362Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2341 of 2374 Old 10-16-2021, 10:42 PM
shaggyjim
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
It’s going to be so tall. I hope they settle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No worries bro it will fit 39’s no problem!

Randonexplosion likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2342 of 2374 Old 10-17-2021, 12:41 PM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It’s going to be so tall. I hope they settle.

On that note; might want to factor in the settling when setting up the pinion angle.

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
post #2343 of 2374 Old 10-17-2021, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Louie4

1935 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
On that note; might want to factor in the settling when setting up the pinion angle.

Most definitely. I have 2 degree shims now that I tried to correct the angle from the spring sag. Now the pinion angle is like this /\ versus this \/ after the spring failure.

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #2344 of 2374 Old 10-22-2021, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Louie4

1935 CJ2A 

Yesterday was my birthday and I took off work to just wrench on the jeep. That’s kind of like my spa day but instead of getting clean and relaxed, you get dirty and achy at the end of the day but the mental cleansing is the key.

I installed my new brake master cylinder to replace my OEM one. The reservoir was cracked due to heat and dry rot. It also clearly had a leak at some point but never got to the point of a drip. I bench bled it with the awful kit that came with it and got brake fluid every where.

Next I took the winch off and pulled the power cables out to put new lugs on it with my crimpers.

NashvilleTJ likes this.

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #2345 of 2374 Old 10-22-2021, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Louie4

1935 CJ2A 

Louie4's YJ

I also took my bumper off to get access to the steering box. My PSC box comes in today. I determined my OEM box was not rebuildable after striking gold and having it run in a small stream of glitter out the hose fittings on the box.

I also took my rear springs off so I can put my RE 1.5” SOA ones in.

I also removed my rear driveshaft to freshen up the u-joints and put a new centering ball yoke in. I replaced mine on the trail in Moab with one that was old and dried out but still had the needle bearings.

One more bit of good news is I determined the 8.8 pinion flange pinion nut was loose, not a bad bearing. So I need to figure out how to get it to stay.

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #2346 of 2374 Old 10-22-2021, 12:59 PM
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Dang Louie, you had a busy day. If the pinion nut is backing off on its own then you probably need a new one. Did you regear that 8.8?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven". Such is the rule of honor - Omerta
post #2347 of 2374 Old 10-22-2021, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Louie4

1935 CJ2A 

I did not…East Coast Gear Supply did in Raleigh.

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #2348 of 2374 Old 10-22-2021, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Louie4

1935 CJ2A 

Here is the spare rear driveshaft. They are stretched to match what full droop looks like. So the spare will work…as a spare.

I just need a flange adapter now.

shaggyjim likes this.

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #2349 of 2374 Old 10-23-2021, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Louie4

1935 CJ2A 

I learned why the dude was selling it now. The yoke on the slip joint was Beaten so bad the snap ring groove closed up. I plan to get a dremel and grind a groove back in it. For $30, I can’t even buy a u-joint so I will make it work or get it repaired.

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #2350 of 2374 Old 10-23-2021, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Louie4

1935 CJ2A 

New PSC steering box came in Friday…

bruinjeeper and Brad Perryman like this.

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #2351 of 2374 Old 10-23-2021, 06:52 PM
shaggyjim
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I learned why the dude was selling it now. The yoke on the slip joint was Beaten so bad the snap ring groove closed up. I plan to get a dremel and grind a groove back in it. For $30, I can’t even buy a u-joint so I will make it work or get it repaired.
A dremel with a cutoff wheel should work great and if not Dennys driveshaft has new yokes.
post #2352 of 2374 Old 10-27-2021, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Louie4

1935 CJ2A 

Jim,

Good call.

shaggyjim and bruinjeeper like this.

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #2353 of 2374 Old 10-30-2021, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Louie4

1935 CJ2A 

daddyjeep87 likes this.

Lou

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

post #2354 of 2374 Old 10-30-2021, 10:41 AM
bruinjeeper
Moderation in Moderation

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

#shinefactormatters

~YJOTM MAY '16, JUL '19, NOV '21~

post #2355 of 2374 Old 10-30-2021, 11:07 AM
shaggyjim
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Oh, that’s lovely that is.

Tags
cheap , domination , georgia , poison spyder , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in