LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 55 Old 01-09-2019, 06:50 AM
Louie4
Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Is this it?

https://genright.com/products/univer...ember-kit.html

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 55 Old 01-11-2019, 04:00 AM
jeep63
Web Wheeler

2013 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHfireLJ View Post
Check UFC under cover fab. They make 0" to 3" drop skids. nice products
I'll throw my weight in on UFC... Nice solid skid.

95 YJ-Sold
YJOTM 05/15,05/18
post #18 of 55 Old 01-11-2019, 03:23 PM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Yup

AUDREY...95 YJ UNLIMITED

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495
SOLD

BETTY...94, Stroker 4.6,35"s, SOLD

style intake

post #19 of 55 Old 07-09-2019, 09:10 PM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
I have the ultra thin UFC and it drops maybe an inch below the frame. Had to fab the transmission mount and massage the floor a little but it's been great.

how much "massaging" we talking here?

they recommend at least a 2" BL. I have a 1" going on soon and already have a 1" MML installed with the stock 30rh automatic.

did you clock your tcase?

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #20 of 55 Old 07-10-2019, 06:09 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinjeeper View Post

they recommend at least a 2" BL. I have a 1" going on soon and already have a 1" MML installed with the stock 30rh automatic.

I was wondering the same thing. I have a 1 MM lift I just put in.(Gotta love just using common spring bushings for the motor mount) and I am about to do a 1 body lift. I have been trying to figure how flat I can do with my skid since I need a new one soon I had to use fender washers on it to keep it up. Sounds like a 1 inch drop would about fit the bill to keep from having to massage the floor.

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
post #21 of 55 Old 07-10-2019, 06:31 AM
gutthans

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Been a while for this thread, but this seems like a good time to post up my TDK skid pics. A little less clearance than some of the others, but damn hard to beat for workability. It's a 2 piece unit with the flat plate separately attaching to the 'pan' portion. Around town I drop the plate off as it's 1/4 steel and weighs about 60 lbs.

I also drill and tap the frame for studs, and use conical nuts to hold it on. That'll work better for stock plates because it eliminates the rust-in-the-hole issue. TDK holes are flat so I flip the nuts.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0004.jpg   IMG_1751.jpg   IMG_1752.jpg   IMG_1753.jpg  
post #22 of 55 Old 07-10-2019, 06:38 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutthans View Post
Been a while for this thread, but this seems like a good time to post up my TDK skid pics. A little less clearance than some of the others, but damn hard to beat for workability. It's a 2 piece unit with the flat plate separately attaching to the 'pan' portion. Around town I drop the plate off as it's 1/4 steel and weighs about 60 lbs.

I also drill and tap the frame for studs, and use conical nuts to hold it on. That'll work better for stock plates because it eliminates the rust-in-the-hole issue. TDK holes are flat so I flip the nuts.
HOw did you tap the frame and get a good bite. The frame is only about 1/8th inch. Doesnt seem like you would get more than 2 threads?

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Quote:
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
post #23 of 55 Old 07-10-2019, 07:45 AM
gutthans

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
HOw did you tap the frame and get a good bite. The frame is only about 1/8th inch. Doesnt seem like you would get more than 2 threads?
I ran a 1/2 x 20 SAE thread. It goes through the frame and rethreads the nut behind it as well (factory frame). The TDK frame has a tall nut welded flush that gets retapped to the 1/2 x 20. Gives just shy of 1/2" of threaded area. I use double sided studs with 1/2 x 20 (frame) and 1/2 x 13 (nuts). Blue Loc-tite in and use Eastwood Amber over the inside.
post #24 of 55 Old 07-10-2019, 07:55 AM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

As much as I appreciate another option... I want as much clearance as possible and the UCF skid seems to fit the bill.
@jbolty I am wondering if transmission option matters when it comes to clearances. Or is it a case of the TC? I would prefer not to have to do as much as clocking the TC. This project can only work for me if it's as quick, painless and cheap as possible. I have no issue with massaging with a BFH. But would like a definite answer on if it would be enough to make the 1" Ultra thin UCF skid work. Or even a full on Barnes flat skid.
@Awesome can you chime in here with your experiences?

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #25 of 55 Old 07-10-2019, 07:55 AM
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:

Not much. Some one fussy might cut the floor and build a little house but I just smacked it with a 5# hammer a few times. The drive shaft yoke was hitting the floor; that's it.
NHfireLJ likes this.

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey

post #26 of 55 Old 07-10-2019, 08:01 AM
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
As much as I appreciate another option... I want as much clearance as possible and the UCF skid seems to fit the bill.
@jbolty I am wondering if transmission option matters when it comes to clearances. Or is it a case of the TC? I would prefer not to have to do as much as clocking the TC. This project can only work for me if it's as quick, painless and cheap as possible. I have no issue with massaging with a BFH. But would like a definite answer on if it would be enough to make the 1" Ultra thin UCF skid work. Or even a full on Barnes flat skid.
I have an auto trans so the mount is a little different but that made it easy to modify. Cut an inch out of the bracket, smacked the floor a few times and presto.

thinking about it now I had to modify the exhaust bracket too, just to raise the pipe. All in all not a big job. We put the same skid on a TJ with a rubicon transfer case and did have to cut the floor for that one.

"The right to be heard does not necessarily include the right to be taken seriously." —Hubert Humphrey

post #27 of 55 Old 07-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have an auto trans so the mount is a little different but that made it easy to modify. Cut an inch out of the bracket, smacked the floor a few times and presto.

thinking about it now I had to modify the exhaust bracket too, just to raise the pipe. All in all not a big job. We put the same skid on a TJ with a rubicon transfer case and did have to cut the floor for that one.
Do you know if the Auto sits higher than the manual?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
post #28 of 55 Old 07-10-2019, 08:13 AM
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
it might. I used the original rubber mount and cut an inch out of the bracket. Can't find a picture. you could also cut a little off the front lip of the skid and gain an inch.

found a pic of the oricinal auto bracket. this is 1/8 thick and bent into a sort of flat top pyramid.
Attached Images

Siva283 likes this.

post #29 of 55 Old 07-10-2019, 08:15 AM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you.

I also have an automatic. These were my concerns as most belly ups I have seen involved the manuals.

So the tcase yoke is the issue. No problem.

~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #30 of 55 Old 07-10-2019, 08:17 AM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
it might. I used the original rubber mount and cut an inch out of the bracket. Can't find a picture. you could also cut a little off the front lip of the skid and gain an inch.
Interesting. An inch out of the bottom of the bracket I am assuming.

I will look at photos of the UCF skid once more to see if I can understand how cutting an inch from its lip would help. Can't visualize it right now

~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in