lift my 91 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bruinjeeper

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-31-2020, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Ga_Jeepin_91

lift my 91

i have been looking around for lifts for my jeep. i am thinking about a 2 and a half in suspension lift. nothing crazy. ive never installed a lift before just wondering what lifts would be recommended as well as anything i might not be thinking of such as the drive shafts. would i need to get longer ones? longer brake lines? etc. thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-01-2020, 05:28 AM
fishadventure
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga_Jeepin_91 View Post
i have been looking around for lifts for my jeep. i am thinking about a 2 and a half in suspension lift. nothing crazy. ive never installed a lift before just wondering what lifts would be recommended as well as anything i might not be thinking of such as the drive shafts. would i need to get longer ones? longer brake lines? etc. thank you
There’s ways around longer brake lines so not necessarily needing that. Driveshafts: maybe, probably need longer ones.

May I suggest a 1” body lift from prothane and 2-1/2” Old Man Emu 2-1/2” springs, and skyjacker hydro shocks?
That will get you an excellent ride and let you run 35s at the mall.

If you’re going to offroad it, that lift will do 33s without a lot of cutting and compensation needed. I was joking about the 35s. Don’t do it.

[size=3]Shackles & D-rings are different things.
Cranking IS turning over
post #3 of 4 Old 04-01-2020, 08:07 AM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

What about 35's on 20" rims?

Gain some ground clearance under the pumpkins.

....this is also a joke. Do not adhere
paulhead likes this.

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~

post #4 of 4 Old 04-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Luuca
Typical /f12 Hooligan

1986 MJ Comanche 

You don't need to buy a kit or do anything too super crazy to get 2.5-3" of lift and run 33s on stock axles.

There is a search feature on this forum and using the keyword "Lift Kit" you will find over 100 posts that go into detail about how to achieve this on a budget using quality parts and some nifty home-brew shortcuts.

Best of luck.

91 YJ "Alice"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
YJOTM Sept. 2017
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Luck Favours The Prepared

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in