1.5 inch.
-Custom anti wrap.
-Steering = Chassis Unlimited 1 ton high steer kit, custom links.
-Wheels = Mickey Thompson 17x9 w/4.5 inch bs.
-Tires = Cooper STT 37x12.5x17
-Front bumper = custom w/ Smittybuilt X2O 10k winch.
-Rear bumper = Berserk inspired custom swing out with receiver.
-Body = 1 inch Daystar.

This is my second YJ. The first was a 91 YJ with the 4 cyl. Wanting a 4.0L, I traded it on the current 94 Sahara. That was back in 1997. I found it on a used car lot with 44,000 miles. I currently have 260k on it and cant get it to give up. Runs as good as the day I bought it.

I drove it for next few years as a daily driver, till I started driving more fuel efficient cars to work. I parked the YJ and started a 9 year body off, new frame project, going SOA with one ton axles and 37 inch tires. The YJ at that time had 255k miles, and new frame was in order to have a solid foundation to build from.

Future mods: If the 4.0L ever gives up, I want to go down the 5.3L V8 conversion trail. Roll cage, locker rear and selectable front locker.

Life and kids slowed the work to be non-existent at times. But, I got it done with many hours of lurking around Jeep Forum/F12. Theres a ton of great people here with Jeep knowledge that many of my issues have been resolved by just searching. Thanks
Now some pictures:

Username: NHFireLJ
95 Jeep YJ Unlimited Stretch
1LONGYJ

Specs:
ENGINE/Drivetrain
1999 GM 5.3 LS engine w F-body low profile oilpan, GM 4L60e beefed up transmission, Novak adapter to NP231 wide chain and 6 gear planetary transfer case. Lokar trans shifter and Savvy T case cable shifter
2.5 to 3 exhaust
-160 Amp Alt upgrade
-Dakota steering box upgrade, PS cooler with MORE Hi steer kit, steering box skid and MORE streering box stabilizer
-NELCO dual Diaphragm Brake booster and MC and all disks proportioning valve
-Homebrew military M-35 intake
-Front , G2 D44 w JK R/P 4.88 Eaton E locker, chromoly shafts
-Rear Ford 8.8 w disk brakes, 4.88 w Aussie locker , Yukon Chromoly C clip eliminator shafts, Solid cover
-AA SYE and Tom Woods front and rear CV driveshafts

SUSPENSION
-Front: Metal Cloak Lock N Load radius arm, Radflo 2.5 airshocks, Rear: OEM springs w added main leaf, Ruff stuff perches and Ruff stuff DIY traction bar.
-3/8 heavy duty shackles
-Daystar 1" BL
- MORE Shock extenders Rear
-Hutchinson Alum Beadlocks 15 x 9
-Truxs MT Radials 37" 12.5 x 15

ARMOR and BODY
-Poison Spyder front bumper
-Smitybilt rear bumper homebrew recovery D rings
-Homebrew Rockers
-Homebrew Oil pan skid
-UCF Belly up Skid and Gen Right trans crossmember
-Rugged Ridge fuel tank skid
-Gen Right front and Rear tub corner armor, w OEM Rubicon flares
-Besttop NK OEM LJ top
-TJ full hard doors, Besttop full soft doors
-Monstaliner tub interior
- A to Z Fab / Homebrew Cage, Rockhard Harness bar
-2001 Toyota Celica GT Seats
-CJ drop down tailgate
-CB and Fire ground VHF radios
-Home brew tub mounted tire carrier
-Tuffy and 40mm Ammo can storage boxes
- LJ rollbar speaker pods
-LED lighting, bumper and windshield

RECOVERY
-Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500 winch w Amsteel synthetic line
-MISC recovery gear (straps,tree savers,blocks,and shackles)
-Hi-Lift Jack
MISC
-OBA , A/C conversion w 2.5 gal tank
-Frame swap build up.
-TJ fuel filler mod
-Tub mounted church key
-CJ mirrors

This is my 3rd jeep build, and after seeing a previous YJ to LJ morph, I knew It had to build one.. but keep it leaf sprung. Initial build took about 7 months After initially swapping a 2.5 to an XJ 4.0, I wanted the rumble of a V8 and year 2-3 completed the GM 5.3 LS swap. In between builds /swaps was a great trip to Moab It continues to be a great project but with a front axle upgrade came the the latest addition includes the front RA suspension, air shocks, D44 elocker and beadlocks and 37s. Next up, 4 link rear and maybe 39.5s

Username: Louie4
1993 Jeep YJ Sahara

Specs:
-4.0L with 327,000 miles
-AX-15
-NP231 w/AA SYE
-Working A/C...yes this is worth listing.
-Tom Woods front and rear driveshaft
-Relatively New Black 15 x 8 Soft 8s
-35 x 12.5 BFG KM2s
-Front SOA w/stock YJ rear springs with added main
-Rear SOA w/stock YJ rear springs with added main
-Trail Master Front Shock Hoops
-Front and Rear 5100 Bilsteins (14" travel front)
-Ruff Stuff stock length rear boom shackles
-Front Currie Tow Shackles
-Front HP Ford D44 w/Yukon 4.10s & OX Air Locker!
-Rear Ford 8.8 w/4.10s & ARB Locker
-Stubby front bumper
-Modified Smittybilt rear tire carrier
-4" x 4" x 1/4" GS Rockers
-Ruff Stuff Spring plates
-Solid 8.8 diff guard
-Poison Spyder 3 DeFenders ~ Steel
-Rear TJ flares
-Softopper
-1982 Warn M8274 w/Stock Mount
-Teraflex Hi-Steer Knuckle
-HD tie rod & drag link from Ruff Stuff
-1 Daystar Body Lift
-Daystar Extended Bumpstops
-LED tail lights and reverse lights
-Exercise bike hand throttle
-Hayden power steering cooler
-Quadratec Seats
-Barnes Skid/Crossmember

I got my jeep when I turned 16 for $1,500, bone stock. My first vehicle and I still own it. It was in great shape and I drove it daily for around 7 years through high school and college. I did small mods throughout my college years as I could afford it. I've been able to go wheeling all over the Southeast. I drive it to every park I go to and so far I've been able to drive it back. I now live in Arizona and get to do some real wheeling. I was going to Moab but then the coronavirus hit...sad face.

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 03-27-2020, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

wow.

talk about Sahara's, right?

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #3 of 34 Old 03-27-2020, 10:49 PM
shaggyjim
NARF!

1992 YJ Wrangler 

What a great line up this month. You should have called this Sahara March Bruin.

Jim...

SGT USMC.

......YJOTM June 18......

post #4 of 34 Old 03-28-2020, 06:26 AM
Towny72
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

This is a crazy good lineup. I see 6 winners here.

"One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws" Martin Luther King Jr.
post #5 of 34 Old 03-28-2020, 06:50 AM
TSEJEEPERS

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Voted!
Great rigs everyone!

93 YJ SOA 2" springs front, XJ springs rear w/main leaf added, High pinon 9 inch rear detroit locker front Dana 44 ARB 4.56 Gears, 36 inch Irok tires too much to list.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 34 Old 03-28-2020, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjim View Post
What a great line up this month. You should have called this Sahara March Bruin.[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/JeepForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]
Wondering if that could fly as a themed month. Hm. Sahara September. Thinking in text again fellas, ignore me.

Any how... carry on! This is gonna be good!

~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #7 of 34 Old 03-28-2020, 09:08 AM
Louie4

1935 CJ2A 

Voted. Thanks for getting it together Bruin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bruinjeeper likes this.

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #8 of 34 Old 03-28-2020, 09:51 AM
jeep108

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Oops...I almost broke rule number 4! Voted!
NHfireLJ likes this.

Find the"YJ of the month" contest in the stickies and participate!

Eph 6:13 -Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
Welcome to the forum.
If you are a mechanical neophyte and have to repetitively intone the mantra of "lefty loosey," are a mouth breather and only own a hammer, it will be more of a challenge.
post #9 of 34 Old 03-28-2020, 10:20 AM
jcourt667

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Thanks Bruin. Big lineup this month!

Voted!
Sahara September...How could I not like this?
bruinjeeper likes this.

94 Sahara YJ 4.0L HO. 260k miles!
post #10 of 34 Old 03-28-2020, 10:40 AM
bgredjeep

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Voted

post #11 of 34 Old 03-28-2020, 12:10 PM
DRLExpress

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Voted
post #12 of 34 Old 03-28-2020, 12:42 PM
Flint762
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Voted
post #13 of 34 Old 03-28-2020, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

bump early and often my friends
Attached Images

paulhead likes this.

~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #14 of 34 Old 03-28-2020, 06:03 PM
'92 vegas YJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Voted
post #15 of 34 Old 03-28-2020, 07:19 PM
cpia84

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Voted! This is a very good and tough lineup.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in