3Likes
  • 1 Post By Siva283
  • 1 Post By 04TJ-jeeper
  • 1 Post By Siva283

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 07-15-2019, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Jthuma

How to hide previous owners windshield frame damage

Does anyone have any ideas to cover these holes on the sides. They look horible and i dont know think a light bar bracket will cover. Thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails
20190715_182425_1563233418803.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-15-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Jthuma

Any ideas on how to cover this damage?
Attached Thumbnails
20190715_182414_1563233793868.jpg  
post #3 of 13 Old 07-16-2019, 02:09 PM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Weld Grind paint. Or if you dont have a welder JBWeld sand paint. Its temporary no matter what though since water has probably gotten inside its most likely started rusting in there already
bharris68 likes this.

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.

post #4 of 13 Old 07-16-2019, 03:46 PM
04TJ-jeeper

1990 YJ Wrangler 

in order to fix the issue you'll be sanding and painting. either of Siva's options are about as far as it gets, the only other option would be replacing the frame (which would probably be the best way for longevity)
bharris68 likes this.

1987 YJ 4.2 / 1990 YJ 4.2 / 1995 YJ 4.0 / 2014 JKU / 2019 JLU
post #5 of 13 Old 07-16-2019, 04:29 PM
K0LCB

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TJ-jeeper View Post
in order to fix the issue you'll be sanding and painting. either of Siva's options are about as far as it gets, the only other option would be replacing the frame (which would probably be the best way for longevity)
X-2

L. C. AKA LEONARD
Itís a Jeep thing
post #6 of 13 Old 07-16-2019, 06:04 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Either what Siva said or there is always the option of duct tape, gorilla tape or flex seal.. Let us not forget the old school method of bubblegum.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.
post #7 of 13 Old 07-16-2019, 06:58 PM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

find a part out on local craigslist and pick one up.Where i am located i can get a windshield frame in great condition with glass for less than 100$

removing it, you'll have a perfect opportunity to get a new gasket installed and keep this as a spare.

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~
post #8 of 13 Old 07-16-2019, 07:28 PM
Boojo35
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinjeeper View Post
find a part out on local craigslist and pick one up.Where i am located i can get a windshield frame in great condition with glass for less than 100$

removing it, you'll have a perfect opportunity to get a new gasket installed and keep this as a spare.
I need to live where you do. Good frames are priceless. Bad or questionable frames are more than you say.

If you cannot fix it with a hammer then it has to be an electrical problem.
post #9 of 13 Old 07-17-2019, 06:58 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boojo35 View Post
I need to live where you do. Good frames are priceless. Bad or questionable frames are more than you say.
Me too. I thought I did good getting a windsheild frame with glass and gaskets on amazon. Came to $290 onse I added urethan and primer. And I have to assemble the damn thing this weekend. I Would much rather pay $100 plus gasket.

1995 YJ. 2 inch BDS Spring lift. 1 inch shackle lift. 1.25 inch JKS Body Lift 33x12.5x15's. Engo 10,000 pound winch.

Quote:
I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim
Quote:
Quote:
diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.
post #10 of 13 Old 07-18-2019, 04:10 PM
bharris68
Gravel Truck Pilot
1989 YJ Wrangler 

www.jeepglass.com can paint match your windshield frame and put new glass in, too. All you do is swap over your wiper arms and mechanics and you're in business
post #11 of 13 Old 07-19-2019, 07:13 AM
Siva283

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharris68 View Post
www.jeepglass.com can paint match your windshield frame and put new glass in, too. All you do is swap over your wiper arms and mechanics and you're in business
For $500. I have $300 into mine. Thats a new frame new glass all new gaskets primer urethane new rear view mirror new qiper motor and I am forgetting something. Got it yesterday and painted it. Glass goes in tonight and tomorrow I will install it. and saved $150- $200. ALso the PO painted my Jeep and I have yet to figure out what color matches it
bharris68 likes this.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ask me how I know...
Quote:
post #12 of 13 Old 07-19-2019, 09:47 AM
BaumSquadM24
1988 YJ Wrangler 

The windshield isn't sealed. If there is water inside you can just fold the window down and inspect the inside. That being said, welding, JB weld, or Bondo will all seal that up and do a good job if you do it properly.
post #13 of 13 Old 07-19-2019, 09:59 AM
bruinjeeper
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boojo35 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinjeeper View Post

If anybody around here is selling a windshield frame with good glass it's because they have sold their project and have left over parts they want to get out of their garage/shed. Any of us still driving YJs have a gold mine on our hands in the lower mainland or even further North. In the Okanagan valley region.

These are the same people which dictate the market for guys who have extras that want to sell to get money for other YJ parts. Why would someone pay $400 when they can pay $100? The guys who know the value of the part in turn either have to sell for around the same cost or add in some benefits (,other misc items) or hang onto the windshield and find money for YJ parts by other means.

Stop whining about the 'ride' - If your YJ ain't wrangling your soul free, then might I suggest you buy a stationwagon... at least you can fit all your bull**** in the back.
~YJOTM MAY '16~
~YJOTM JULY '19~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in