I'm back with more brake questions - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 31 Old 10-16-2020, 04:29 PM
bgredjeep

1987 YJ Wrangler 

I looked up the manual this morning. Increase should mean increase pressure. I pasted the adjustment info below (sounds like you've seen it) . The first step sounds like they start as weak as they'll go, then slowly increase from there. With the trouble you're having I'd max out until you get something to happen. Lol

Also, I'll be at river rock tomorrow if that's where you are going.

Proportioning Valve Adjustment:The proportioning valve is used to adjust the rate of increase in rear brake line pressure, relative and proportionate to theincrease in front brake line pressure. For safety and performance, the rear brakes should never lock before the front brakes. Otherwise, an out of control situationcould occur.

1.Begin with the valve in the full proportioned (least pressure) position by turning the knob all the way out (counter-clockwise rotation).
2.In a safe location, make several hard stops from 30 MPH observing the function of the rear brakes. If the rear brakes do notlock up before the front, graduallyincrease the rear line pressure by rotating the valve clockwise (two turns each time).
3.Continue these adjustments until the maximum amount of rear brake pressure can be achieved, and no wheel rear lock is observed.
4.Test the vehicle again at 50 MPH and make any additional adjustments as needed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in