1Likes
  • 1 Post By Feetwet

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 04-13-2019, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Red88

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Hard top rear glass explosion

So..... I am running 31s on the Jeep and the tire stop bumper isn't sized for this big of tire. I had to push on the tail gate to get the rear hatch to clear the tire and got away with it for quite a while. Well I didn't get the timing right and the corner of the glass caught the tire and there was quite an impressive explosion of glass.
Now I have a new glass installed and moved the tire stop down about 4 inches so the tire doesn't hit the tail light and now clears. The hatch also. That was an expensive oops.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-14-2019, 03:48 AM
Feetwet
Enjoying the Ride

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Glad you got it sorted out.

How about posting up where you sourced the glass, who did the install, etc. so others may benefit...
Hardtop glass is an issue for a lot of Jeepers.
zrickety likes this.

Fight Crime...Shoot Back

Friends don't let friends roll over without a negative-G strap

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 04-14-2019, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Red88

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
I bought it used from dead Jeep's. I installed it myself. I have to say I wasn't impressed with what I got though. It was shown with all the hardware but it was missing parts and had broken parts. The glass was intact so I just used my old hardware.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in