Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Ls3 in YJ

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Waternut 
#1 · (Edited)
Long tube headers in YJ with ls3

Hello I'm looking for information on anybody who has an LS motor in their YJ that is running long tube headers. I have a built Ls3 in my jeep and I'm running out of air. Just got it off the Dyno and I Need to be able to let the motor breath more.
Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I've got an LS in my Jeep and I'm familiar with the dyno tuning but never heard the phrase "running out of air". Usually when someone says the motor needs to breath more, they're talking about intake restrictions. Also very curious how they determined that your headers were the major restriction in the exhaust. Lastly, I haven't really heard of anyone in a full bodied Jeep say that a stock LS isn't enough power for them, much less an LS3. So what are you doing/trying to accomplish with this build?

#5 ·
Maybe longer headers and a cam overlap overscavenging intake? I just don’t see that with tunable efi; scavenging doesn’t actually pull a vacuum, but too early injector firing I guess could dump a lot of fuel that could go out the exhaust and mess with the O2 sensor(s)?

I just didn’t understand the question.

#6 ·
Maybe longer headers and a cam overlap overscavenging intake? I just don't see that with tunable efi; scavenging doesn't actually pull a vacuum, but too early injector firing I guess could dump a lot of fuel that could go out the exhaust and mess with the O2 sensor(s)?

I just didn't understand the question.
If he wants to optimize scavenging then 180 degree headers is where its at. Plus the sound of 180 degree headers on a v8 is rad. I doubt that packaging would fit though.

#11 ·
So don't just say you got it figured out - share what it turned out to be. This forum is all about sharing our info.

Reactions: 93YJfalcon
#16 ·
Big engine, big luggy tires, big transmission, big transfer case... You're comparing it to a 2wd drag and race cars which typically have a 15-20% loss. An AWD car can lose closer to 25% on average. However, dyno's can measure the driveline loss and then estimate the crank horsepower. Go watch some of Busted Knuckles youtube channel. Big rock bouncers can lose as much as 60% from engine to tires. There is a lot more that plays into the losses than you think.

As for the original poster... you gave us no real information to help you and then once you fixed it, you gave us no real information on the problem or the fix. Glad you got it figure out but that's pretty lame of you... :thumbdown: :topicsucks:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.