I think I broke my Ccard - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
 79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 212 Old 04-09-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
paulhead
if it works fix it

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Been wire wheeling the hell out the housing, lots o rust. Inside was pretty nasty too. Welded the tubes to the housing today, threw on a Ruff Stuff cover I bought used. Ordered some knuckle gussets and a truss from Ballistic.

Attached Thumbnails
zxs.jpg  
NHfireLJ likes this.

Trying to weld has honed my grinding skills

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 212 Old 04-10-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
paulhead
if it works fix it

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Before and after, a lil paint, new Spicer ball joints and torqued on the steering arm. Steering arm was machined perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
knu.jpg   knuc.jpg   knucc.jpg  
shaggyjim and bruinjeeper like this.

post #183 of 212 Old 04-12-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
paulhead
if it works fix it

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I pulled the trigger. (a small bonus from work helped too) Said I wasn't but I've been reading how it's hit and miss with the chromos made in India and Korea, how sometimes people are breaking ears before u-joints because the D44 shaft ain't much different than the 30. I plan on doing the hammers more often and didn't want to take a chance. Plus American made. My ccard actually turned to dust after I punched in the numbers. Skinny Pedal Racing got a great deal. Still need to get the gearing done but I'll keep posted. I know Dana 60 this and that but didn't want to have to start changing everything.
Attached Thumbnails
rcv.jpg  

post #184 of 212 Old 04-12-2019, 01:57 PM
Randonexplosion

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Im about to pull the trigger on a set. They warranty them for use up to 40s and I plan to see if they hold up

Where did you get them from?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
paulhead likes this.

post #185 of 212 Old 04-12-2019, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
paulhead
if it works fix it

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Im about to pull the trigger on a set. They warranty them for use up to 40s and I plan to see if they hold up

Where did you get them from?

https://skinny-pedal-racing.myshopify.com/

post #186 of 212 Old 04-12-2019, 06:16 PM
Randonexplosion

1988 YJ Wrangler 

With that discount code thats the cheapest ive found. Thanks Paul!

post #187 of 212 Old 04-13-2019, 08:36 AM
shaggyjim
Joy can be found anywhere

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the RCV's Paul. I just couldn't pull the trigger on them in the end. Im sure you'll get great use out of them at the hammers and I bet your credit card will recover from shock sooner or later.
paulhead likes this.

Jim...

"That's more fun than watching a hippie get mauled by a bear!"
......YJOTM June 18......
post #188 of 212 Old 05-21-2019, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
paulhead
if it works fix it

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Gonna gusset and truss the D44 before I send it out for gearing. Had to take a pic of possibly the best bead I've ever laid . Ignore the boogers around it. Corners and gaps challenged me on the rest. Also before and after of the waggys. New bushings and pads, graphite between leafs.
Attached Thumbnails
zxz.jpg   zx.jpg   zxx.jpg   zxxx.jpg  

post #189 of 212 Old 06-02-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
paulhead
if it works fix it

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Pulled the rear axle out, getting both re geared to 4.88. Was a debate I had because of the 3 spd, that or 5.13s even though I tow it most of the time. Wanted it still streetable. I know the 4 to 1 Roc Trac will more than make up for it. Painted the ubolts for my 8.8 so they wouldn't get all rusty again (waiting on lecture about reusing ubolts). And if spending money on RCVs wasn't enough I got some Yukon hubs so it'll be a guessing game on whats the fuse now. Will it be the locker? Gears? DS? T case? Door # 1,2 or 3? I think staying at 37's and having a little pedal discipline will make nice.
Attached Thumbnails
20190602_125410.jpg   20190602_151107.jpg   20190602_152236.jpg  
bgredjeep and bruinjeeper like this.

post #190 of 212 Old 06-02-2019, 07:58 PM
bgredjeep
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Yukons are supposed to fail locked if they break so I wouldn't call that a fuse.

post #191 of 212 Old 06-02-2019, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
paulhead
if it works fix it

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
Yukons are supposed to fail locked if they break so I wouldn't call that a fuse.
Yup, there you go

post #192 of 212 Old 06-12-2019, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
paulhead
if it works fix it

1994 YJ Wrangler 

4.5" RE in the back with 6" shackles in the back, stock waggys front. full weight on the springs. (plan SUA back, SOA front) not sure how this is gonna turn out, waiting on axles to get geared. Anticipation killing me. I may got SOA all around. If it sits too high I may go SUA front as well.
Attached Thumbnails
20190608_191609.jpg  

post #193 of 212 Old 07-19-2019, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
paulhead
if it works fix it

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Summer vacation sucks! Watching kids killing my free time!! Anyway finally got a chance to bolt in the D44 and it kicked my ***, notched the spring perches a little because they sit a hair wider than the YJ springs, also notched the pumpkin for the u-bolts to hug the axle. But took me longer than it shoulda, I get rusty when I'm not wrenching everyday.
Attached Thumbnails
20190719_175135_HDR.jpg   20190719_175117_HDR.jpg  
87TPIYJ and bruinjeeper like this.

post #194 of 212 Old 07-23-2019, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
paulhead
if it works fix it

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Was installing the rear axle and I noticed the fancy RuffStuff spring plates weren't in the best shape, were bending as I was cranking the u-bolts down. This may not be an issue if they were thicker steel (1/4"?) but they're not. So I opted to go the $20 junkyard ubolt flip route. These came off a Dodge 1500, I think the chevys are identical. I'm realizing this build is 80% hindsight 20/20 shoulda gone this other route and coulda saved $$ blah, blah, blah.....
Attached Thumbnails
20151102_153726_zpszlorosti.jpg   20190722_133812.jpg  
NHfireLJ and bruinjeeper like this.

post #195 of 212 Old 07-24-2019, 07:13 PM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulhead View Post
Was installing the rear axle and I noticed the fancy RuffStuff spring plates weren't in the best shape, were bending as I was cranking the u-bolts down. This may not be an issue if they were thicker steel (1/4"?) but they're not. So I opted to go the $20 junkyard ubolt flip route. These came off a Dodge 1500, I think the chevys are identical. I'm realizing this build is 80% hindsight 20/20 shoulda gone this other route and coulda saved $$ blah, blah, blah.....
Take a pic and send it to RS. I bet they refund you some or all , or give you store credit

AUDREY...95 YJ UNLIMITED

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495
SOLD

BETTY...94, Stroker 4.6,35"s, SOLD

style intake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in